Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

Does anyone know the Blingta's injury status? How long will he be out?

Could this be a good opportunity for the Tambling's to take a break up in the Territory, afterall he does need to unwind and relax.

I checked out a couple of Dogs forums and talked to a few mates. Funny how they don't give a *smile* about Buddy.

Disco08 said:
I checked out a couple of Dogs forums and talked to a few mates. Funny how they don't give a sh!t about Buddy.

Amazing what a bit of success will do Disco.

As soon as the Tigers turn the corner, a few here hopefully won't either. :spin

Disco08 said:
I checked out a couple of Dogs forums and talked to a few mates. Funny how they don't give a sh!t about Buddy.

why would they give a *smile* about buddy disco , their 1st choice griffen has been more than servicable for them ,

Rockster said:
why would they give a sh!t about buddy disco , their 1st choice griffen has been more than servicable for them ,

Griffen's been close to a write off this year. He's as far behind Franklin as Tambling is right now.

Overall in the 3 years since drafted Griffen has show he has the goods , his last year was very consistant if not a standout year for a 2nd year .
Tambling so far has given us nothing more than a few cameo performances here and there .

You've obviously spent too much time listening to the media and watching news highlight reels. Griffen, whilst showing some good signs and plenty of promise has been far from 'very consistent' and absolutely not 'a standout'.

Your over rating of this guy and under rating of Tambling is very amusing Rocky.

i wouldnt say i am underating tambling , RT really hasnt performed consistantly at a high level to allow me to rate him highly Disco , all i have seen so far are 3 very good quarters of football and the rest have been mistake riddled or just complete fade outs at best .
Griffen is a far more consistant player , or is it mainly because the dogs played free flowing running football , won more games , and Griffen played a brilliant final to help smash collingwood last year that makes him look more consistant to me .

Rockster said:
i wouldnt say i am underating tambling , RT really hasnt performed consistantly at a high level to allow me to rate him highly Disco , all i have seen so far are 3 very good quarters of football and the rest have been mistake riddled or just complete fade outs at best .
Griffen is a far more consistant player , or is it mainly because the dogs played free flowing running football , won more games , and Griffen played a brilliant final to help smash collingwood last year that makes him look more consistant to me .

Look I know is is in vain to point out the obvious to some people in this silly and tedious thread, but Bling might look a bit better with Westy and Cross dishing the ball out to him, and Giansiracusa and Gilbee hitting him on the chest with a precision pass.

no doubt , and i dare say a few other of our player would look better too if our senior crop of players stood tall , but they dont , and thats why we are suffering .
Our senior core group is just not up to showing the youngsters the way .

Griffen has had arguably one of the easiest jobs in the AFL, running off the Dogs half back line. Tambling has had arguably two of the toughest, either in the dysfunctional Richmond forward line or in the weak Richmond midfield.

I don't know what makes you describe him as consistent though. So far in his career he's had nearly as many really quiet games as Tambling has. This isn't a knock on either of them though. There's been alot of fantastic players that haven't been able to consistently perform at a high level in their first two or three years in the AFL.

Disco08 said:
Griffen has had arguably one of the easiest jobs in the AFL, running off the Dogs half back line. Tambling has had arguably two of the toughest, either in the dysfunctional Richmond forward line or in the weak Richmond midfield.

I don't know what makes you describe him as consistent though. So far in his career he's had nearly as many really quiet games as Tambling has. This isn't a knock on either of them though. There's been alot of fantastic players that haven't been able to consistently perform at a high level in their first two or three years in the AFL.

The difficulty of the task at hand is not the issue. The problem with Tambling is that he has shown absolutley no vision in any of his games, with the exception of a couple of quarters (not that they were full of vision either). The kid finds a bit of the ball, but he consistently handballs it to a player that is standing five metres away in a poor position.

The problem I have with this is - you can't teach a player vision!

As I've asked you before when you recited this tripe, name some occasions he does this and I'll check them for you. Tambling's handballs in close have been one of his best features this year.

Your coach seems to think so too. :)

Disco08 said:
As I've asked you before when you recited this tripe, name some occasions he does this and I'll check them for you. Tambling's handballs in close have been one of his best features this year.

Your coach seems to think so too. :)

For example, in the bulldogs game when we looked like we could actually shock the football world by winning a game, he continued to show zero vision and handball three metres to players running past (with bulldogs chasing them).

In short, he is a no vision pony, and that is the majoreason he has done nothing so far in his career!

PS Shmeg, who is "my coach".

Which one of his 5 effective handballs are you referring to? All of them? :rofl

Disco08 said:
Which one of his 5 effective handballs are you referring to? All of them? :rofl

Sorry my mistake, he will get three Brownlow votes! He turned the game with 3.2 metre handballs to a guy under the pump. A true visionary!