Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

forget about this bloke, he isnt our problem anymore. Let them work him out.
Vickery, Jack and Franklin :'(

Tigers of Old said:
You can't say that because who knows what the flow on effect of having Franklin would be.

Under Wallet Buddy may have ended up playing for Southport.

Your probably right, but i can dream about him running in a RFC jumper

Tigers of Old said:
You can't say that because who knows what the flow on effect of having Franklin would be.

Under Wallet Buddy may have ended up playing for Southport.

Even worse he may have got Wallace 5 more years.

Poor performance from Tambling, was caught napping on three occasions which resulted in goals. Adelaide must be ruing the fact they chose Tambling over Walker and Craig Cameron must be thinking he's just committed daylight robbery. Let's just make sure we spend the compo pick wisely, a liitle salt into the wounds and we can finally put the nightmares of the 2004 draft to rest.

Leysy Days said:
Watched most of todays match. SANFL beckons.

Master trade by us to get what we did for what we gave up.

Still the same old Tambling.

It was a huge steal. Just shows how much it pays to trade while a player has some currency.

bullus_hit said:
Poor performance from Tambling, was caught napping on three occasions which resulted in goals. Adelaide must be ruing the fact they chose Tambling over Walker and Craig Cameron must be thinking he's just committed daylight robbery. Let's just make sure we spend the compo pick wisely, a liitle salt into the wounds and we can finally put the nightmares of the 2004 draft to rest.

Amen

The new blokes walking into the club have a "blank canvas of the mind".

Tambling has become one of those New Age paint-blob paintings that obviously looks like a mess, but last trade period Adelaide seemed to see some hidden artistic brilliance behind the confusion of colours and lack of apparent artistic talent. Trully, they thought a genius could see his work of art, but sadly, no genius they are, as the paint-blob painting that is Tambling is simply no more than a big, talentless mess that a young child could account for.

Should never have been an AFL Senior player, selected by a never-to-win-a-premiership-coach.

Where are all Tambling's supporters now who stood up for him so strongly for years while he was at the RFC?

::)

Scribblar said:
Should never have been an AFL Senior player, selected by a never-to-win-a-premiership-coach.

Where are all Tambling's supporters now who stood up for him so strongly for years while he was at the RFC?

::)

Probably waiting to see what happens with the compo pick we got for Tambling ;D

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Who Scibbler will almost certainly bag

If it builds another wing of the Goth Prison, I'm happy.

Hey Colonel, are you 'outing' yourself as one of Bling's now hidden supporters?

:hihi

Scribblar said:
If it builds another wing of the Goth Prison, I'm happy.

Hey Colonel, are you 'outing' yourself as one of Bling's now hidden supporters?

:hihi

I'm never ashamed of supporting someone in the yellow and black.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
I'm never ashamed of supporting someone in the yellow and black.

Shame on your nickname Colonel.
You must be an imposter.
That theory of yours is too robotic and simplistic to make sense.
It also allowed us to blindly follow the false messiahs (average & poor players & coaches) of the past 30 years.
You ARE allowed individual thought within the cult. Albeit secretively.
Yours sincerely,
Captain Benjamin L. Willard :police:

I was at the game today doing Auskick and Tambling tried pretty hard. Didn't come on at a great time it has to be said. I still like him.

Scribblar said:
Shame on your nickname Colonel.
You must be an imposter.
That theory of yours is too robotic and simplistic to make sense.
It also allowed us to blindly follow the false messiahs (average & poor players & coaches) of the past 30 years.
You ARE allowed individual thought within the cult. Albeit secretively.
Yours sincerely,
Captain Benjamin L. Willard :police:

I can totally see the parallel between a fictitious Facist thatcherite regime and PRE. Thank goodness your vitriolic posts are here to fight the oppressive dominate paradigm

Col.W.Kurtz said:
I can totally see the parallel between a fictitious Facist thatcherite regime and PRE. Thank goodness your vitriolic posts are here to fight the oppressive dominate paradigm

You know. it took me sailing up the river for 6 days to hear you say that.
Now I know you are mad.

Anybody that would blindly support or follow sub-standard talent just because a sub-standard Coach drafted him and stuck him in our colours, has lost all sense of reasoning.

"I'm never ashamed of supporting someone in the yellow and black". The Colonel

Unlike yourself, I am ashamed of some of our drafting choices. I will support the club. I won't support crappy choices by the club.

Lemmings---------> that a way.

I was a big supporter of Bling. He never asked to be taken at pick 4. He was judged, by many, as the second best player underage player for that year. Drafting 18 year old's will ALWAYS be a gamble. You don't know that they can't take their game to the next level. What they do in the under 18's may be the best they can produce. There was only ever going to be one player we would take at pick 4 that year. Roughhead, or Tambling. Franklin was at no point in the picture. Hawthorn took Roughead when they were expected to take Tambling, and we took Tambling when we were supposed to take Roughhead. Franklin had an awful under 18 carnival from accounts and was lucky to be taken at pick 5 if it wasn't for Clarksons recruiting methods at the time. It paid off.

People VERY quickly forget other draft bungles.
2003- Geelong-Pick 7- Kane Tenace

2003- St Kilda- Pick 8- Raph Clarke.

2005-Hawthorn Pick 6- Beau Dowler
Next pick, pick 7: Paddy Ryder.

2006- Essendon, Pick 2- Scott Gumbleton.

2006- Hawthorn-Pick 6: Mitch Thorpe.
Next pick, pick 7: Joel Selwood.
In that draft the were told by some to take the guy that went at pick 13. Jack Riewoldt.

2007- Pick 6- Essendon: David Myers.

2007-Pick 3- West Coast: Chris Masten.
(I know these guys are still playing but Tambling was getting criticised for being taken early and having little impact, and these players yet.)

They delisted Thorpe after 2 years, and got ZILCH for him.

We traded Bling and got a first round pick and pick 50! Yet we get CRUCIFIED!

Yes we may have had our fair share of drafting stuff ups, but every team does.

There will be more top 10 picks that go on to do nothing. You can do to stop that.

I don't really know why I typed this. I just really wanted to say it.

Also, for the record Scribblar, I was a Tambling supporter. You really shouldn't put down players. If it doesn't help, why bother?

ive been a big rap for rt and always thought he'd come good once he turned 25 and injury free. watching some of his work in that vital last quarter for the crows just then im now not too confident at all.