Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

Patience is exactly the word. Tambling will be OK.

All this talk about Franklin is starting to annoy and is incorrect.

Does anyone actually think that if we had FRanklin we would be 4-0. He would not have made a difference. He is doing OK at Hawthorn because they can deliver the ball to him.

Why don't we focus on Pettifer?. Last year was his only good season. This year he has struggled.

From this point on I honestly beleive there is more upside with Tambling.

Franklin is a selfish player , I have only ever seen him take one over head mark. He isn't Pavlich and he isn't Johnathan Brown.

Also, I hope Cam Howat is back this week.

Tigerbob said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
Cam Howat is not the future.

If he gets promoted at the end of this season i'll throw up.

Not sure if projectile vomiting is an appropriate response but I thank the stars that the shrill keening by all the posters regarding Cam's failure to have already been promoted has at last fallen away. The guy improved last year but if he can't keep improving this year he won't have demonstrated that he is AFL class.

Brettstigers said:
Tigerbob said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
Cam Howat is not the future.

If he gets promoted at the end of this season i'll throw up.

Not sure if projectile vomiting is an appropriate response but I thank the stars that the shrill keening by all the posters regarding Cam's failure to have already been promoted has at last fallen away. The guy improved last year but if he can't keep improving this year he won't have demonstrated that he is AFL class.

I'm already feeling sick Bretty from Richmonds performance - I think a bad off season and bad decisions like promoting Cam would send me over the edge and I think throwing up will occur!

He'll get to Andrew Krakouer level. That's about it IMO.

Just doesn't have the nous, smarts, awareness etc, call it what you like, to be (a) a high stat gatherer and (b) a game breaker. Just makes simple judgement errors too often.

If you were satisfied with Michael Mitchell, and are satisfied with Krakouer then you'll be satisfied with Tambling.

We need better than Tambling as a core onballer. He can be a depth player in a good list.

Harry said:

Just doesn't have the nous, smarts, awareness etc, call it what you like, to be (a) a high stat gatherer and (b) a game breaker. Just makes simple judgement errors too often.

If you were satisfied with Michael Mitchell, and are satisfied with Krakouer then you'll be satisfied with Tambling.

We need better than Tambling as a core onballer. He can be a depth player in a good list.
Reasonable analysis but I would hope & believe Tambling will exceed the Krak level.

mb64 said:
Harry said:

Reasonable analysis but I would hope & believe Tambling will exceed the Krak level.
His leg speed alone makes him significantly more valuable than Krak. He will use it at some point.

giallo e nero said:
mb64 said:
Harry said:

His leg speed alone makes him significantly more valuable than Krak. He will use it at some point.

But his ball handling, vision and awareness is significantly less, therefore will be on par with Krakouer in terms of output.

Harry said:

Garbage.
The game against the Pies showed he is far more capable than anything Krakouer has delivered.

Tigers of Old said:
The game against the Pies showed he is far more capable than anything Krakouer has delivered.

Totally agree. Bling is faster, has a bigger motor and has shown more around the ground than Krakouer ever has.

Harry said:
giallo e nero said:
mb64 said:
Harry said:

But his ball handling, vision and awareness is significantly less, therefore will be on par with Krakouer in terms of output.
Thats fair enough, hopefully these areas will improve; Krak's leg speed sure won't.

mb64 said:
Harry said:

Reasonable analysis my ar?se!! Does anybody here have a memory or are we dealing with a bunch of goldfish? If any of you have spent any time following the bulldogs you will remember how much criticism Cooney got early on in his career. He is what, one year ahead of Tambling? And he looked like a tank on Friday night.

Coughlan is another closer example, did nothing in his first couple of years and then gradually became the sort of player who could get the ball 30 times a game.

You write off richie at your peril, I for one will remember all of your names and come back to haunt you with this thread in a couple of years.

All he needs is a bit more time playing in his best position, on the wing, and he could become a potential match winner. Just watch on replay his first half against Collingwood, where he played as the link man between the backline and that critical kick to position in the forward 50. Time and time again he made the right decision and execution and hit a bloke on the lead for a goal!!!

King of the Jungle said:
Tambling will be an elite midfielder no question just need to keep playing him has pace & creativity.

On Friday night he kept running into trouble and then handpassing to a guy that was 1.7 metres away. Showed zero vision....

I've got a copy of the game. Care to name a few times he did it and I'll check for you?