Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling must pick 1

nut said:
Djevv said:
You tell 'em Nut!. What a gun Richie will be. Speed, Goal sense, good kick, evasion skills and an excellent reader of the play. These are all the things I heard and saw before he joined the Tiges. Don't get me wrong I'm a big Deledio fan and I was happy with him at no. 1, but getting Richie at 4 was speeeeeecial!!

BTW went to the footy (NTFL) today for the double header. Glad I did! Great second game. Tip: watch out for a kid named Jayden Kickett - looked pretty good.

How's the Storms?
First time I saw Tambling was against the Doggies. He was playing for the NT side and kicked three goals. Made the motlop's look second rate, Cooney and Farren ray (what ever his namesis) also played in that game and little or no effect on the game. Remember thinking that I would love him at Richmond but we would never get a player of his ability, little did I know we would get pick 1 and He had pick 1 written all over him. I laughed when we got him at 4. Biggest bargain ever.
It's funny reading about how he will only be a HFF and wasn't even worth pick 4 blah blah blah, these people will look pretty stupid soon.

He is a natural football player who has now played against men for over three years. His only down fall is his Injuries, so hopefully he have some luck and be injury free.

It's true though if we had of taken Tambling at 1 than we would have missed out on Deliedio.
So I couldn't be happier.

The monsoon has arrived!! But generally a pretty dry afternoon. Stormy this morning.

I saw the same match and thought pretty much the same thing. If only we could get this guy to Richmond!

I reckon he made virtually every other player on the ground look second rate with the exception of Scotty West.

I remember one particular thing he did which made me laugh given all the wraps on Cooney. Running down the far side wing he side stepped and blew off Cooney like he wasn't even there. The look on Cooneys face was quite comical:  :eek: where'd he go  ???.

I thought, well, if this guy's the no.1 draft pick, how good is Tambling?

A fit Tambling with the confidence will turn a lot of heads this year! Also like you I think he is a wingman/ rover rather than just a HFF.

I heard they called him King Richard in the NT before he became a Tiger. That's how good he is. CTT is right. His injuries have been his only drawback and if he has some luck with those he will be one helluva player to watch.

in hindsight i would have taken franklin with pick 4 the only thing that stopped me from wanting him at that pick was his percieved poor attitude but with 5 top 20 picks the risk was worth taking.if the draft had panned out as everyone expected roughhead was a shoein at 4.

the claw said:
in hindsight i would have taken franklin with pick 4 the only thing that stopped me from wanting him at that pick was his percieved poor attitude but with 5 top 20 picks the risk was worth taking.if the draft had panned out as everyone expected roughhead was a shoein at 4.

Why on earth would you take Frankilin over Tambling? Franklin is not even a KPP!!

Hope you enjoyed in djevv. Did buffs beat nightcliff? I'm off this arvo to watch the mighty tahs (my cricket playing / foooty watching club!) battle it out against wanderers. Just started bucketing again tho so I'm glad for the stands at Gardens Oval. Who am I kidding - I'll be in the bar!)

Reports were huge on Richie up here pre and post draft time. I know a bloke who coached him at Sthn Districts and he raves about him. Says he is clearly the best player he's ever coached including Jaryd Brennan who went to Bris and has displayed some freaky talent. I just loved watching him in the Indig All-Stars team, he looked fantastic and so influential for a kid who hadn't played an AFL game or even done an AFL pre-season really. If the injury gods are kind to him this year, he may just be one who provides a substantial improvement for us.

Good luck Richie!

hey territorians, there used be a young lad who played basketball for taminmin high. this was around '92-'93. Bruce Jarmyn was his name and he was absolutely amazing in everything be it Basketball, Footy or League.

The Spry brothers were amazing too.

Is Bruce playing footy these days?

I remember thinking of him when i first saw on Tambling.

hopper said:
Hope you enjoyed in djevv.  Did buffs beat nightcliff?  I'm off this arvo to watch the mighty tahs (my cricket playing / foooty watching club!) battle it out against wanderers.  Just started bucketing again tho so I'm glad for the stands at Gardens Oval.  Who am I kidding - I'll be in the bar!)

Reports were huge on Richie up here pre and post draft time.  I know a bloke who coached him at Sthn Districts and he raves about him.  Says he is clearly the best player he's ever coached including Jaryd Brennan who went to Bris and has displayed some freaky talent.  I just loved watching him in the Indig All-Stars team, he looked fantastic and so influential for a kid who hadn't played an AFL game or even done an AFL pre-season really.  If the injury gods are kind to him this year, he may just be one who provides a substantial improvement for us.

Good luck Richie!

Great game of footy, one of the best NTFL games I've seen! Nightcliff would have won but for the rain. The wet meant the Buffs go in hard attitude started eclipsing Nightcliff's silky skills. The silky skills became appalling turnovers! They couldn't pick up the ball! The buffs ground the ball down to their end and got up by 7 pts. My team, the Palmerston Pies were so bad it was embarassing. Hard to believe they were premiers only 3 years ago! Hope your game is as good.

