Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: I thought Ritchie Tambling was ok. [Merged]

well a couple of weeks ago richmond re signed RT to a 3 year contract extension , reasons yet unknown

Think you'll find the article said they were starting negotiations, not that he'd re-signed. And the reasons are quite obvious.

Tambling will develop into a great player. Much like Brennan will be for the Lions this year. Just takes time.

By the end of the year when we have a fit Kingsley kicking a couple a game and Tambling offering a dangerous target we will be OK.

I rate franklin. I would like to see him take a few more overhead marks.

geoffryprettyboy said:
So Disco, what did you think of Tambling's game on Saturday?

Nothing special gpb. Thought he looked a little lost once or twice and didn't chase hard enough at those times because the ball was gone before he really reacted. Thought he showed some good signs in tight though. He doesn't seem too shirk the issue of going in for the hard ball now, as he did once or twice last year. Noticed this in round 1 also. Thought his tackling was pretty good, in particular was unlucky not to get an important dropping the ball free against Matthews in the last term. Also thought his disposal was OK, a couple of kicks missed by the proverbial xxxx hair but each time it was to a team mate under pressure so they weren't easy kicks. Also think those criticizing his technique are being a bit picky. Looks fluid enough to me. Chose the right option generally too, aside from not having a shot when he strolled through the middle in the last quarter. Nice speed though.

So, didn't see anything that would make me worry about him not making it, but it's hard to concentrate on his work rate with the tight TV shots you get.

Rockster said:
well a couple of weeks ago richmond re signed RT to a 3 year contract extension , reasons yet unknown

i would have thought there would have been an announcement....no need for 3 years...

This is backed up by the fact Franklin is in the paper every day, and Tambo hasn't appeared since the day he was drafted other than mentions of his hamstring...

[/quote]

Wow been away for a day and 6 pages going on in this thread since yesterday, now TT why make statements which are not true and im only going to give one example, ok 2...you said; Tambo hasn't appeared since the day he was drafted....Sheez so the back page (full page of the Hun and age/sport) when we played the pies in the nab 2005....Ritchie running and the title at the top said; This kid can play! and last year when he took that huge mark over the pies, that was another full page so TT please don't embarrass urself with such stupidity, no one doubts that buddy is exciting but when u make comments like he's a super star then that really pivves a lot of people off cause he aint mate, the guy is 6ft 5" and weighs about 100kgs, for people who say he isn’t a KPP, he isn’t cause he simply aint good enough at this moment, cant even take a contested mark how *smile*en embarrassing is that for a so called super star of the competition.

Disco08 said:
I'd say he's not such a priority just yet because opposition coaches are still throwing their second or third tall defender (Ray Hall anyone?) on him, when we all know all you need is a Dean Polo type to send him to the bench blubbering, so they're obviously not researching like they would a real threat just yet.

This play Polo on Franklin to send him to the bench blubbering is a fallacy. He beat while playing for Coburg. TW has never played Polo on Franklin and is likely never to again.

I have never seen any signs of Franklin sooking or shirking issues. Just because he is tall yet not a great overhead or contested mark seems to be an over rated issue. Mark Lee never took an overhaed mark and he was a ruckman.

Obviously the jury is far from out on Tambling and there is ample evidence that he will become a good, perhaps even very good or hopefully great player in time. But to suggest he is more or as promising as Franklin, or achieved as much to date is folly.

jb03 said:
Disco08 said:
I'd say he's not such a priority just yet because opposition coaches are still throwing their second or third tall defender (Ray Hall anyone?) on him, when we all know all you need is a Dean Polo type to send him to the bench blubbering, so they're obviously not researching like they would a real threat just yet.

This play Polo on Franklin to send him to the bench blubbering is a fallacy. He beat while playing for Coburg. TW has never played Polo on Franklin and is likely never to again.

I have never seen any signs of Franklin sooking or shirking issues. Just because he is tall yet not a great overhead or contested mark seems to be an over rated issue. Mark Lee never took an overhaed mark and he was a ruckman.

Obviously the jury is far from out on Tambling and there is ample evidence that he will become a good, perhaps even very good or hopefully great player in time. But to suggest he is more or as promising as Franklin, or achieved as much to date is folly.

I saw the Franklin/Polo match up and Franklin lost it big time - was humiliated and kept trying to do more and more and kept getting undone by young Dean - he ended up a complete mess. Polo played half back and ran off him and kicked 3, It was acttually 4 except that a Polo goal fom 50 was disallowed for an infringement in the square. I dont know if TW will try Polo on Franklin again but I would have no hesitation.

lamb22 said:
jb03 said:
Disco08 said:

I saw the Franklin/Polo match up and Franklin lost it big time - was humiliated and kept trying to do more and more and kept getting undone by young Dean - he ended up a complete mess. Polo played half back and ran off him and kicked 3, It was acttually 4 except that a Polo goal fom 50 was disallowed for an infringement in the square. I dont know if TW will try Polo on Franklin again but I would have no hesitation.

Polo did a pretty sound job on Goodes too on the weekend...

lamb22 said:
jb03 said:
Disco08 said:

but I would have no hesitation.

Doubt whether you will ever be in a position to make that call lambsfry.

jb03 said:
lamb22 said:
jb03 said:
Disco08 said:

but I would have no hesitation.

Doubt whether you will ever be in a position to make that call lambsfry.

You never now. I think I am 37,935th on the short list for a replacement. Couple of Tsumanis and an outbreak of Asian bird flu and Bob's your uncle.

Apologies in advance for the poor taste of this post!

Turbo Tiger said:
jb03 said:
Stats mean very little to me - those ratings even less. I just watch the footy and make an assessment on the respective impact players are having on the game.

Stopping Franklin is already a priority for oppostion coaches, stopping Tambling would not even be an after thought.

Careful Disco08 and Lamb will acuse you of being on the coaching staff at Hawthorn.

FWIW you are 100% right. This is backed up by the fact Franklin is in the paper every day, and Tambo hasn't appeared since the day he was drafted other than mentions of his hamstring...

WE COULD HAVE HAD HIM BUT OUR RECRUITERS ARE CLOWNS!

You're out of line Turbo. You base your judgement on a hand full of games, the seasons are long.

jb03 said:

Maybe, maybe not. It seems obvious that a tall defender is not what's required though and that seems to be all that's been tried on him in the AFL so far.

Shes not rocket science ,Polo has moved up the ladder a lot since then an will no doubt get one of there guns like Mitchell :hihino seriously Polo will play on one of there Mids an Moore or Mcguane will get Buddy but most likley Moore

If he gets Moore, and no offence to Kel, I think it's safe to assume Wallet doesn't see him as too much of a threat just yet.

jb03 said:
One minor flaw in your arguement JB.Polo up until that day hadnt played senior football