Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

justice said:
Tambling Man said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
Tambling Man said:
................. you should never trade away your first round pick unless you are getting a young player with talent.

So then what is your opinion on Richmond trading 8 & 42 and receiving Polak & Pick 13?

Initially I was horrified, but 42 is a stab in the dark. The downgraded pick 8 still gives us a very servicable player and Polack is young. I'm pretty happy with it now that Polack has shown that he does belong at AFL level. We effectively got two KPP's for the price of one.

42 was not a stab in the dark it was a deep draft and their was still quality available

the only concern on polak will be if he can take the next step or if he will just be a mediocre kp utility

we'll wait and see

Don't worry Justice of the Peace, Polak has the tools to be a great tradesman down back , and up forward, give him a year to settle completley, and he'll be fresher and stronger next year, let's not forget, Polak would be in the same transitional state as Simmonds was in his first year.

It would be great if Tambling and Walla$e are watching the way Davey from the Bummers puts so much pressure on the Pies backmen when they try to run the ball out of the backline.
Thats the way Id be expecting Tambling to play by chasing down the defenders and putting pressure on them in order to keep the ball in our forward line.

I'd say by the time he's 23 he'll be doing that and more.

btoz_01 said:
It would be great if Tambling and Walla$e are watching the way Davey from the Bummers puts so much pressure on the Pies backmen when they try to run the ball out of the backline.

how was that goal he kicked?! :eek:

Tigers of Old said:
btoz_01 said:

how was that goal he kicked?! :eek:

As Macavaney would say it was SSSSpecial

btoz_01 said:
Thats the way Id be expecting Tambling to play by chasing down the defenders and putting pressure on them in order to keep the ball in our forward line.

exactly this is one of my gripes about tambling......does not exert enough pressure for liking.....chase....pressure...etc.....its like he only does it as an after thought not good enough in my opinion...will he make it....time will tell......some players just are unable to step up when the crunch comes.....

perhaps just a "good ordinary player" as captain jack would say....

I loved the confidence Davey has in himself especially his lateral speed!!
Thats what id love to see out of Tambling!

The_General said:
We cannot say we've won that trade yet. None of the players have proved anything yet. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early.

Yes it is early but at present we are in front, polak has played 3 good games and JR looks the goods from early reports.

Polo gets dropped and plays against Box Hill and wins the medal, if Tambling was dropped there was no way in the world he would of won it. ;)

geoffryprettyboy said:
Polo gets dropped and plays against Box Hill and wins the medal, if Tambling was dropped there was no way in the world he would of won it. ;)

He'd struggle to get a kick.

Tambling has never played a good game for Coburg.

geoffryprettyboy said:

Wasn't Tambling in our best when Coburg played early in the season with Wallace saying he was now clearly above that level. ::)

How can you speculate he wouldn't have won it? :blah

Some knives out a bit early on poor Tambling. Did someone say he was just another Krakouer? Has 4 years on Krakouer to prove or dsisprove that opinion.

The call has been made to wait until 23 years old. :rotfl

Until then, I'll be in the shed.

Call me when he's ready.

geoffryprettyboy said:

Tambling was one of the few bright lights that night only a fortnight back GPB.
I might have to rename you 'light switch' because you are on and off the Tigers faster than I can blink. ;) ;D

GoodOne said:
Some knives out a bit early on poor Tambling. Did someone say he was just another Krakouer? Has 4 years on Krakouer to prove or dsisprove that opinion.

He's played 2 or 3 games better than Krakouer's best so far too.

Tigers of Old said:
Tambling was one of the few bright lights that night only a fortnight back GPB.
I might have to rename you 'lightswitch' because you are on an off the Tigers faster than I can blink. ;) ;D

Does it really matter to you how I react to my beloved Tigers? Yes, Tambling had a serviceable game against the magpies for 2 quarters and 9 minutes of the 3 rd quarter. What's all the excitment about Tambling after half a game a footy? Is it beacuse he touched the ball, is that why you're excited?

Don't get sucked into what you read Oldie, or the sh!t you step on will be brought into your house. ;)

Stick to the Tambling debate.