Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: DELEDIO & TAMBLING

TheBigDog said:
Can't believe the Stupid Hawks took Roughhead to fill a gap in their list, instead of taking Tambling. Everyone picked RT as No 2 pick behind Deladio. Bad luck Hawkers, GO THE TIGERS!!
To get both of these guys was a longshot!

Before yesturday what were the Chances of getting both of these players. The idea Hawthorn in the draft is to get the best players available lol good to see you went the other way with Roughead

Re: DELEDIO & TAMBLING

Brilliant! To get the two best players in the draft is outstanding. This is the first time I can remember being excited about our draft picks.
Another big step forward. ;)

Re: Tambling must pick 1

Considering Richie had an indifferant debut season for whatever reason I think it's good he didn't carry the stigma of #1 pick. Not much difference in 1 and 4 yet fans seem to expect a lot more. Lids was definitely the right choice for top pick judging by last season.
Plenty more seasons ahead of both of them yet. Here's hoping Richie has a better run with injury this year.

I think there was another of our " expert " junior recrutiers who said somebody else should go before Lids :scold

Tambling looks a much more confident and fitter person compared to last year.  It is obvious that he has filled out around the shoulders & thighs, and when you compare him to Krakouer, he makes Krakouer look like a little kid.  Sorry, just stating the obvious!

In terms of being consitently good with patches off brilliance, Deliedio will be the Player we have wanted for years.

In terms of match winning ability and being able to kick quick goals in a row, and making something out nothing Tambling will be the player we have been looking for years.  

To put simply Lids will get you to the granny, Tambling will win it.

CC TIGER said:
I think there was another of our " expert " junior recrutiers who said somebody else should go before Lids :scold

I still would have 1. Tambling 2. Lids 3.Griffen.

We are yet to see Tambling string games together. He will tear sides to shreds.

I dont think you could go wrong with any of the 3 but LIds is without doubt the best young talent Ive seen IMHO

Everyone is entitled to their opinion here, Nut. :rotfl

Deliedio had a great uninterupted start to his career. Rising Star and a heap of other awards. Tambling's year was riddled with injury, but when he was fit showed me no reason why I should rate him lower than I originally did.
It's easy to say that Deliedio is better than Tambling based on last season, but it's early days.

Tambling will be 'Special' just as Bruce make's his return.

CC TIGER said:
I dont think you could go wrong with any of the 3 but LIds is without doubt the best young talent Ive seen IMHO

Same. It's just that we haven't seen Tambling at his best yet, this year injury free ( touch wood) we will.

nut said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion here, Nut. :rotfl

Deliedio had a great uninterupted start to his career. Rising Star and a heap of other awards. Tambling's year was riddled with injury, but when he was fit showed me no reason why I should rate him lower than I originally did.
It's easy to say that Deliedio is better than Tambling based on last season, but it's early days.

You've made a valid point regarding Tambling's & Deliedio's season there Nut, and they will both inject venom into the opposition sides in years to come. But there is a difference in both of these guys.

I can give a comparison of two players from the past, Geoffrey 'Pretty Boy' Raines & Maurice 'Mr Magic' Rioli. Both of these players where bloody sensational when they played for the Tigers, Geoffry had that long torpoedo racking kick to Roach, would swoop down and pick up the ball in full flight and had a beautiful hairstyle that I modelled myself to :hihi, whereas Rioli was just sheer class, like a RollsRoyce, sheer class and elegance in his dodge & weave, in his baulking and blindturns, and would make the ball dissapear with quick handbals to a team mate.

The comparison is to give you an understanding of two good players, but two totally different players.

I hope that makes sense.

nut said:
I still would have 1. Tambling 2. Lids 3.Griffen.

We are yet to see Tambling string games together. He will tear sides to shreds.
Given what we've seen of Lids so far, I actually hope you're right, because by my early calculations, that will make Bling one of the best ever :).

rosy23 said:
Considering Richie had an indifferant debut season for whatever reason I think it's good he didn't carry the stigma of #1 pick.
True enough Rosy.

I'm confident that Tambling the player I think he will be.

Excellant kick.
Good in the air.
Lightning around packs.
Pace on a lead.
40 goals a season

Sorry Nutbags but i believe in 15yrs time we will look back and rate our 1st 3 picks this way.
Deledio
Meyer
Tambling

I like Bling, but Lids is one of the best young players I have ever seen and he's all class on the field and off it. If we hadn't taken him with no 1, the Hawks would have snapped him up at #2 and that would have been nightmarish. I think, given a good run with injury, Tambling will come on well and I can't wait to see him and Lids combine more often.

nut said:
I'm confident that Tambling the player I think he will be.

Excellant kick.
Good in the air.
Lightning around packs.
Pace on a lead.
40 goals a season

Deledio and Blingas...add oakleys and co and i'm left drooling on my keyboard.

You tell 'em Nut!. What a gun Richie will be. Speed, Goal sense, good kick, evasion skills and an excellent reader of the play. These are all the things I heard and saw before he joined the Tiges. Don't get me wrong I'm a big Deledio fan and I was happy with him at no. 1, but getting Richie at 4 was speeeeeecial!!

BTW went to the footy (NTFL) today for the double header. Glad I did! Great second game. Tip: watch out for a kid named Jayden Kickett - looked pretty good.

Djevv said:
You tell 'em Nut!. What a gun Richie will be. Speed, Goal sense, good kick, evasion skills and an excellent reader of the play. These are all the things I heard and saw before he joined the Tiges. Don't get me wrong I'm a big Deledio fan and I was happy with him at no. 1, but getting Richie at 4 was speeeeeecial!!

BTW went to the footy (NTFL) today for the double header. Glad I did! Great second game. Tip: watch out for a kid named Jayden Kickett - looked pretty good.

How's the Storms?
First time I saw Tambling was against the Doggies. He was playing for the NT side and kicked three goals. Made the motlop's look second rate, Cooney and Farren ray (what ever his namesis) also played in that game and little or no effect on the game. Remember thinking that I would love him at Richmond but we would never get a player of his ability, little did I know we would get pick 1 and He had pick 1 written all over him. I laughed when we got him at 4. Biggest bargain ever.
It's funny reading about how he will only be a HFF and wasn't even worth pick 4 blah blah blah, these people will look pretty stupid soon.

He is a natural football player who has now played against men for over three years. His only down fall is his Injuries, so hopefully he have some luck and be injury free.

It's true though if we had of taken Tambling at 1 than we would have missed out on Deliedio.
So I couldn't be happier.