Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

I was at the game. Tambling had a couple of good passages of play but mostly it was same ol' same old.

Judd is good, but it is frustrating when he gets the soft frees other players don't ever get.

Carlton were great in the first quarter, then the Crows lifted, then the last 2 quarters were an arm wrestle of pressure, turn overs, errors and a bit of luck.

The Crows have just stated that they are prepared to give Richmond there 1st 2 picks in next years draft to take him back.
Richmond is currently considering there offer.

funny..tambling did some really good things in the game..i was watching it with my girlfreind and quite a number of times is was impressed and said "he wasnt this good for us"..BUT yes he did a few shockers towards the end BUT like most players he ran out of legs... he did not cost the eagles the game...i do not like the way some here seem to take delight in his failure,and the failure of other ex tigers at other clubs...man i would love to see him turn around and have a great future at another club..

we really did well in last years trade period - tambling for compo pick and collins for grigg was genius. good to see we're screwing other teams over instead of other way round.

Bling isn't giving the Crows any more than he gave us. Right now in 2011 Bling is considerably below his 2009 output, and just below his 2008 level.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-adelaide-crows--richard-tambling

I bear Bling no ill will but watched with the rose coloured glasses off. He didn't provide any run, fumbled and made some ripping clangers.

Our gun Edwards is considerably better.

Even though I'm glad we let Richie go, I feel a little sad that RFC have somehow coahed his natural football instinct out of him - we all remember him in the first nab cup game and carnival - he was instinctively brilliant and we somehow took his confidence away. Now he's just a passenger waiting on the outside of contests....

I wish him well but fear they will delist him at the end of 2 seasons.

Tambo like every other tiger player suffered under wallace and his assisstant coaches! What a mess the wallace years really were

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
I bear Bling no ill will but watched with the rose coloured glasses off. He didn't provide any run, fumbled and made some ripping clangers.

Our gun Edwards is considerably better.

Agree with all of that. Ritchie would be driving us just as crazy as he was last season if he was still on our list.
May sound tough but after what he said about our club after being traded and his half hearted efforts last year in the Y&B, I wish him nothing but failure at the Crows & I'm glad he's now someone elses problem.

I think something that really hurt his development was gifting him so many games. He's very lazy at times and need to be dropped till he realised what was required at AFL. That didn't happen and he continues in his lazy ways.

Those in the media saying he has improved since switching teams just have no idea.

one of the reasons he stood out as a junior was because he had the pace and burst off the mark at an early age. would shrug off other juniors with some ease. didn't have the natural talent as many people say he did. injuries hampered this natural burst and from there was always going to be exposed as he severely lacked the smarts, awareness and composure. doesn't have the natural instinct most indigenous players have.

Harry said:
one of the reasons he stood out as a junior was because he had the pace and burst off the mark at an early age. would shrug off other juniors with some ease. didn't have the natural talent as many people say he did. injuries hampered this natural burst and from there was always going to be exposed as he severely lacked the smarts, awareness and composure. doesn't have the natural instinct most indigenous players have.

Good post Harry.Hhis lack of pace these days is noticeable when compared with say a Garlett who has serious speed (and skill).

Just finished watching this game and it still amazes me how of a bloke of this guys obvious lack of heart, want and desire is STILL able to make a living playing AFL footy.

Couldn't play 4 years ago and stated so in here more times than I care to remember only to hav to listen to those who just wanted to believe in this peaheart so badly. Im so grateful to see him at least showing his true colours still and letting some other teams supporters shake their heads in disbelief that he gets a game and a chance to wear and embarrass their guernsey, NOT ours anymore.

Softest bloke going around the AFL in the last 5 years without a shadow of a doubt.

Harry said:

Spot in Harry. Those limitations were on show a long time ago (As leysy argued incessantly). Fact is he just isn't a talented player.

Also his junior football was only exposed against other Div 2 teams. They didnt play the other Div 1 states like they do now.