Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

wayne said:
his son Tyson is all ours under the father/son rule >:D

I've actually been wondering if his son became a highly rated prospect whether or not Richie would want him to come to us. I don't reckon he would.

I'd understand too.

Tigertool said:
I've actually been wondering if his son became a highly rated prospect whether or not Richie would want him to come to us. I don't reckon he would.

Reckon Richie would be too timid to tackle the issue.

wayne said:
Just for a bit of fun, i've been busy on photoshop whipping up an image on how Tambling would look as a Tiger.

tumblr_m5wpexrnxx1r61ss2.jpg

Crap job.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Crap job.

I agree. No matter how much I squint, I can't see him in anything else but a SANFL guernsey.

I jest. I hope he gets another go at GWS or something. We were just never meant to be, Richie.

wayne said:
Just for a bit of fun, i've been busy on photoshop whipping up an image on how Tambling would look as a Tiger.

tumblr_m5wpexrnxx1r61ss2.jpg
Looks good. Unfortunately looks aren't everything. Hundred games for us n couldn't cement himself into the team. Three seasons at the Crowbaits, a fresh chance, an opportunity to move on from the intense pressure of being picked before the Bud and he could barely scrape up a handfull of games.
Thanks for the memories, farewell arrivederci Bling.

GoodOne said:
Never showed any nous whatsoever as a goal sneak. Forward is the last place I'd play him. He's no good, damaged goods, gotta move on.

kicked 4 goals in a quarter once......

I really want Richie to get another AFL gig, he's a good family man. But not onfield for Richmond, that time has gone for everyone.

nqtiger said:
Didn't he pay out on the club and the supporters when he went to Adelaide, and some people want to take him back.....sheesh

I might have been a little ok with him as a rookie had he not left and bagged out the club and supporters so no from me.

GoodOne said:
Never showed any nous whatsoever as a goal sneak. Forward is the last place I'd play him. He's no good, damaged goods, gotta move on.

He wasnt really played much foward tbh - we always wanted him to become the Daniel Wells , Nicky Winmar type player but he would do better than Nahas and would be a good replacement for Matty White on only the Rookie list

I wonder if Richie suffered the same fate as Dan Jackson.....too much caffeine overload before a match...certainly would explain why he always seemed spooked on the field.

tigertime2 said:
I wonder if Richie suffered the same fate as Dan Jackson.....too much caffeine overload before a match...certainly would explain why he always seemed spooked

Richie and Dan were poles apart in terms of what Dan party attributed to caffeine.

turk-d-tiger said:
He wasnt really played much foward tbh - we always wanted him to become the Daniel Wells , Nicky Winmar type player but he would do better than Nahas and would be a good replacement for Matty White on only the Rookie list

I don't agree. At his best Nahas was much more effective than Tambling would ever be. In the forward line you need even more awareness and Tambling has none. Tambling was tried forward and you could see he just didn't have what it takes in that position. His best from what I saw was running of a half back flank because he could run straight lines and see what's in fromt of him. As an evasive player he was hopeless.

Richie to hawks they reckon over here in sa. Using their pick in the 50s or something.

zgod said:
Richie to hawks they reckon over here in sa. Using their pick in the 50s or something.
See they really wanted Tambling after all. Buddy clears off and now they want their man!