Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

All the very best Richie - you were very kind to my son at a family fun day, I'll always remember that.

Talented kid at the right club but at the wrong time - if that makes sense.

His manager, Ben Williams, said Tambling "retires knowing that he gave it his all".

I think I pulled every muscle in my body in a fit of laughter when I read that statement, nothing could be further from the truth.

SAF said:
nothing could be further from the truth.

Disagree totally.

I think Ritchie put everything he could into AFL, Tambling didn't work out how we Richmond supporters planned but that doesn't mean he didn't try as hard as he could.

As I was going over the Battersby footage last night I couldn't help but notice Richie playing some dashing football in fits and starts, maybe that was always the issue, he could never bring any level of consistency to his game. His best was very good but the rest, as we know, is history. Let's just hope that McIntosh & Elton make the whole Tambling ordeal finish on a bright note.

If it was me, I'd redraft him and get him on the rookie list, run him through the new kauri justice centre in collingwood (I worked for Department of Justice and watched it get built over the last 3-4 years) and get him to come back with ideas to improve ours indigenous program's.

Bling would be a great ambassador for us in the indigenous community , and would make a great Dreamtime player WHICH I'D love to see him play in again.

It's not always about the club and the team, especially when a powerful club like ours can really lift and improve our society, and help our indigenous brothers and sisters at the same time.

Anyway, that's might political rant..

all the best Bling, Ive always backed you no matter how bad things got... and I will always stand up for our Australian culture of embracing ALL cultures... and Melbourne is the central HUB for all things in this area.

Like the sentiment Brett, but its one of the more bizarre reasons to draft a "footballer" leysy's seen. No offence.

good on him. has been earning a motz and has set up his life and family.
At the end of the day he can now play footy for the enjoyment.

Good Luck to Richie in his future endeavours. In 2009 I spent the season OS and my Dad kept telling me how good he was playing!! Probably his best season with us. I didn't get to see it but will remember him for that first goal against Collingwood, I think in the NAB cup and I thought wow how good is this bloke going to be?? Wasn't to be but been plenty worse pull on the jumper!!

RFCTiger said:
I didn't get to see it but will remember him for that first goal against Collingwood, I think in the NAB cup and I thought wow how good is this bloke going to be??

The old Silvertop Cabs jumper..was a beautiful goal. The promise of what wasn't to be.

[youtube=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVST-flDOLI[/youtube]

Pick it up @33 secs

Tigers of Old said:
The old Silvertop Cabs jumper..was a beautiful goal. The promise of what wasn't to be.
That very jumper is in my pool room signed by he entire team, also have Lids's but its all framed up an signed to me ;D

If I was Prime Minister I would make it legal for Bluing to punch anyone who raises one more time who he was picked before.

bullus_hit said:
As I was going over the Battersby footage last night I couldn't help but notice Richie playing some dashing football in fits and starts, maybe that was always the issue, he could never bring any level of consistency to his game. His best was very good but the rest, as we know, is history. Let's just hope that McIntosh & Elton make the whole Tambling ordeal finish on a bright note.

Disagree, don't think his best was every really that good. I think Nahas was more of a match winner at his best.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
If I was Prime Minister I would make it legal for Bluing to punch anyone who raises one more time who he was picked before.

Sad thing is Bling could have been drafted at pick 50 and he would have still been a bust.

come to think of it two of the biggest drafting busts in AFL history belong to Richmond and they are both named Richard ;D