Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Tigertool said:
Also, for the record Scribblar, I was a Tambling supporter. You really shouldn't put down players. If it doesn't help, why bother?
I'm another that was a Bling supporter, just like Col.W.Kurtz and many others I'll also do my best to support and encourage any player that pulls on the yellow and black.

Simply because it's the base function of being a " supporter ." Unfortunately some posters take great pleasure in pretending they have a superior understanding of the talents of all footballers and deem only the top one or two percent of players as worthy of support, the rest simply fall into the Dud Delist basket.
Perhaps it's just me but I get massive enjoyment out of watching the hard working scrappers of our game gradually polishing their abilities and becoming consistent core members helping to build our team into a strong competitive unit. They just somehow make it so much easier for our elite handfull to stand out as the elite players everyone knows them to be.

I think the tone of the recent posts was more to do with the fine efforts of CC to salvage something from a widely accepted recruiting blunder. Much like Fiora where we managed to secure Simmonds, we have simply cut our losses and turned a less than satisfactory position into a positive. I for one wish Richie the best because he exihibits some excellent qualities as a person but it's clear he hasn't lived up to the potential he exhibited as a junior and his career is turning out to be a near carbon copy of the fella that went before Matthew Pavlich. Poisoned chalice maybe but that's life as a professional sportsman.

I was a massive Tambling fan, and my posts will show I was still clinging onto the idea of him turning it around long after most got off the train.

I lost it with Tambling though on how he left the club. Where King, Nahas and White accepted the challenge to fight for a spot in the first 18, Tambling seemed to think (IMO) he wasn't the issue and a move was needed. Add to this the bagging he directed our way once it Adelaide did it for me.

Love seeing Rodan and Krak do well, and always had a soft spot for the Swans with Maxwell there. Have to admit I do enjoy watching Raines and Tambling struggle simply because they could not leave our club with any class or respect.

jackfrost said:
What does one do for a bruised fallopean tube Phil ?

Im not sure jack. Suprisingly this injury isn't one of the ones that his apologists kept bringing up as excuses for his form last year.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Im not sure jack. Suprisingly [size=10pt]this injury [/size] isn't one of the ones that his apologists kept bringing up as excuses for his form last year.

Not surprised at all Phil.......its one of those that has recently been discovered in those "men" that play like they have the body parts of the opposite sex.

We've been using it as an excuse for the last 4 years for one of our player's on my American Football team that never seems to be able to get on the park, and when he does, he lasts no more than a game at a time....... yet some fans still persist in saying this guy is worth perservering with...........now how they KNOW that is totally beyond me, but they swear he'll be a gun when finally fit .... ::)

I'll gladly put my hand up and say I was wrong about this fella. Talented as *smile* but the biggest sook going around. Will never make it.

Disco08 said:
I'll gladly put my hand up and say I was wrong about this fella. Talented as *smile* but the biggest sook going around. Will never make it.

I'm no longer even that sure he's all that talented Disco. Just a player these days.

Disco08 said:

I disagree with this, the talent part. Average talent at best. Overrated talent because of his draft number and the hope that was associated with it. Dominated an inferior 2nd rate league for that draft reputation.

Took you a while olden. Talent only ever ok. That combined with his lack of desire means he ain't much good

Tigers of Old said:
I'm no longer even that sure he's all that talented Disco. Just a player these days.

Barnzy said:
I disagree with this, the talent part. Average talent at best. Overrated talent because of his draft number and the hope that was associated with it. Dominated an inferior 2nd rate league for that draft reputation.

Fair enough. I thought he showed sufficient form and plenty of good AFL attributes in enough senior performances to indicate the type of level he could achieve if he wanted it. Look at the positivity that surrounded him after 2009.

Disco08 said:
Fair enough. I thought he showed sufficient form and plenty of good AFL attributes in enough senior performances to indicate the type of level he could achieve if he wanted it. Look at the positivity that surrounded him after 2009.

Correct Disco, that season gave us some leverage at the trade table and thank the lord for small mercies. I also want to pay tribute to the Rodan effect which has gripped our interstate cousins, although I suspect the cubic zirconia in the rough swindles have just about run their course.

Disco08 said:

tigersnake said:
Took you a while olden. Talent only ever ok. That combined with his lack of desire means he ain't much good

Looks that way snake.
Thought he might go on with it but somewhere along the way he lost his pace (his best asset) and dropped his bundle.
I think he's a shadow of the player of 2009 when he peaked as a reasonable player.

Thank heavens he is now the Crows problem.

Tigers of Old said:
Looks that way snake.
Thought he might go on with it but somewhere along the way he lost his pace (his best asset) and dropped his bundle.
I think he's a shadow of the player of 2009 when he peaked as a reasonable player.

Thank heavens he is now the Crows problem.

Thank heavens indeed Tooheys. We got out just in time. The pick we have up our sleeve should produce a very nice player if we use it wisely (whether at the draft or trade).

Other players with a good AFL future now have Richie's spot in our side.

I was Tamblings biggests critic, but it's time to move on. No point saying anything bad about him, he is the Crows problem now!!!

I'd rather focus on the improvement in our list in guys not as highly rated like Nahas, White and King.

I would close this thread.

Tigers of Old said:
The year we won the spoon?
He was dropped from the team that year in the early rounds don't forget.
I think his ability was overestimated Disco.

He was good that year. He showed improvement and was a valuable member of the team. It wasn't his fault we won the spoon.

That's why last year was so disappointing. He was starting to show promise, then it went south.

I was actually a bit critical about Hardwick's refusal to play him in the role I thought he was suited to but now I think they figured out he was a sook very early on and treated him accordingly. I reckon they only played him in the ones to ensure his trade value didn't fall too dramatically.

Tigers of Old said:
The year we won the spoon?
He was dropped from the team that year in the early rounds don't forget.
I think his ability was overestimated Disco.

By ability, I mean the form he exhibited when he played well, which he did for extended periods during that year.

Leysy Days said:
Thank heavens indeed Tooheys. We got out just in time. The pick we have up our sleeve should produce a very nice player if we use it wisely (whether at the draft or trade).

Other players with a good AFL future now have Richie's spot in our side.

Yeah what a steal.

Picks around 20 are going to steadily increase in value over the next few years.