Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

Tigerbob said:
LidsandBling said:
why do so many of us give a *smile* about hawks and franklin. he looks a good player but who cares we have heaps of good young players too.

The point is we could of had him hey......

Oh well, im used to it, im hurting more from the Pavlich/Fiora mess than this one but still it hurts!

Richard Tambling better lift his workrate or we could get even more embarrassed!

Hmmmmmm

but if he was such a moral why did the hawks take him a 5 and whorethorn, doggies and tiges(twice) all overlooked him between pick 1 and 4. drafting is so speculative that these things will always happen.

i just hope they stop happening to us

Haha, I knew if I popped on this thread would be going nuts. :rofl

It's nice to be able to rely on some things in life.

Ms Tantie.
xox

Rockster said:
Hawthorn fans can get excited as much as they like because Franklin will be another Richo case of a 'one-dimensional' forward line.

How could we have picked up Franklin if we still had (and have) Richo running around ?

big difference between richo and franklin is that Franklin can actually kick , he has just a lazy 8 - 2 today FYI
[/quote]

Dont know Rockster last time i looked richo had 700+ goals to his name and has kicked 9 and 10 a game, so if your saying buddy can kick cause he has 8 goals so can richo cause he has kicked more than that, its a flawed argument.

What amazes me is the bullies didn't pick him either and nothing has been said, ill tell you another thing "based on the first 5 games of this year" bling has passed griffen....Tambling will be a star will he be better than buddy who really know's.
Good luck to the hawks maybe they should be saying they'd be a better team with Judd....Ouch :duh

The Buddy / Tambo thing reminds me so much of the Johnston / Ottens thing when Melbourne picked Johnston number one in front of Ottens. For about 5 years I felt so superior to my Melbourne loving family. Johnston just looked terrible early on in his career. Skill but something missing. Ottens on the other hand ... I'll tell you who I would prefer now! Time changes everything.

Difficult to compare the two anyway, very different players.

As good as Tambling may be, we simply got it wrong. Franklin, will be, if he isn't already, a gin.

It happens.

jb03 said:
As good as Tambling may be, we simply got it wrong. Franklin, will be, if he isn't already, a gin.

It happens.

He's gonna have a sex change?

gin /dʒɪn
–noun Australian Informal.
1. a female Aborigine.
2. an Aboriginal wife.

as jack dyer used to say , as the game wears on little guya get slower but big guys dont get shorter.

Lance the one that got away

puntrd64 said:
as jack dyer used to say , as the game wears on little guya get slower but big guys dont get shorter.

Lance the one that got away

Nah, he was never coming to Tigerland. Didn't matter what happened. We were either going to pick Tambling or Roughead. Hawks and Franklin was inevitable.

RROFO said:
The Buddy / Tambo thing reminds me so much of the Johnston / Ottens thing when Melbourne picked Johnston number one in front of Ottens. For about 5 years I felt so superior to my Melbourne loving family. Johnston just looked terrible early on in his career. Skill but something missing. Ottens on the other hand ... I'll tell you who I would prefer now! Time changes everything.

I hope you are right RROFO because ATM Buddy is looking like the pick of the draft.

Tigers of Old said:
RROFO said:

I hope you are right RROFO because ATM Buddy is looking like the pick of the draft.

Doesn't really matter if I am right. What's the point dwelling over choices that were made in good faith, which might (and I stress might) prove not to be the best against all available evidence at the time. I don't see the problem. Tambo's going to be great. You can't draft every player in the draft. Good luck to Buddy and the Hawks.

Here is hoping, crossing my fingers, my eyes, and my toes that the Blingsta gets a BOG today. I'll settle for a BOG than a sack full of goals.

C'mon Blingsta, prove everyone wrong.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Here is hoping, crossing my fingers, my eyes, and my toes that the Blingsta gets a BOG today. I'll settle for a BOG than a sack full of goals.

C'mon Blingsta, prove everyone wrong.

Why does Tambling cop so much expectation from you GPB? He is travelling fine and is hardly another Fiora situation.

There were 3 other players chosen before Franklin aside from Ritchie who also arguably aren't showing what Franklin is.

Franklin had a freakish game yesterday, not even Lids is showing as much as Buddy is ATM. A bit unfair to place all that expectation at RT's feet.

PRE Armchair Expert Number 1: I lile Buddy he is good.

PRE Armchair Expert Number 2: Tambling will be good too, just give him time.

PRE Armchair Expert Number 1: Tambling won't be as good as Buddy. He is the best, I just want to boof him.

PRE Armchair Expert Number 2: Hang on, Tambling is boofable. What about his cute but.

Hey this is fun. I could have written this whole thread by myself.

Tigers of Old said:
Why does Tambling cop so much expectation from you GPB?

Going back to 'that' draft Oldie, I and many others would have selected differently, anyway that's history. I've had a one on one with TW regarding Franklin on the eve of pre-season training in 2006. He explained to me in straight terms (I cannot disclose the words he used) why we didn't pick Buddy. After he justified his reasoning to me, I just said to him, "So we don't have the personnel at the club to change this person?".

I'm just sitting back, with Terry's words about Frankling still ringing in my ears, and after yesterday's performance and let's not forget last week's performance I just sit back and just want to give TW this ;).

I really, deep down want Richard to be on par with Buddy because I cop a lot of flack from Hawthorn supporters, and other supporters on how we *smiled* up. I'm starting to run out of words to back Richard, the talking is down out on the ground.

Of course time will tell, I said I'll give them a 5 year period before we can compare the two, but at this stage Buddy is a game breaker & winner.

Tigerbob said:
LidsandBling said:
why do so many of us give a *smile* about hawks and franklin. he looks a good player but who cares we have heaps of good young players too.

The point is we could of had him hey......

Oh well, im used to it, im hurting more from the Pavlich/Fiora mess than this one but still it hurts!

Richard Tambling better lift his workrate or we could get even more embarrassed!

Hmmmmmm
And if we finished in the bottom 4 in 2001 we could have had Judd.
I have no doubt that if we had Pav or Franklin they would have both returned home by now and you would all be bagging them for something.

They are two totally different players so its unfair to compare. Franklin is good yes, but Tambling is going to be good as well. Tambling > Griffen. He averages like 9 disposals this year. What was all this talk about?

tigers#7 said:
They are two totally different players so its unfair to compare. Franklin is good yes, but Tambling is going to be good as well. Tambling > Griffen. He averages like 9 disposals this year. What was all this talk about?
Griffen is clearly carrying an injury, he has been terrible this year.

geoffryprettyboy said:
I really, deep down want Richard to be on par with Buddy because I cop a lot of flack from Hawthorn supporters, and other supporters on how we *smiled* up.

So do you ask said hawks supporters why chris Judd doesn't play for them?? how long did it take Hodge to come good??

I am so sick of the comparison!! there is none, they are totally different players, playing very different roles

As long as Richie does the job we want him to do and we have JR, Cleve and Sarge in our forward line im happy with the selection!!

Jake Niall has just asked Jason Dunstall, on MMM, did Hawthorn rate Richie higher than Lance, and therefore if given the chance would they have taken Richie before Lance in the draft.
Jason initially didn't answer, and then said he couldn't remember. The other 2 commentators laughed and said that was a yes. Jason then said it wasn't necessarily a yes, but they certainly rated Richie.

dermott brereton said at the time there was a question mark on buddy about his attitude, we made the correct decision at the time to take tambling ahead of franklin.
just like how hawthorn overlooked judd because there were question marks over his shoulder injuries.
they made the right decision to choose hodge with the information they had at the time.
hindsight is a wonderful thing.