Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

Turbo Tiger said:
King of the Jungle said:
Tambling will be an elite midfielder no question just need to keep playing him has pace & creativity.

On Friday night he kept running into trouble and then handpassing to a guy that was 1.7 metres away. Showed zero vision....

Disagree, I think he generally has good vision, particularly in congested situations...as Disco says, name some occasions and I'll happily concede.

No football nous?!!

No wait.

This ISN'T the Hawthorn boards... ???

What's going on!!

Before being drafted he was getting figures like 25 possessions, 9 clearances, 8 tackles and 2 goals in a single match. NT league isn't as good but you don't get those figures without great vision and smarts - it's as simple as that!

Tambling will be better than Buddy and I for one would pick Blinger over Buddy everytime. In the future Buddy's flaws will hold him back where Tambling's dominance will grow until the MCG policeman arrest him for being such a gun. :police:

It is a disgrace to call him no better than Krakouer. Can't you see his constant improvement? He will be an elite midfielder no doubt about it, he is more of a natural midfielder than Deledio will ever be.

Turbo Tiger said:
King of the Jungle said:
Tambling will be an elite midfielder no question just need to keep playing him has pace & creativity.

On Friday night he kept running into trouble and then handpassing to a guy that was 1.7 metres away. Showed zero vision....

Gee that Judd debacle by Hawks really hurts doesn't it - You can keep trolling away here bagging Richie but it will never change the obvious shame and angst you feel by being let down by Hawk recruiters. I'll tell you what though, There is a worse decision the Hawks have made and that is taking that lard ar$e rougheahd at 2 rather than Richie - this decison will prove disastrous for the Hawks. At least in by by passing Judd they got a passable half back flanker in Hodge. Getting stuck with Roughie when they could have had "Turbo Tambling" will haunt them for many years - and probably keep Turbo Hawk sadly trolling the RFC boards with tears in his eyes and emptiness in his heart!

If your giving us heaps now Turbo when we have Lids and Richie,
Id consider us lucky and not lookin so dumb for Taking ROughie ahead of Franklin at 4 that would of been embarrassing!!!.............Wait you Dawks took him at 2!!!! 8)

benny_furs said:
No football nous?!!

No wait.

This ISN'T the Hawthorn boards... ???

What's going on!!

Before being drafted he was getting figures like 25 possessions, 9 clearances, 8 tackles and 2 goals in a single match. NT league isn't as good but you don't get those figures without great vision and smarts - it's as simple as that!

Tambling will be better than Buddy and I for one would pick Blinger over Buddy everytime. In the future Buddy's flaws will hold him back where Tambling's dominance will grow until the MCG policeman arrest him for being such a gun. :police:

It is a disgrace to call him no better than Krakouer. Can't you see his constant improvement? He will be an elite midfielder no doubt about it, he is more of a natural midfielder than Deledio will ever be.

That is just a load of parochial clap trap.

If you can't concede that Franklin is a few steps ahead of Tambling then your glasses are far too tinted with yellow and black to make any sort of reasoned judgement.

I agree that he has far more improvement in him than Krak but that is hardly a great cause for celebration. I still reckon Tambling will be a very good player but given the choice on their current form Franklin is miles in front and structurally I reckon we could do worse than get the "dud" in Roughead.

I was over the moon when we drafted Tambling but please explain to me how Tambling's stats 3 years ago in an inferior underage competition are of any relevence now? If those stats are worth anything wthen we should probably look at poaching Mark McGough in trade week, he was a champion at TAC cup clearances.

If that draft (04) were to take place today I think that Franklin and Lids would be neck and neck for first pick, then Griffen, Lewis and Cam Wood rounding out the top 5. I reckon Tambling would still make the top ten and probably Roughead as well. The fact is Franklin and Wood's value have risen pretty dramatically while Tambling's has slipped, this doesn't mean he won't be able to make up the gap but we should all stop pretending that he is a dead certainty to become an elite midfielder.

Tambling Man said:
If that draft (04) were to take place today I think that Franklin and Lids would be neck and neck for first pick,

Deleted
Absolutely absurd statement if ever I've heard one.

If it were done again I reckon it'd look like this
Lids
Franklin
Griffen
Tambling
Wood
Roughead

geoffryprettyboy said:
Would getting a haircut guarantee him a job in stockbroking, because he doesn't have a future at Punt Road.
I think Cam Howat has ability & will make it.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tambling Man said:
If that draft (04) were to take place today I think that Franklin and Lids would be neck and neck for first pick,

Deleted
Absolutely absurd statement if ever I've heard one.

I'm just trying to have an objective look at their respective talents, there is no doubt that Deledio is a better player and will continue to be for many years, but a bloke like Franklin is worth a fortune in marketing and is the cream on an already good or developing team that has a decent midfield.

I'm just guessing but the clubs that would prefer Franklin over Deledio would be West Coast (got a gun midfield and Subiaco), Carlton (Gibbs, Murphy makes Lids a luxury), Adelaide-how could clubs man up on Burton and Franklin, Brisbane (midfield looks ok but help for Brown would be good), Bulldogs (Franchi$e player) and possibly Collingwood who need Deledio more but would be able to capitalise on Franklin's excitement factor.

I reckon there would be half a dozen clubs that would take Franklin over Lids, not because he is a better player but because he offers something a bit different and his marketing potential. Lids offers a safer bet, more productivity and the bonus quality of leadership so most clubs would rightfully take him, but I have no doubt some would go for Franklin.

Tambling Man said:
I'm just guessing but the clubs that would prefer Franklin over Deledio would be West Coast (got a gun midfield and Subiaco), Carlton (Gibbs, Murphy makes Lids a luxury), Adelaide-how could clubs man up on Burton and Franklin, Brisbane (midfield looks ok but help for Brown would be good), Bulldogs (Franchi$e player) and possibly Collingwood who need Deledio more but would be able to capitalise on Franklin's excitement factor.

So your just guessing some clubs will overlook the absolute cream of a draft and would opt for necessity rather than selecting pure brilliance.

Haven't you learnt from the 2001 draft ?

If my club finished last and had first pick in the 2007 draft and another cloned Deledio was available, you know who I would choose. ;)

geoffryprettyboy :
Haven't you learnt from the 2001 draft ?

The Stafford trade was a mistake but hardly relevent as to whether you should pick on "type" or on "best available". All that proved is that you should never trade away your first round pick unless you are getting a young player with talent.

I think it depends on which club I was recruiting for as to who I would pick. If we had 1st pick last year I would have preferred Hansen or Gumbleton to Gibbs, which isn't to say that Carlton have done the wrong thing. But if we didn't have Lids then Gibbs would be a standout.

The best player for a team might not be the best player in the draft, I suppose it is safe to always pick the "best available", but then you run the risk of ending up with no quality KPP's or Ruckman who take an age to develop.

mb64 said:
I think Cam Howat has ability & will make it.
First things first mb.you have to get Jacko and Harts over the line before Howat's considered.

evo said:
First things first mb.you have to get Jacko and Harts over the line before Howat's considered.
Evo,l'm just about ready to concede on Jacko & Harts.