Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

Tigers2011 said:
In time (maybe even as soon as next year), Tambling will be a fine player. He won't be as good as Franklin andperhaps not at the level of a number 4 draft pick, but nevertheless he'll be a good assett for the club.

It would be great to have Franklin and in hinsight a recruiting error was made. But we can't change it, so let's get on with supporting Tambling's development. Let's encourage him as much as he can. Any player that can kick four goals in a quarter against the current West Coast side must have some ability.

What has been done to make sure the same mistake won't happen again?

Hopefully the review taking place now will improve the recruiting section of the club. As stated on other posts, this area of the club has to be improved to alleviate mistakes as much as possible.

Turbo Tiger said:
Tigers2011 said:
In time (maybe even as soon as next year), Tambling will be a fine player. He won't be as good as Franklin andperhaps not at the level of a number 4 draft pick, but nevertheless he'll be a good assett for the club.

It would be great to have Franklin and in hinsight a recruiting error was made. But we can't change it, so let's get on with supporting Tambling's development. Let's encourage him as much as he can. Any player that can kick four goals in a quarter against the current West Coast side must have some ability.

What has been done to make sure the same mistake won't happen again?

Turbo, we're all suffering right now but I don't think we should be singling out Richie as some sort of symbolism for Richmonds abject failure across the board. Having Franklin would be nice and few could dispute the gulf that is widening between him and the entire 2004 crop, Hawthorn continued to support Hodge whilst the accocolades piled up for Judd and now he's a respected leader at the club.

I'm supporting Richie and believe he will be an integral part of the future, we have seemingly erred in selection but Bling is now a Tiger and deserves more than just being labelled Fiora mark II. Richmond's problems stem a lot deeper than one player versus another and sometimes I think this debate has masked many other deficiencies which need to be addressed.

Winning a premiership is more than just having a Pavlich or a Franklin or a Fevola or even the flawed genius we call Richo, it's about being a strong team on all levels - you're only as good as your weakest link and Richie is far from being the weakest link.

Sometimes I think the lynch mob has completely missed the point when a guy returns to the field despite sporting an obvious injury yet is heavily criticised for not matching Franklins output the previous day. It is clear that the media will not let this go so as Tiger supporters I think it's time we rose above the BS and show some faith in the next generation. This has been a terrible week no doubt but I haven't lost faith in the youth strategy we currently have in place. A weeks a long time in football and I look forward to seeing some true Tiger passion return in our next match against Port.

Anyone besides me that think we can pull off one of the biggest unexpected wins of recent times against Port??

B1

B1 and B2 said:
Anyone besides me that think we can pull off one of the biggest unexpected wins of recent times against Port??

B1

No. But feel free to have some of your hard earned on the Tiges at about $6.

BrisTiger24 said:

Might be worth a lazy $20

BrisTiger24 said:

Saw that, what is it paying for over 39pts? I know I'm dreaming but just out of curiosity!!

B1

Can't believe we've had 56 pages of Bling.v.Franklin......surprised no one has started a thread (there probably is one, if I could be bothered doing the search for it ::)) on Fiora.v.Pavlova.

EVERY club in the AFL has had players that they either didn't pick, let go, delisted who went on to become stars, etc.....and because of our failures, then decisions like Bling over Franklin come under the microscope more than ever.

The fact of the matter is, no on on this forum can categorically state, that Franklin would be as good at Richmond than he is at Hawthorn, at present.
And to be honest, I think everyone is creaming their pants over this bloke because he kicked 9 on the weekend....well, whoop-de-do!!!
Richo kicked 10 against the Dogs a few years ago....maybe he is better than Judd too? :p

If we had drafted Franklin....surrounded him with our players....trained him with our coaches...made him play to our gameplan...there is a big possibility that this saviour called Franklin would be labelled a dud on this forum, and a player called Bling would be labelled the "one that got away" as he showed off his pace and skill next to players like Hodge, Crawford, Mitchell, Sewell, etc.

The decision has been made...its been 3 years about...let go people.....let go....we've got the Bling, let him play.

Dont know if one of these has been posted, but a comparison of the two is below.

