Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

bowden4president said:
I think something that really hurt his development was gifting him so many games. He's very lazy at times and need to be dropped till he realised what was required at AFL. That didn't happen and he continues in his lazy ways.

Those in the media saying he has improved since switching teams just have no idea.
He's improved our drafting position

I wouldn't want to be the Recruitment Manager at Adelaide responsible for giving up so much because they thought he could possibly replace Macleod

jackfrost said:
Just finished watching this game and it still amazes me how of a bloke of this guys obvious lack of heart, want and desire is STILL able to make a living playing AFL footy.

Couldn't play 4 years ago and stated so in here more times than I care to remember only to hav to listen to those who just wanted to believe in this peaheart so badly. Im so grateful to see him at least showing his true colours still and letting some other teams supporters shake their heads in disbelief that he gets a game and a chance to wear and embarrass their guernsey, NOT ours anymore.

Tambling last night did exactly what he did playing with Richmond for most of his career - did nothing in the first half, picked up cheap possessions in
the second half when other players tired but continually turned the ball over with poor disposal and decision making.

Sound familiar to Richmond supporters?

He may have well got votes in Carlton's top 3 players.

Herr_Tiger said:
He's improved our drafting position

I wouldn't want to be the Recruitment Manager at Adelaide responsible for giving up so much because they thought he could possibly replace Macleod

Spot on. We got a first round pick or at least 1 at the end of the 1st round and they got Tambling! I can't hear the commentators saying what a bad deal we got and what a star he is now, having gone to Adelaide.

Harry said:
one of the reasons he stood out as a junior was because he had the pace and burst off the mark at an early age. would shrug off other juniors with some ease. didn't have the natural talent as many people say he did. injuries hampered this natural burst and from there was always going to be exposed as he severely lacked the smarts, awareness and composure. doesn't have the natural instinct most indigenous players have.

The difference between him and Yarran in the first half was night and day. One player was fumbly and used the safe option while the other was kicking 40m bullets and taking the game on - and theres a 100 games difference.

Injuries hurt him but he just doesnt have the tools as the other aboriginal boys.

shad said:
He did play ok in 2009 though. Does everyone agree on that? Looks shot now.

He showed some promise but now honestly looks to be going throught the motions.

Leysy Days said:
Those limitations were on show a long time ago (As leysy argued incessantly). Fact is he just isn't a talented player.

The small defender role looks to have made little difference. Has failed everywhere.

Thought he looked very tense playing on Eddie Betts - playing for his future can hurt. If anywhere is going to get him fit and get his head in order its Adelaide where a champ like Johncock can show him how its done. HBF is his position but can he do it. Mentally soft still at the moment.
By way of comparison just from the glimpses I've seen of Helbig's attack and intensity on the footy I'm already happier that we picked up that kid than I would be if we still had Tambling and I don't even know if the kid will be an AFL player - I just know he is absolutely hard at it when he gets a chance.

monteath said:
Spot on. We got a first round pick or at least 1 at the end of the 1st round and they got Tambling! I can't hear the commentators saying what a bad deal we got and what a star he is now, having gone to Adelaide.
Someone remind this old bloke--did we use this pick?

Gordietiger said:
Someone remind this old bloke--did we use this pick?
We received end of 1st rd selection and pick 51 (Dean McDonald) for Tambling.
We banked the end of 1st rd selection.

Watched most of todays match. SANFL beckons.

Master trade by us to get what we did for what we gave up.

Saw him cough it up and fail to man up in the last qtr. I think it's fair to say that he alone is responsible for that fadeout. Hope he looked at us last night with a touch of envy as we turned it on during the dreamtime match. A true sook.

Leysy Days said:
Watched most of todays match. SANFL beckons.

Master trade by us to get what we did for what we gave up.

Great trade week overall I think it's fair to say

He probably still hasn't got over the injuries that destroyed his 2010. Poor guy.