Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling's Tackles

I won't say anything about lazy, but he's certainly not soft from what I've seen. Let's look after a few more games and see how he's going then though because his tally of 9 last week will be bloating his average somewhat at this stage.

You mean Krak's not our best tackler?

Tambling is shaking the 'soft' tag coined by some here pretty quickly in his third season.
Has put his body on the line on several occasions so far this year as well.
Obviously he's getting used to the impact of AFL and the extra size he pout on in the off season seems to be paying dividends for him.
Best is yet to come.. 8)

I am surprised that he tops the tackle count. He certainly attempts many tackles but they always seem to be broken. Probably needs more time to develop upper body strength.

That stat doesn't surprise me, he could of been way in front, has plenty of room for improvement in this area.

geoffryprettyboy said:
That stat doesn't surprise me, he could of been way in front, has plenty of room for improvement in this area.

How on earth can you pluck a negative out of such a positive GPB? :p

There's plenty of other much easier targets than Bling when it comes to this issue.

Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

There's plenty of other much easier targets than Bling when it comes to this issue.

You're looking at it with both eyes ToO, just close the left and look at it with the right eye.

It might sound negative to the untrained :hihi, what I'm saying is he would of been way out in front in the tackle count if moved his bum a bit more in Round 1. He would of learned heaps from Carrazzo that evening.

He's certainly not soft.

I think he does do enough for his level of talent when he doesn't have the ball, ie get to enough contests, but that started to change last week. Let's see if he can keep it improving.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

You're looking at it with both eyes ToO, just close the left and look at it with the right eye.

It might sound negative to the untrained :hihi, what I'm saying is he would of been way out in front in the tackle count if moved his bum a bit more in Round 1. He would of learned heaps from Carrazzo that evening.

Again he had a few mates that night. ;)

If I remember correctly Mr Boy ;D you and your offsider skills, were more than happy a short time ago to question young Ritchie's ticker.
You must at least be impressed with the young man's efforts in that area so far this year.. 8)

Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

If I remember correctly Mr Boy ;D you and your offsider skills, were more than happy a short time ago to question young Ritchie's ticker.
You must at least be impressed with the young man's efforts in that area so far this year.. 8)

ToO, when you get smooth with me you know how you make me feel, we'll leave that thought on the beach.

Tambling has played one half of very good footy last Friday night, until they all switched off their brains, and Tambling's Robert Wiley special against the Swans, he really hasn't made me eat my words just eat, which I'm more than proud to eat when he becomes a McLoed. ;D

gpb, d'you think it was fitness or an act of god that saw him plonked on the pine and in the pocket for the second half last week?

Disco08 said:
gpb, d'you think it was fitness or an act of god that saw him plonked on the pine and in the pocket for the second half last week?

From what TW said, our fitness isn't a worry Disco, personally I don't think fitness was the issue with him or a act of god.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

ToO, when you get smooth with me you know how you make me feel, we'll leave that thought on the beach.

Tambling has played one half of very good footy last Friday night, until they all switched off their brains, and Tambling's Robert Wiley special against the Swans, he really hasn't made me eat my words just eat, which I'm more than proud to eat when he becomes a McLoed. ;D

Would you like salt with them words? ;D

Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

If you want to be real negative TigersOfOld....you could say that it'd be a better stat if Bling was the one with the ball getting possessions, instead of us chasing and tackling opposition players with the ball.... :hihi

Liverpool said:
Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

If you want to be real negative TigersOfOld....you could say that it'd be a better stat if Bling was the one with the ball getting possessions, instead of us chasing and tackling opposition players with the ball.... :hihi

I think I've read that arguement around here before..
Now what ever happened to that thread? ;)

Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

Would you like salt with them words? ;D

If & when the time comes, I'll use a knife and fork. ;)

hey here is a little poem for you all
i would be more happier if RT laid the least tackles at our club ,
and insted was the most tackled little cub
because that meant he actuallly kept getting the ball
and made the opposition chase HIM after all

Terrible logic. How about he gets the ball and makes a few tackles.