Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

mb64 said:
Evo,l'm just about ready to concede on Jacko & Harts.
To be fair to them they probably should get at least more game in the seniors before we bid the a final goodbye.

Maybe this week?

Seems as good a time as any.

evo said:
To be fair to them they probably should get at least more game in the seniors before we bid the a final goodbye.

Maybe this week?

Seems as good a time as any.
Might as well

Tambling Man said:
................. you should never trade away your first round pick unless you are getting a young player with talent.

So then what is your opinion on Richmond trading 8 & 42 and receiving Polak & Pick 13?

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tambling Man said:
................. you should never trade away your first round pick unless you are getting a young player with talent.

So then what is your opinion on Richmond trading 8 & 42 and receiving Polak & Pick 13?

Im sure it was 8 & 42 for Graham Polak & Jack Riewoldt & Carl Peterson.

That trade is the best trade Richmond have ever made and hopefully a sign of things to come!

Graham Polak (CHB/CHF)
Jack Riwoldt (CHF/CHB)
Carl Peterson (Utility)

Will all be important cogs for us. The unknown in Peterson has some huge wraps and I think he'll be a talent. We won that trade no doubt.

We cannot say we've won that trade yet. None of the players have proved anything yet. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early.

The_General said:
We cannot say we've won that trade yet. None of the players have proved anything yet. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early.

Your right...

Just trying to get some positivity into the place General :hihi

Skills said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
There's also the Ben Reid factor.

Will be very interested to see how this kid performs early. Picked up by the Pies?

Correct.

Will be interesting following his career to that of Riewoldts.

With our Pick 8 by the Pies Skills.

Most opinions had Riewoldt well ahead of him and also ahead of Frawley, Everitt and Brown too. Sellar was rated higher than all of them too and slipped to 14 which I'd say pleased the Crows no end.

I quite liked Ben Reid at the champs but thought he went a little early.More a utility than any sort of KPP.

Reasonably confident at this stage Reiwoldt was a better choice.

Did anyone see Mitch Brown in the WAFL game last night on ABC2.Looks pretty damn promising,really suprised me how quickly he's coming on.

evo said:
Did anyone see Mitch Brown in the WAFL game last night on ABC2.Looks pretty damn promising,really suprised me how quickly he's coming on.

The rapts on Ben are bigger evo...or is that not the case?

It'll be safe to sit back and say we have done well with Polak & Reiwoldt, the only set back in their career will be if we lose Wallace and another Forrest Gump arrives to coach.

Chill out.

Don't really know who's rated higher at this stage,skills.I guess ben reid is seeing he was taking earlier in the draft.

Just posted about Mitch Brown as an afterthought after seeing him last night.Really taking to senior footy quickly.

Our very own former Burger Young played in the game too.And Luke Weller.Pretty interesting game.Was just wondering if anyone else saw it.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tambling Man said:

Initially I was horrified, but 42 is a stab in the dark. The downgraded pick 8 still gives us a very servicable player and Polack is young. I'm pretty happy with it now that Polack has shown that he does belong at AFL level. We effectively got two KPP's for the price of one.

Tambling Man said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
Tambling Man said:

Initially I was horrified, but 42 is a stab in the dark. The downgraded pick 8 still gives us a very servicable player and Polack is young. I'm pretty happy with it now that Polack has shown that he does belong at AFL level. We effectively got two KPP's for the price of one.

42 was not a stab in the dark it was a deep draft and their was still quality available

the only concern on polak will be if he can take the next step or if he will just be a mediocre kp utility

we'll wait and see

evo said:
I quite liked Ben Reid at the champs but thought he went a little early.More a utility than any sort of KPP.

Didn't see it but he played very well in rounds 1 and 2 for the senior side and was very unlucky to be dropped. With Brown and Hurn added to an already young list WC will be good for quite some time.

jb03 said:
evo said:

Didn't see it but he played very well in rounds 1 and 2 for the senior side and was very unlucky to be dropped. With Brown and Hurn added to an already young list WC will be good for quite some time.

Hurn is the one I am spewing about.

Tough in and under robust midfielder with penetration in his kicks and a big body.....oh boy.... :-[

Tigerbob said:
jb03 said:
evo said:

Hurn is the one I am spewing about.

Tough in and under robust midfielder with penetration in his kicks and a big body.....oh boy.... :-[

me too, dude.