Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

Tigers of Old said:
Forget the Tambling comparison.
Based on last weekend's performance, Franklin is well ahead of Lids too.

Is the hottest property, best tall forward and the most exciting player in the AFL atm.

Doolz85 said:
why is tambling on when he is clearly injured? its not like the game is in the balance, its stupid to put him in risk of a more serious injury :mad:
Agree,our medical team needs an urgent review.

Tigers of Old said:

FYI Franklin kicked more goals in Saturdays Game than the combined possie tally of Lids and Bling , so i agree he must be streets ahead.

Rockster said:
Tigers of Old said:

FYI Franklin kicked more goals in Saturdays Game than the combined possie tally of Lids and Bling , so i agree he must be streets ahead.

Oh for crying out loud Rock, we know Buddy is better than the Blingsta, who in their right mind would think otherwise?

If Franklin was playing for Richmond last night, he would have played in the ruck or at half back. Where as Tambling would been running alongside, Crawford, Lewis & Mitchell on Saturday ;)

Rockster said:

13?

Skills,

You are spot on. The whole Tambling v Franklin debate is irrelevant as if Franklin was at Richmond he would have been dragged down by our unsatisfactory disposal and Tambling at Hawthorn would be revelling as an outside midfielder being provided plenty of opportunities by Lewis and Mitchell.

TigerSkills said:
Skills,

You are spot on. The whole Tambling v Franklin debate is irrelevant as if Franklin was at Richmond he would have been dragged down by our unsatisfactory disposal and Tambling at Hawthorn would be revelling as an outside midfielder being provided plenty of opportunities by Lewis and Mitchell.

I think it would probably suit Buddy more to have the ball coming into the forward line at his toes...

Seriously, why doesnt Terry just bite the bullet and play Bling for 85% of the match in the midfield. We did it with Lewis and have a look at him right now, hes AA at this point in time..Essendon did with Stanton too, its the only way they are going to learn. Yeh theyll stuff up every so often but at least you can see what exactly theyre gonna give to the team. Or at the least, glimpses of it.

I kinda feel sorry for Tambling, its seriously a bit rough being compared constantly to a bloke who is probably, along with Judd, the most exciting young player the comp has seen this decade (that might cause a bit of havoc around here, but its true)..

Williams_ Magic said:
I kinda feel sorry for Tambling, its seriously a bit rough being compared constantly to a bloke who is probably, along with Judd, the most exciting young player the comp has seen this decade (that might cause a bit of havoc around here, but its true)..

I hung it on Buddy big time until the past fortnight, but based on what I saw last weekend I'd suggest that's true.
You Hawks got damn lucky. Franklin is a special talent, at least so far...

Tigers of Old said:
Williams_ Magic said:

I hung it on Buddy big time until the past fortnight, but based on what I saw last weekend I'd suggest that's true.
You Hawks got damn lucky. Franklin is a special talent, at least so far...

Yep, as much as it hurts, especially after what happened last night, all the signs point to buddy being a star.

Another one that got away :pullhair

Hindsight is great but we should not be dissapointed in missing out on Franklin because we picked up a very good youngster in Bling. I think we can all agree that Bling is improving and in time will hopefully become the player we wanted him to be.

Don't disagree at all mate, here's hoping blingsta develops into a true tiger champ :)

Come on bling bling, make us proud :clap

But by jingoes by jeepers by crikey, it hurts right now!!

I still think Tambling will be our best youngster (with Riewoldt close behind). Buddy is looking like a star but I'm still cautious about it... mentally Bling is 1000x stronger than Buddy in every department, so long term Blinger will have the advantage.

It doesn't HAVE to be a situation like the Judd/Hodge one, I think a lot of people are expecting one to be greatly better than the other no ifs no buts. This time it could be a Judd/Goodes type situation, we have the Judd they have the Goodes.

Do you really think bling is going to develop into a better player than lids benny?

FFS im sick of this comparing bling and buddy crap
If you guys love buddy so much then go and sit in the hawthorn cheer squad.
I'm sticking with what we have and im confident Blingers will develop into a great player, he has every asset he needs personally, the 2 things he needs are team mates with a bit more spirit and passion about them and a bit more time.
Agree with comments from other threads, to tackle the way he did with an injured shoulder and not give up really showed some character about the boy and we're lucky we've got him. Hawks can keep buddy, just sing his praises somewhere else, not on tambling threads

benny_furs said:
I still think Tambling will be our best youngster (with Riewoldt close behind). Buddy is looking like a star but I'm still cautious about it... mentally Bling is 1000x stronger than Buddy in every department, so long term Blinger will have the advantage.

Are you serious? What is wrong with Buddy mentally? He has not shown one single weak mental tendancy, while Bling has shown a total lack of footballing vision.

Attitudes like yours - that our players are better despite playing bad football - will ensure we stay at the southern end of the ladder.

Let's justy admit Buddy is heaps better, and try to recruit his from the Dawks via a pre-season trade. Maybe for Bling and our first draft pick?

In time (maybe even as soon as next year), Tambling will be a fine player. He won't be as good as Franklin andperhaps not at the level of a number 4 draft pick, but nevertheless he'll be a good assett for the club.

It would be great to have Franklin and in hinsight a recruiting error was made. But we can't change it, so let's get on with supporting Tambling's development. Let's encourage him as much as he can. Any player that can kick four goals in a quarter against the current West Coast side must have some ability.