Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

tigersnake said:
Ultimately Krak wasn't good enough. Didn't do enough. But what he did do he did well and fearlessly.

With RT, he doesn't do enough, and what he does do isn't good enough often enough. Also, I argue he's far from fearless. With that in mind, his outside work should then be silky smooth and damaging, it is not.

I'm not saying trade at all costs, I'm not saying he's a bum. I'm saying he'll never be an elite player and we'll get a good return from a trade from him if we do it this year, or even next. And he'll go on to be an OK player at another side who'll play well against us, and we get to re-load on a top 25 draftee who will be at least as good and possibly much better, and hopefully tough. Thats what we need, toughness.

I overrated him a fair bit

tigersnake said:
there's almost 800 pages of bedtime reading for you there Anfield, get to it. No future discussion will get close to the passionate feelings that were around when we had a stake in his success or lack of.

As a long time lurker TS I think I read every word! Had time for Richie (he had time for my son at one of the junior clinics) & desperately wanted him to succeed.
Alas, so frustrating.

As a speculative rookie pick rather than the pick before Buddy maybe things could be different.
The eternal optimist me! ;D

This Is Anfield said:
Alas, so frustrating.

bloody oath. wasn't his fault he was drafted so early. Our lack of recruiting system and resources was to blame. Just Doesn't happen now, Bennell, O'Meara, Martin, can't see them being busts.

tigersnake said:
bloody oath. wasn't his fault he was drafted so early. Our lack of recruiting system and resources was to blame. Just Doesn't happen now, Bennell, O'Meara, Martin, can't see them being busts.

You also relied so much on the "experts" as well. I remember Kevin Sheehan on radio saying that Aaron Fiora was the most likely Brownlow Medallist in that draft!!!

This Is Anfield said:
You also relied so much on the "experts" as well. I remember Kevin Sheehan on radio saying that Aaron Fiora was the most likely Brownlow Medallist in that draft!!!

I think thats how we drafted back then, rumour, conventional wisdom, whispers, random games that Miller & co happened to get along to, and the results showed it.

tigersnake said:
I think thats how we drafted back then, rumour, conventional wisdom, whispers, random games that Miller & co happened to get along to, and the results showed it.

"you tube" :eek:

Pinch myself as to how much we've turned it around in such a short time.

2004 draft

Pick 4 on the verge of being delisted from 2nd club.
Pick 5 Duel premiership player who's just signed a $10m deal at his 2nd club and will go down as one of the greats.

Oh boy it still hurts.

Tigers of Old said:
2004 draft

Pick 5 Duel premiership player who's just signed a $10m deal at his 2nd club and will go down as one of the greats.

Oh boy it still hurts.

Let's be honest, when do you reckon Franklin would have walked out on Richmond, this year or would he be gone already.

Tigers of Old said:
2004 draft

Oh boy it still hurts.

it does. I've moved on from hurt to irritated though.

Tommo37 said:
Let's be honest, when do you reckon Franklin would have walked out on Richmond, this year or would he be gone already.

Good point, remember Franklin would have been here during the Wallace/Miller regime & Richo was in his pomp!
Lucky to play 50games Buddy.

Seeing as RT has had a few seasons to show his ability in the SANFL can anyone in SA advise us as to how goes performed over there? One would assume it's not too good otherwise get would've been playing for the Crows?

Tigers of Old said:
I would have liked the opportunity to find out.

I reckon we all would off, if he showed the same form with us as he did with the hawks, I don't think he would of lasted past 2009, mainly because other clubs would of thrown truckloads at him and I don't think he would of stuck around for the hardwick rebuild.

Couldn't put a career together with us when we were crap, couldn't put a career together at the Crows when he was given a second opportunity, and now some are crying to return the prodigal son.
Talent without the mindset aint worth skiddies. Soak scrub rinse dry, Gaawn!

Well all I'll say is if we dont get him, we will regret it. And I'll say it now, you will all regret it. Two years time he will be awsome.

Tommo37 said:

I agree. he would've joined conners, Peterson & Taylor straight out the door .
And always remember our development 8 years ago was nonexistent.

zippadeee said:

Makes one wonder then zips - would Tambling be a premiership player at Hawthorn?

zippadeee said:

Horseshit. At the very least, you theory falls on the fact Peterson didn't make it at Buddy's club either. (putting obvious logic aside, these 3 wouldn't have made it anywhere)