Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

Watched the replay and Tambling was pathetic against the dogs.

He better show something soon or ferals will become wrestless.

Pathetic seems a bit harsh, Harry. Why do you say Pathetic?

Dyer'ere said:
Pathetic seems a bit harsh, Harry. Why do you say Pathetic?

OK - poor.

He just can't get into the flow of a game, and really struggles to read the play to get into the right position. Whenever he gets near the ball he rushes and panics which more often than not causes him to fumble. When he does get hands on the ball he again rushes and panics causing him to not see the better options around him. Lacks composure and in todays football composure is so important in order to keep posession. You could have got away with it a few decades ago where it was all about getting the ball and pumping it long on all occassions but not today. I watch the games from the top stand at the G and this wiewpoint shows out those players that can assess the situation, settle and find a teamate. Don't like bagging a kid for the sake of it, but these are my observations and concerns about Tambling. Hope he can improve in these areas but IMO awareness and composure are probably the hardest areas to improve. This is what seperates great footballers from average ones. He has the athleticism to be a servicable player but that's probably it.

Harry said:
Watched the replay and Tambling was pathetic against the dogs.

Not so much pathetic, just lacking vision...

I agree he was quiet against the Dogs, obviously. But he spent the entire game pretty much in the forward line. Which other one of our forwards had a good game? He still got 14 touches and hit the post once. I'd have thought that the way Richmond brought the ball forward 14 touches and a goal from a small crumber would have been an OK result. You could certainly count the number of times the ball came into 50 without giving the Dogs time to flood on one hand. Contrary to what the trolling dawk says he used it pretty well and generally does.

Also, contrary to what tigers80 said, the kid isn't lazy. He simply doesn't have the fitness base to do what some others are doing RIGHT NOW. From all reports he was one of the hardest workers this pre-season. Does that sound lazy to you? Doesn't it make sense that someone coming from the NT might have a lower starting fitness base? Weren't his first 2 pre-seasons derailed due to injuries?

Disco08 said:
I agree he was quiet against the Dogs, obviously. But he spent the entire game pretty much in the forward line. Which other one of our forwards had a good game? He still got 14 touches and hit the post once. I'd have thought that the way Richmond brought the ball forward 14 touches and a goal from a small crumber would have been an OK result. You could certainly count the number of times the ball came into 50 without giving the Dogs time to flood on one hand. Contrary to what the trolling dawk says he used it pretty well and generally does.

Also, contrary to what tigers80 said, the kid isn't lazy. He simply doesn't have the fitness base to do what some others are doing RIGHT NOW. From all reports he was one of the hardest workers this pre-season. Does that sound lazy to you? Doesn't it make sense that someone coming from the NT might have a lower starting fitness base? Weren't his first 2 pre-seasons derailed due to injuries?

Thanks for a sensible post about Tambling Disco, he quite possibly could become a great Tiger if we
give him the chance to develop.

B1

How dare you let reality get in the way of bagging out one of our kids Disco? :eek:

B1 and B2 said:
Disco08 said:

Thanks for a sensible post about Tambling Disco, he quite possibly could become a great Tiger if we

B1

Who's not giving him a chance?

As if posts of opinion on a football forum are gonna stunt his development.

Get real.

Harry said:
B1 and B2 said:

B1

Who's not giving him a chance?

As if posts of opinion on a football forum are gonna stunt his development.

Get real.

Why get insulting Harry, I'm pretty sure you know what I was trying to say.
I think I am aware that posts on PRE will not affect a players development.

B1

so that should mean he would be fit wouldnt it?

id like to see him on a wing and get involved in the game he is a better player than a forward pocket

Agreed.

justice said:
so that should mean he would be fit wouldnt it?

There's fit, and there's fit enough to run out a full game of modern AFL. Most people say it takes at least two pre-seasons to get to that fitness level, more if you start from a lower base. Otherwise the really talented kids would come in and dominate AFL straight away, which is absolutely never the case.

I could think of about 15 problems I could worry about with Richmond list before starting to worry about Tamblings future.

Hard to believe this has got to 44 pages.

evo said:
I could think of about 15 problems I could worry about with Richmond list before starting to worry about Tamblings future.

Agree evo. But I guess the masses have had enough of whingeing about the established senior players, that they want to have some new scapegoats.

evo said:

It's like we've got no bad players. ;D

evo said:

I think people are worried about Tambo not becoming an immediate superstar like Deledio, Griffen, Roughead, Lewis and Franklin, all of who can (and consistently do) turn a game off their own boot!

Djevv said:
evo said:

I think people are worried about Tambo not becoming an immediate superstar like Deledio, Griffen, Roughead, Lewis and Franklin, all of who can (and consistently do) turn a game off their own boot!

Roughead a superstar ????????

evo said:

Agree.

The problem here is that people are suggesting that he WILL become a superstar by default. I and others are saying that there are worrying signs and there are indications that he won't reach those expectations.

I don't care if he doesn't get 30 posessions or that he doesn't cuts teams apart with the posessions he does get. I care more about what I see on the park in terms of reading the game, positioning, quick thinking and execution. From what I have seen he has shown nothing more than what a kid picked in the third/fourth round would show, not something a pick #4 in his 3rd year should.