Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

GoodOne said:
So whatcha reckon, should we go for a low-third, high fourth round. Or do you think we could get really lucky and get that high third rounder?

No at this stage. I would definatley stick by the kid, but it is a risk, because at this stage he is probably the equivalent asset of a third round pick. To suggest any more would be dillussional...

Turbo Tiger said:
GoodOne said:
So whatcha reckon, should we go for a low-third, high fourth round. Or do you think we could get really lucky and get that high third rounder?

No at this stage. I would definatley stick by the kid, but it is a risk, because at this stage he is probably the equivalent asset of a third round pick. To suggest any more would be dillussional...

Maybe they can trade for Buddy McCadam and a first rounder - three stinkers in a row - surely the Hawks cant carry this bloke much longer. I think even Krakour has kicked more goal than him recently and Jackson's goal kicking efforts make Buddy look like Jamie Shanahan. Likely to be at Box Hill sooner rather than later and once he has fully McCadamised I dont think thre would be much interest in him. Nah what I am thinking off - we'll just take the first rounder.

Turbo Tiger said:
GoodOne said:

you are sad case .

P!ss off

lamb22 said:
Maybe they can trade for Buddy McCadam and a first rounder - three stinkers in a row - surely the Hawks cant carry this bloke much longer. I think even Krakour has kicked more goal than him recently and Jackson's goal kicking efforts make Buddy look like Jamie Shanahan. Likely to be at Box Hill sooner rather than later and once he has fully McCadamised I dont think thre would be much interest in him. Nah what I am thinking off - we'll just take the first rounder.

At this stage McAdam is way ahead of Bling. At least he did something.

Bling has not done one single thing to warrant his selection, and such his market value will have plummeted. Is this such a bizarre comment?

TT

PS. I don't think we should be spending time worrying about teams that are equal second after nearly half a season. We haven't been there since the 1970s...

Agreed, Tambling is improving, and I look forward to seeing him in the yellow and black for many years to come.

Tigers of Old said:
I reckon now is about the perfect time for TW to shift Tambling to the HBF in an attacking role.

Blight did similar with Macleod in his third season and he absolutely blossomed there.
I think Bling would really benefit from have the ball come to him for a few weeks.

Well said. We also did a similar thing with Joel and now he is an all australian.

Maybe we swap the positions we play bling and rainesy would be a boon for us.

Turbo Tiger said:
lamb22 said:

Bling has not done one single thing to warrant his selection, and such his market value will have plummeted. Is this such a bizarre comment?

TT

PS. I don't think we should be spending time worrying about teams that are equal second after nearly half a season. We haven't been there since the 1970s...

Come on Turbo - dont sit on the fence. Buddy Mcadam cant get a kick and when he does he shanks it - I think keeping him in when he is not reday may be affecting his form. Dont you think a spell at Box Hill may refresh him. Obviously the pressure of playing against the big boys is getting to him. Its a bit sad for Buddy that he had that 9 goal haul, mostly flukes and errors by the opposition. He will never go close to that again and the false expectations will weigh him down. I dont think the comparisons to McCadam are really fair but the fans will obviously make that connection as he continues to flounder week in week out. A bit tough for the kid.

And I dont think we should be making a comparison between our side Turbo and the Hawks who have made failure a virtue the past two years.

lamb22 said:
Turbo Tiger said:
lamb22 said:

TT

Come on Turbo - dont sit on the fence. Buddy Mcadam cant get a kick and when he does he shanks it - I think keeping him in when he is not reday may be affecting his form. Dont you think a spell at Box Hill may refresh him. Obviously the pressure of playing against the big boys is getting to him. Its a bit sad for Buddy that he had that 9 goal haul, mostly flukes and errors by the opposition. He will never go close to that again and the false expectations will weigh him down. I dont think the comparisons to McCadam are really fair but the fans will obviously make that connection as he continues to flounder week in week out. A bit tough for the kid.

And I dont think we should be making a comparison between our side Turbo and the Hawks who have made failure a virtue the past two years.

mcadam is a good comparison, but a better one is Paul Medhurst, another flakey front runner who also kicked 9 goals once.

Go Tassie go!!!!

didnt m. marenda (carnt remember how you spell it!) take a while to come good? hopefully tambling will burst onto the scene and blow us all away!! :)

mtench said:
didnt m. marenda (carnt remember how you spell it!) take a while to come good? hopefully tambling will burst onto the scene and blow us all away!! :)

Did he actually come good...?

mtench said:
hopefully tambling will burst onto the scene and blow us all away!! :)

Hopefully mtench, there will be a few with a knife & fork in their hands if he does. :D

Freezer said:
mtench said:
Did he actually come good...?

Polled Brownlow votes in 8 games in 1996, the year before chronic injury took hold.

lamb22 said:

I agree a team with a 6-3 ratio is a bad comparison for a team that 0-9, and no amount of rubbish will change that!

Turbo Tiger said:
lamb22 said:

I agree a team with a 6-3 ratio is a bad comparison for a team that 0-9, and no amount of rubbish will change that!
:eek:

Crikey, they'd want to start throwing a few, or they'll miss out on those high draft picks!!

Where have all the Tambling v Franklin comparisons gone now that Franklin can't get a kick...? How bad was he against the Eagles...? Has he been included in the SOFT thread...?

Freezer said:
Where have all the Tambling v Franklin comparisons gone now that Franklin can't get a kick...? How bad was he against the Eagles...? Has he been included in the SOFT thread...?

So right freezer, when buddy had those fantastic 2 weeks it was saturated upon us but the last 3 weeks he has kicked 3 goals, and last week had 5 possessions and 1 mark. Its funny more so the hawks fans who come on this site and love to pump up buddy which they have a right too but hey we're happy for u to cane him too when he has a bad one. :hihi

Yeah, I'd noticed that Turdbo had gone a bit quiet.

I think Franklin may still be someway ahead. Even though Franklin's output has been minimal it is still equal to Tambling.

Hopefully Richie will turn it on this week - Brisbane have some useful ins.

Turbo Tiger said:
lamb22 said:

up to post 326, the obsession continues

sad sad case :(