Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: I thought Ritchie Tambling was ok. [Merged]

Hammered Tambling in previous posts and said he needed to bust a gut even if he then needed to go off. Well he had a good quarter and finally really found the footy. Obviously doesn't have the endurance but certainly the best game I have seen him play.

Good on him and even if it is only one quarter a game that he has a real impact this year then that is enough, this year... He is young and they can work on his endurance. Has to make that effort each game though otherwise he will never improve..

Great game from the kid. He did his job well. It was the midfiled that didn't............

Finally had some urgency in his game. That second quarter where he decided to get on his bike and run, he was chopping them up. Cant understand why he spent so much time on the bench after that, could have been his 'breakout' game.

Good point Dragga!

I don't understand why Richmond has so many midfield rotations. Our midfield changed at every centre ball up?

Burns and o'Bree were in the middle for most of the night. It's time for Terry to play Tambling Deledio and Foley in the middle for extended amounts of time. Johnson, Tuck and Krakouer wont get us anywhere.

The best way to improve our midfield right now is to put Bowden in the middle.
We recruited Polack to play on the likes of Rocca.
If JB could have had 25-30 possies through the centre this would have gone a long way to solving our midfield woes.

bling showed why he was pick 4 last night

agree with dyere that he really could become an outstanding player. Looked a class above them all in the 1st half.

19 touches, 9 marks and 9 tackles in essentially 3 quarters, some of it tucked away in a forwad pocket. Not bad. Also, about fifteen minutes into the last quarter I noticed him run from the forward pocket to deep in defense where he and Krakouer combined to turn the ball over after which he got a nice handball away which led to the ball going back up the ground where I think Schulz marked (and missed). Looks like he might have been reading this thread lately. ;)

The nine tackles is the key stat. He is getting where the ball is at and using his speed to put on defensive pressure It was always going to come. He needs to get comfortabel with the pace of the game and become confident in what he is doing out there - will only get better - needs a blinder and then watch out!!

PS like the way he and Lids are starting to wax - obviously undertsand they cant rely on the older blokes

SCOOP said:
Dominate first half. Best I have seen by the young fella.

Very good on the lead and strong hands. Kicking can be a worry but very happy overall. May as well paly him in the 1's all year. Well get much better then that by the end of the year. Still think like I said early in the week that his break out game is fast approaching. We saw a glimpse of it tonight.

Absolutely burned in the first half. Great stuff.
He was involved in nearly every piece of play when they ran the Richmond highlights at half time.
Sure he was quiet in the second half but he had plenty of mates.

Extremely encouraging performance and showed what may be. 8)

The fact taht he started the third quarter on the pine astounds me.

Nine tackles, just a great effort.

Watching the Bulldogs game I would be more worried about Farren Ray at 4 then Bling.

He played 80% of the game, not enough IMO. Sure he does need a rest but he was in the FP for times aswell.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tambling had a very serviceable first half indeed, started off good in the 3rd, but after that our coach destroyed his presence by plonking him in the backline.
He still appeared to run out of gas.

Tambling played a very good game and most papers seem to have labelled him our best. I'd suggest he's exempt from criticism this week. Plenty of others who deserve some sort of scorn - Tuck, Raines, Pettifer, J.Bowden, Howat, Johnson spring to mind.

mb64 said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
Tambling had a very serviceable first half indeed, started off good in the 3rd, but after that our coach destroyed his presence by plonking him in the backline.
He still appeared to run out of gas.

If you have a copy of the game, have a look at his effort with about 10 minutes to go in the last quarter.

hopper said:
Tambling played a very good game and most papers seem to have labelled him our best. I'd suggest he's exempt from criticism this week. Plenty of others who deserve some sort of scorn - Tuck, Raines, Pettifer, J.Bowden, Howat, Johnson spring to mind.

My word he did :clap

Rosy could you set up a Hawk section for all our Hawthorn friends simillar to Dyer-Tribe with Bling having a good game an the possability of Buddy boy havin a quiet one they will have no where to post ;D,It could be called Hangin with Hawkers,Best Potential Club,Dermies-deciples, you know something like that ,Im just a little worried about our beloved Hawkers :-*

No doubt this will bite me in the arse ;D

Tambling took a big, big step last night. He was electrifying in the first half and stood against the tide in the last quarter.

Still only a kid but a very promising game from the new, inproved Richie.

CC TIGER said:
Rosy could you set up a Hawk section for all our Hawthorn friends simillar to Dyer-Tribe with Bling having a good game an the possability of Buddy boy havin a quiet one they will have no where to post ;D,It could be called Hangin with Hawkers,Best Potential Club,Dermies-deciples, you know something like that ,Im just a little worried about our beloved Hawkers :-*

No doubt this will bite me in the arse ;D

Buddy had a quiet one last week ( 1 goal, 1 tackle and 1 contested mark) hope he follows up with another one only for our good Dawks friends...Not!

I cant believe i was reading positive things about Ritchie on bigfooty, he must have been good.

checkside said:
I cant believe i was reading positive things about Ritchie on bigfooty, he must have been good.

Yes he was CS, man he can take a good over head mark like he has glue on his fingers.