As for Richie I'm really looking forward to this year. He will be a much more composed and confident player on the field.

blx said:
hey territorians, there used be a young lad who played basketball for taminmin high. this was around '92-'93. Bruce Jarmyn was his name and he was absolutely amazing in everything be it Basketball, Footy or League.

The Spry brothers were amazing too.

Is Bruce playing footy these days?

I remember thinking of him when i first saw on Tambling.

A very familiar sounding name, but I can't find him on any team lists from yesterday. Lots of people come and go up here. If I see or hear anything more I will post.

I always practice one theory in regards to Aboriginal footballers. They are either very good or the total opposite. There are never any 'like-warm' Aboriginal footballers. If there are, then we are making room for inconsistent players. Sure, every player has an off day from time to time, but in the final analysis, "class always prevails". McCleod, O'Laughlin, Wanganeen have resumes that put them in the top bracket - They were all sensational players who made significant impacts immediately. Dont let anybody fool you that you can give an Aboriginal player 3-4 years to develop into AFL - That's nonsense.

Bling needs to show something in 2006 - No excuses.

Skills said:
I always practice one theory in regards to Aboriginal footballers. They are either very good or the total opposite. There are never any 'like-warm' Aboriginal footballers. If there are, then we are making room for inconsistent players.
Can't say I agree with that Skills. It's a sweeping statement if ever I saw it.

Tigers of Old said:
Skills said:
I always practice one theory in regards to Aboriginal footballers. They are either very good or the total opposite. There are never any 'like-warm' Aboriginal footballers. If there are, then we are making room for inconsistent players.

It's tricky work generalizing. For every generalization you can usually find an exception. Does the name Scotty Chisholm do luke warm for you. I think the biggest challenge for our indigenous friends is the culture/social and weather change. If they are driven to succeed and have good mentors to assist socially, the sky's the limit.

As the Proud Prez for Blinger in 2006, keep your eye on the prize. There is no comparison between Blinger and Lids - both are unique and both will bring such much wanted excitement in 2006 - Lids just did it all a bit earlier that's all!

If James Hird can be selected around 70, it doesn't matter what the draft pick number was - it's what a club does with the potential that counts the most!

Djevv said:
the claw said:

Why on earth would you take Frankilin over Tambling? Franklin is not even a KPP!!
i really would like to hear your reasons why franklin wont make an exceptional kpp.as far as i can see he could turn out to be anything even the best pick of the 04 draft.it really does amaze me when people come out with ridiculous statements like the above just because we didnt draft him.

Djevv said:
the claw said:

On Franklin's 2005 form I'd reckon the Hawks would be pretty happy they took Franklin ahead of Tambling.

mb64 said:
Djevv said:
the claw said:

On Franklin's 2005 form I'd reckon the Hawks would be pretty happy they took Franklin ahead of Tambling.

On Franklin's 2005 form as a tiges supporter i'm a little jealous they took Franklin after Tambling.

LidsandBling said:
mb64 said:
Djevv said:
the claw said:

On Franklin's 2005 form as a tiges supporter i'm a little jealous they took Franklin after Tambling.
Sorry,I forgot the Hawks took Roughhead before Tambling.

Tigers of Old said:
Skills said:

You're not going to start telling me Andrew Krakouer is "luke warm" are you?

Skills said:
Tigers of Old said:
Skills said:
You're  not going to start telling me Andrew Krakouer is "luke warm" are you?
Hehe :hihi. You've got me there Silky Skills, not really sure how to answer that one ;).

Tigers of Old said:
Skills said:
Tigers of Old said:
Skills said:
You're  not going to start telling me Andrew Krakouer is "luke warm" are you?
Hehe :hihi. You've got me there Silky Skills, not really sure how to answer that one ;).

Good to see light hearted humour at this early hour. ;)

the claw said:
Djevv said:
the claw said:

i really would like to hear your reasons why franklin wont make an exceptional kpp.as far as i can see he could turn out to be anything even the best pick of the 04 draft.it really does amaze me when people come out with ridiculous statements like the above just because we didnt draft him.

Most people have said that Buddy is a despised 'third tall'. He isn't a particularly good mark, but is reasonably quick and mobile. Roughhead is clearly KPP material. Buddy will make a KPP fill in of the same type as Hall (albeit classier). We already have plenty (from your own mouth Claw) of third talls.

In fact if you compare Franklins and Tamblings 2005 stats, Franklin's are only marginally better on a per game basis. Hardly star quality, which is what came out of the rising star award. Buddy got very few (if any ) votes from the judges. We got and require Tambling on the basis of our midfield being in a poor state. Lacking in speed and class of which Tambling has shown both.

I agree Tambling did not show us lots of what he could do last season. If you ask me the jury is out on both players.

Also, personally I dont like Franklin, and wouldn't want him at RFC. Every time I see him play the word 'ponce' comes into my head. I don't think he has the heart to fulfill his potential. His poor attitude and arrogance is written all over his face.

mb64 said:
LidsandBling said:
mb64 said:
Djevv said:
the claw said:

Sorry,I forgot the Hawks took Roughhead before Tambling.

i wasn't really pulling you up on that, i just think franklin is looking the better player at this point in their young careers