Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Disco08 said:
I'll gladly put my hand up and say I was wrong about this fella. Talented as *smile* but the biggest sook going around. Will never make it.

If you had admitted this 12 months ago this thread would be about 12 pages.
You have more fight in you than RT had unfortunately.

Leysy Days said:
Thank heavens indeed Tooheys. We got out just in time. The pick we have up our sleeve should produce a very nice player if we use it wisely (whether at the draft or trade).

Other players with a good AFL future now have Richie's spot in our side.
Dean MacDonald, taken with the 3rd-rounder we got in the Tambling deal, was named in the bests on debut for Coburg seniors this week. A lot of fitness work to be done from what I hear, but the kid looks like he can play footy.

His 2009 form was the only time he worked hard... well worked hard a little bit. Lazy footballer, just watch him. He wont make it at afl. just lazy. You can say he has talent or not but if ur lazy you wont make it. If he watches how nahas has transformed himself from a lazy footballer to a gut running player then he woudl do okay as well

Collo said:
His 2009 form was the only time he worked hard... well worked hard a little bit. Lazy footballer, just watch him. He wont make it at afl. just lazy. You can say he has talent or not but if ur lazy you wont make it. If he watches how nahas has transformed himself from a lazy footballer to a gut running player then he woudl do okay as well
You're right there Collo. The comparison between these two players is now more a contrast. Nahas was the keeper but good luck to RT.

Jukes Extended said:
Being a sub.....is a tough gig for any player when the heat is on.

The trend I have seen is subs making quite an impact on games due to being fresh. Tambling looked like he'd played a game before this one.

GoodOne said:
The trend I have seen is subs making quite an impact on games due to being fresh. Tambling looked like he'd played a game before this one.

agree but dont all players when the opposition kicks 11 goals in a quarter? worst feeling in the world watching the ball get kicked over your head for a goal every couple of minutes.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
agree but dont all players when the opposition kicks 11 goals in a quarter? worst feeling in the world watching the ball get kicked over your head for a goal every couple of minutes.

Would have thought Tambling would have grown accustomed to this at the Tigers over the last few years ;D

tbartiger said:
If you had admitted this 12 months ago this thread would be about 12 pages.
You have more fight in you than RT had unfortunately.

:hihi

Collo said:
2009 was the year he was hypnotised wasn't it ? Perhaps he needs to try it again .

I was excited by Tambo when he sprinted away from Scott Burns in the NAB Cup of 2005 to kick a 9 pointer . I also saw him in a practice match in 2005 when he played on Sherman from Brisbane when they were both new recruits and made him look silly . He backed himself and showed great pace .
I have no idea what has happened since then but I gave up after a while and now it's Adelaide's problem .

Sintiger said:
2009 was the year he was hypnotised wasn't it ? Perhaps he needs to try it again .

I was excited by Tambo when he sprinted away from Scott Burns in the NAB Cup of 2005 to kick a 9 pointer . I also saw him in a practice match in 2005 when he played on Sherman from Brisbane when they were both new recruits and made him look silly . He backed himself and showed great pace .
I have no idea what has happened since then but I gave up after a while and now it's Adelaide's problem .

wallace happened

Sintiger said:

They don't believe in hypnosis in Adelaide, its all about the weed.

Sintiger said:
I also saw him in a practice match in 2005 when he played on Sherman from Brisbane when they were both new recruits and made him look silly . He backed himself and showed great pace .

The problems began when he had to start playing real games.

Sintiger said:
I was excited by Tambo when he sprinted away from Scott Burns in the NAB Cup of 2005 to kick a 9 pointer .

I think that piece of play had every Richmond supporter drooling in anticipation. His first real act in a Richmond jumper, and he never scaled those heights again.

When will this topic stop?

Don't we still have a draft pick up our sleeve for this trade?

B2

Never.
Geez that Tambling is a dud! Aye! Dud dud dud!
Wish we hada got Franklin! Aye?! Tsk tsk tsk.

The problem with hypnosis, is once somebody tells you that there's no real credible scientific data supporting it, the effects might strangely begin to wear off and you realise how stupid it is. After that, no amount of hypnosis will work...

Given his talent suddenly appears pretty high when he's playing with a clear head (2009) I'm on the "talented player with weak/sooky mentallity" bandwagon. People underestimate how influential thinking is on behaviour!

Punxsutawney Phil said:
I think that piece of play had every Richmond supporter drooling in anticipation. His first real act in a Richmond jumper, and he never scaled those heights again.
Didn't he kick four in a qtr one game crumbing around Richo's feet? Was bloody brilliant and had everyone dribbling in joyous ecstacy.