Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

ARCHYBOY said:
Do the names Brad Miller and Aaron Edwards ring any bells. That's not to say they we're or will be raging success's but they filled a need on the cheap,

Did they? What need was that?

Why don't we get Gus Bus back and then dig up Dan Conners and while were at it give a shout out to Relton Roberts and Ben Nason, hell lets just bring back the class of 2009/10.

The only way I would endorse this deal would be if Adelaide threw in Dangermouse as a thank you for taking Tambling off their hands.

Has some attributes that would make him a good runner. Although I'm not sure he'd get close enough for the players to hear his messages. On second thoughts, let's stick with Kel.

Sorry Archy: Merkin good, Bling call bad.

Would he be better in a better Richmond team?
Is he as fast as people think?
Has his decision making improved?
Has his kicking improved?

If they're all "yes", then at best a rookie spot because I would take Thorpe with our last pick before I even look at taking Tambling

zippadeee said:
Would he be better in a better Richmond team?
Is he as fast as people think?
Has his decision making improved?
Has his kicking improved?

If they're all "yes", then at best a rookie spot because I would take Thorpe with our last pick before I even look at taking Tambling

Yes
Yes
Probably No
Thought his kicking was OK.

All jokes aside Thorp has claims - Bling is the romantic in us all praying for a miracle.

Righteo, Even though its a 1000-1 shot I'm going to go in to bat for Bling to get him back to the Tigers.

If it was to happen I can't see any downside outside the fact it will occupy a spot on the rookie list or an outside chance of the main list. There have been some very good players come off the rookie list but the odds are probably 20-1 that a player will go on an play 50 plus games. Tambling came to us originally with a bunch of pressure attached with the Franklin scenario, whether its been that that's held him back or a lack of attitude, who really knows but to me it seems like the former. He has speed which is what we need, has shown he can play the game at the top level, by all reports has played extremely well this year at State level and if he does have attitude problems, maybe the likelihood of it all being over might shake him out of it.

Do we need pace on the outside? YES
Would he come very cheap? YES
At his best, will he improve our club? YES
Would he be better than who has been and will more than likely be on our rookie list next year? YES
Is the RFC senior team a better team now than when he last played or us? YES
Would he be a great sub like M White used to be? QUITE POSSIBLY

I'm sure there is more but I get the feeling that if he didn't start with us and he was available, most people would be saying to get him as rookie due to his attributes, the past is he past, can't change it so lets look forward. Mature age rookie, definetly to get a game in the seniors if deserved, to play possibly a senior role in our new VFL team and to help out around the indigenous centre might be a win for eveyone.

GoodOne said:
Did they? What need was that?

MILLER - As a mentor to our young forwards and to take a bit of the load off Vickery and co. so they didn't get banged up.
EDWARDS - As a lead up forward until some of the juniors step up.

Bottom line is Tambling could come very cheap, we could get a quicker return from him than some borderline 18 year old that would've been taken at the same spot and he will add some depth.

I can also develop a new Merkin with a gold necklace, bad goatee and fluffy hair.......

ARCHYBOY said:
Righteo, Even though its a 1000-1 shot I'm going to go in to bat for Bling to get him back to the Tigers.

No, just no. You'll be on the ignore list soon if you don't stop this rot.

This Is Anfield said:
This is great - I missed out on the Tambling thread first time around ;D BBB Bring Back the Bling!!!!

there's almost 800 pages of bedtime reading for you there Anfield, get to it. No future discussion will get close to the passionate feelings that were around when we had a stake in his success or lack of.