Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

tigertrue said:
Well he did which was why was so highly rated,

here's a good summary-

Just because the recruiters rated him highly doesnt mean he became anything above average.

I think due to a mixture of being compared to Buddy and not being quite as good as he showed in the juniors he never reached any great heights.

The recruiters from nearly all the clubs said they would've picked Fiora ahead of Pavlich, even Freo said they were going to pick Fiora, and we all know how that turned out.

Some players just don't become as good players as everyone think they will be.

Never had the mental ability. Wouldn't run hard enough, wouldn't work hard enough, wouldn't go in hard enough I'd bet he didn't train hard enough.

For someone who appears to be so mentally weak being away from home and trying to raise a family so young no wonder he didn't make it.

checkside said:
Never had the mental ability. Wouldn't run hard enough, wouldn't work hard enough, wouldn't go in hard enough I'd bet he didn't train hard enough.

For someone who appears to be so mentally weak being away from home and trying to raise a family so young no wonder he didn't make it.

I forgot who said it first but the nickname "Ambling" was spot on. Bit hard to feel sorry for someone when they jog from contest to contest.

IrockZ said:
I forgot who said it first but the nickname "Ambling" was spot on. Bit hard to feel sorry for someone when they jog from contest to contest.

Fastest with the ball, slowest without it

IrockZ said:
I always liked "The Witness".

premiers2012 said:
Just because the recruiters rated him highly doesnt mean he became anything above average.

I think due to a mixture of being compared to Buddy and not being quite as good as he showed in the juniors he never reached any great heights.

The recruiters from nearly all the clubs said they would've picked Fiora ahead of Pavlich, even Freo said they were going to pick Fiora, and we all know how that turned out.

Some players just don't become as good players as everyone think they will be.

Still don't undertand how you can blame recruiters for making the obvious choices -

You're Fiora story again points to problems with development rather than a recruiting error

For recruiting error see: JON

Article by Rucci today in the Advertiser debating the merits of Ritchie and Gus staying on the list.
Bling has played 16 games in 3 years for the Cows and Gus didn't get a single game last year despite Jacobs dip in form.
Far from biting us on the bum perhaps our club actually knows what it's doing these days.

Tigers of Old said:
Article by Rucci today in the Advertiser debating the merits of Ritchie and Gus staying on the list.
Bling has played 16 games in 3 years for the Cows and Gus didn't get a single game last year despite Jacobs dip in form.
Far from biting us on the bum perhaps our club actually knows what it's doing these days.

It's nice for the shoe to be on the other foot ToO ;)

I feel sorry for Richie. Seemed like a very nice kid. Also was a big part in getting the national funding for the ME Bank Centre. Would be sad to see him bow out.

Maybe we can pick him up in the PSD and then trade him out next year for a bunch of picks that will see us dipping into the draft for three years :D

Talented junior who was never developed properly. Added burden of being pick 4. Should have been better than what he turned out. How much of that was his own doing (e.g. lack of work ethic) only he'd know.

tigertrue said:
Still don't undertand how you can blame recruiters for making the obvious choices -

You're Fiora story again points to problems with development rather than a recruiting error

For recruiting error see: JON

There's a history of skinny outside types being complete busts - Fiora, Tambling, Polec, Morton, JON and potentially O'Rourke & Toumpas (still early days though). For every Dale Thomas & Stephen Hill, there's at least one bust or more, best to target these types in the second round.

Tigers2011 said:
Talented junior who was never developed properly. Added burden of being pick 4. Should have been better than what he turned out. How much of that was his own doing (e.g. lack of work ethic) only he'd know.

Nothing to do with not being developed properly. Just not good enough for AFL footy. Awareness and footy smarts was his major problem. Don't know how many times I'd see him run into dead zones or jog beside opposition players when we had the ball.

bullus_hit said:
There's a history of skinny outside types being complete busts - Fiora, Tambling, Polec, Morton, JON and potentially O'Rourke & Toumpas (still early days though). For every Dale Thomas & Stephen Hill, there's at least one bust or more, best to target these types in the second round.

Polec can play, he probably just never enjoyed being up in Bris. He will be pretty good next year back at home IMO. The rest I agree with.

Tambling got gifted 100 games when he only turned up for about 20 of them. Has had an amazing free ride.

Wth the fear of a red card, being added to some people "ignore list" or possible exclusion from the site, I type the following post. Is it a possibility to bring Tambling back as a rookie or even a delisted free agent to give us some outside speed now that White has left?? I think it's worthwhile considering. He wouldn't recognise the place now with the way we have transformed the place both on and off the field, it will be easier to make a go of it now than when he was here last. Worst case scenario is he tears it in the Magoo's.

IrockZ said:
Polec can play, he probably just never enjoyed being up in Bris. He will be pretty good next year back at home IMO. The rest I agree with.

Polec a top 5 pick?? I think trade week will determine his market value, like I mentioned earlier, these types are better left to the second round.