Richard Tambling Name Lance Franklin
Richmond Tigers Team Hawthorn Hawks
39 Career Games 40
Southern Districts Origin Perth
September 12, 1986 Date of Birth January 30, 1987
20yr 7mth Age 20yr 3mth
180cm Height 196cm
80kg Weight 99kg
6 2007 Games 6
7.7 Kicks Per Game 10.0
4.7 Handballs Per Game 5.5
12.3 Disposals Per Game 15.5
3.5 Marks Per Game 5.3
1.2 Goals Per Game 3.8
0.5 Behinds Per Game 2.2
3.3 Tackles Per Game 2.7
0.3 Hitouts Per Game 0
0.7 Frees For Per Game 0.7
0.3 Frees Against Per Game 1.8

Bold = Where Tambling is better stats wise.

All the stats are from 2007.
Now i dont agree with this complaining that they got it wrong by drafting Tambling over Franklin, but whoopy di do. There both still young, only 20 years old. Ok Franklin is a bit ahead of Tambling at the moment, but they are two different players, and it may be harder for Tambling to settle in possibly due to his position. I dont know, only time will tell

It was stated Franklin was pretty blazae with his footy and just wanted to have fun.
RFC, WB and Hawks werent goin to select Buddy with their first pick as they didnt want a nother Tarrant or someone who wasnt committed.
BIG DEAL Buddy is at the Hawks. Sweet Move on.

B1 and B2 said:
Saw that, what is it paying for over 39pts? I know I'm dreaming but just out of curiosity!!

B1

$26. Over 60pts, you can get $44. In terms of margins, Port get shorter as you extend the margin...i.e. shortest at over 60pts

BrisTiger24 said:
$26. Over 60pts, you can get $44. In terms of margins, Port get shorter as you extend the margin...i.e. shortest at over 60pts

What if all 3151 PREnders put in a dollar each as a plunge on Tigers by 60+.

A little earner of about $130,000.....

B1

B1 and B2 said:
What if all 3151 PREnders put in a dollar each as a plunge on Tigers by 60+.

A little earner of about $130,000.....

B1

Who is going to pay for your $1 B1? Me you still owe me $1 for the chips.

B2

tannerztigers said:
Ok Franklin is a bit ahead of Tambling at the moment, but they are two different players, and it may be harder for Tambling to settle in possibly due to his position. I dont know, only time will tell

This is like saying Pavlich is a little ahead of Fiona...

Franklin is awesom now, and has heaps of improvement left in him. he is being described as the most exciting player in the AFL. We don't even know if Tambling can be serviceable yet!

LET'S NOT AVOID THE HARD ISSUES!

Turbo Tiger said:
Franklin is awesom now, and has heaps of improvement left in him. he is being described as the most exciting player in the AFL.

THIS week!

PS. He's not the Messiah either.
Build a bridge for heaven's sake.

Turbo thats rediculous. There all still pretty young, Judd is the most exiting player in the AFL, followed by Kerr, Aaron Davey, Gary Ablett in no particular order. Franklin has had a couple of good solid games in a row. His not the most exiting player in the AFL

turbo are you playing devils advocate or are you just plain stupid? what is the point to all this ramming down peoples throats your opinion? we have had people say that buddy is great, tiges stuffed up. franklin is better but tambling is still good, if we had our time again we would have taken buddy and everything else on the matter has been spoken about in depth for nearly 3 years. what other answers could anyone here possibly give you to appease your ego and why do they have to? what exactly do you want?

He's here because he's a troll, pure and simple. People with little intelligence find this sort of thing amusing.

tannerztigers said:
His not the most exiting player in the AFL

He's certainly the most exciting young player in the AFL.
If he was playing for Richmond, who here wouldn't be hailing him as the messiah?

Where Turbo Hawk falls down is his ungenerous assessment of Tambling.

Ritchie is coming along just fine and we've seen glimpses of brilliance that fill me with confidence that he will be a very good player for us over time.

LidsandBling said:
turbo are you playing devils advocate or are you just plain stupid? what is the point to all this ramming down peoples throats your opinion? we have had people say that buddy is great, tiges stuffed up. franklin is better but tambling is still good, if we had our time again we would have taken buddy and everything else on the matter has been spoken about in depth for nearly 3 years. what other answers could anyone here possibly give you to appease your ego and why do they have to? what exactly do you want?

:clap

[crickets chirping and awaiting turbo's response....]