Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

geoffryprettyboy said:
Jools said:
It may have come down to a choice between Hyde and Tambling.

Choice?

I think we brought in Tambling too early, he hasn't recovered from his injury. Is that fair too say?

Another blunder by our medico's then.

I meant a choice tonight, prior to the match.
A little difficult with the schedule this week - Richmond had to be in Adelaide yesterday and trained after they arrived, then Coburg would have had to get to Tassie in time.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Another blunder by our medico's then.

Spot on. Surely there are some undergraduates we can employ for a pittance who would do a better job.

Waited a while to see a game with McLeod & Tambling on the park together - After all, this thread makes a wonderful comparison of the two. But I'll choose to neglect McLeods game, as it would be entirely unfair to make any comparisons. Right?

Anyway, to the man this thread is dearly devoted - I thought a relatively quiet game by Tambling's standards. Perhaps he was still injured. But I think, given the amount of players being rotated by TW and the notion, every player is given an opportunity to show something, I thought he was extremely dissapointing. Why?
He simply wasn't desparate enough tonight. Didn't play with any intensity. And that effort on centre wing in the final term, a clear example of a hesitant footballer who continues to struggle at the elite level.

Now, back to the McLeod/ Tambling comparison please...How does it go? If we only compare the first three years...but remember he's had some bad luck with injury...he's an Aboriginal....he's become a father?"

Rockster said:
you guys can defend this guy till the cows come home from i saw tonight tambling is so soft he gives marshmellows a bad name , its easy to sit around the outskirts waiting for the easy ball , what about commiting the body , putting the body on the line when it matters ... i suppose no guts no glory .

Whatever.

He had 9 tackles the other week.

His strength is winning his own ball from under packs and bursting away but I guess we should forget that Tambling HAS hardness because he had a quiet game when he was clearly brought back too early.

Look for what ive seen this year Ritchie has tackled hard and gone in "at times" but id have to say in all honesty that 2nite he simply looked in 2nd gear, now i don’t know if he was worried about his shoulder and not wanting to re-injury it, but to many times when he had to go for the hard ball he didn't. Maybe they put him in to early, so ill cut him a bit of slack but next week will tell the story in the dream time game.

FWIW i am a bling fan and what i saw 2nite of him just didn't seem like the zippy Tambling that we know.

I am so peeved with Ritchie week in week out the way he chases a player. His defence has got to be a mind thing. His player will have the ball and jog away from him while tambo trots alongside when its too late Ricthie will make an effort to spoil or tackle but to no avail.

Fair Dinkum i see players overtake Tambo to make the tackle, almost every week!!! It happened tonight!

gives me the ^%$#!!!!

Rockster said:
you guys can defend this guy till the cows come home from i saw tonight tambling is so soft he gives marshmellows a bad name , its easy to sit around the outskirts waiting for the easy ball , what about commiting the body , putting the body on the line when it matters ... i suppose no guts no glory .
on tonight's game weak as *smile*

trade....he is weak as...no inclination to chase an opponent.....waste of a pick....

many will stick up for him...but from what i saw again tonight...he WONT chase....LAZY.......nothing will change my mind....he has lost me....

Looked totally disinterested tonight. He would just jog around while the Bummers were running away from him.
Just not good enough hes supposed to be better than that.

Defensive pressure from behind is an area that Richie lacks in, as does the whole team. Should always chase, the player with the ball will often prop to assess options or change course, or even miscue a bounce letting the chaser in with a chance.

Disappointing performance.Still think he will be a good player but nowhere near what I initially thought.

LidsandBling said:
someone show the guy how chris newman chases down opponents

Yes good point l&b. Newman is the only RFC player that does this repeatedly (that I can think of)

why the hell do most Richmond supporters over rate players ?

What has Tambling done so far ? third year at the club and one good quarter which he kicked 4 goals. big deal.

I agree that he is a wasted draft pick. Wouldnt get much more than a 3rd round pick for the dud if traded.

Richmonds recruiting has been the laughing stock of the AFL.