Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling's Tackles

the fact that Tambling heading of our tackle count has no reflection how how lazy he or isnt is but more evidence of how bad we our travelling as a club ATM

But we don't want our good players tackling, we want them getting the ball. That's right isn't it?

Jukes Extended said:
I think he slowed up in the second half because collingwood put the clamps on him.....fitness not issue i think.

Did Malthouse drag him and then tell him to play in the forward pocket?

geoffryprettyboy said:
so Krak isn't a good player?

Going on Rock's logic, I'm not sure if Judd's a good player. I think he makes too many tackles.

thats my point , laying tackles means your chasing opposition players all night because you cant get your own hands on the ball , laying the most tackles is a irrelevant statistic in my view , its just as a important statistic to whow has sat his ass on the pine the longest .
i prefer being the hunted than the hunter in this instance

Rockster said:
thats my point , laying tackles means your chasing opposition players all night because you cant get your own hands on the ball , laying the most tackles is a irrelevant statistic in my view , its just as a important statistic to whow has sat his ass on the pine the longest .
i prefer being the hunted than the hunter in this instance

The racking up of possession stats is often junk in the modern game but tackles actually mean do something.

Tigers of Old said:
Disco08 said:
Going on Rock's logic, I'm not sure if Judd's a good player. I think he makes too many tackles.

Your gun's smokin' as much as your avatar Discoballs.

If Tambling doesn't shake his bum tomorrow night take a guess what else will be smoking.

k h p m ho t ff fa g b
Richard Tambling, 26 12 38 14 1 14 1 2 3 1

Thats in the 3 games, dont know how you would rate that.

now that RT seems to have mastered his tackling and is head of the tree in that area , maybe now he can master the art of perfect disposal , that will be a stat worth waiting for .

Rockster said:
now that RT seems to have mastered his tackling and is head of the tree in that area , maybe now he can master the art of perfect disposal , that will be a stat worth waiting for .

Weren't impressed with his 1st half last week Rocky Balboa?

Sure one half does not a season make but he was involved in almost every forward thrust we had in the first half and our forwards were loving his disposal.

He looked like a flash in the pan when I first saw him, but he brakes the lines, tackles, does the team things, I just hope we dont jinks him because he is coming along nicely.

nothing impresses me when we are yet to open our account for the season and let a 4 goal lead slip against those black and white maggots .

Cutting all the *smile* boys, being from the same team, you have to say that Tambling will only be put in lights when he becomes a master in the midfield, as well as good tackler.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Cutting all the *smile* boys, being from the same team, you have to say that Tambling will only be put in lights when he becomes a master in the midfield, as well as good tackler.

Tough call. We haven't had a master in the midfield for 25 years. :(

geoffryprettyboy said:

Spot on gpb. We don't need him anywhere else.