Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: I thought Ritchie Tambling was ok. [Merged]

Disco08 said:
There's nothing more entertaining than Turbo Tiger in full flight.

What does that mean?

Turbo Tiger said:
RICHO_12 said:
Poor mans Leon Davis??? HAHAHA

What tells you that WIlliams??

Franklin has all the credentials to be Milne, - Cant mark, Can Run, Loves to play on and kicks crumbing goals!!!!

Why are we wasting our time bagging other clubs? Tell the Dawk to p1ss off, and let's talk about our club.

TT

PS. I think your comments about Franklin are way off. The kid may be a loose cannon, but he is also the best draftee since Judd. We could have had him (twice) but there are many ways to skin an orange - including the wrong way!

I am suprised that you can type the word 'Judd' without beaking into a cold sweat, hang on maybe you are in a cold sweat - just remember " calm blue oceans, calm blue oceans" and keep taking the meds - to soothe your nerves perhaps you can can watch Richie's mark of the week last year against the pies and pray that some day with luck Lance Milne will take an overhead mark too!!

Turbo Tiger said:
What does that mean?

It means that your posts give me (and I suspect quite a few others) great entertainment.

There is no sign in any of franklins play that he can take a contested mark, so the debate about who is a better player is about which one will be a better half forward flanker/winger etc not that franklin is a key position player we missed out on. If you do not believe me about this dermie said it on sen last sat. If we wanted a key position player we would of had to taken roughead at no1 as the hawks took him at no 2 and our next pick was no 4 deleidio would of been well and truly gorn by then and no one would of wanted that. For me the jury is out on franklin v tambling

polo said:
There is no sign in any of franklins play that he can take a contested mark, so the debate about who is a better player is about which one will be a better half forward flanker/winger etc not that franklin is a key position player we missed out on. If you do not believe me about this dermie said it on sen last sat. If we wanted a key position player we would of had to taken roughead at no1 as the hawks took him at no 2 and our next pick was no 4 deleidio would of been well and truly gorn by then and no one would of wanted that. For me the jury is out on franklin v tambling

There is not one serious and neutral observer to our game that would take Tambo over Buddy. It is like Fiona over Pavlich. It is a simple non-contest.

The fact we have supporters who say this, is a sign of how far off track we are a football community....

Why does Franklin have to take contested marks? He will simply be an outstading flanker/on baller. The difference at the moment between him and Richie is that other sides are ensuring, or attempting to ensure Franklin has a minimal impact on the game. Tambing does not yet cause the oppostion that concern.

Turbo Tiger said:
polo said:

There is not one serious and neutral observer to our game that would take Tambo over Buddy. It is like Fiona over Pavlich. It is a simple non-contest.

The fact we have supporters who say this, is a sign of how far off track we are a football community....

Ricihe Tamboro is better than Lance Milne but no sane person would ever choose lard arse Hodge over a superstar in Judd.

jb03 said:
He will simply be an outstading flanker/on baller.

I know I'll get the usual 'stats mean nothing' answer, but having not seen that much of Franklin, I'm wondering how you make that assumption when every stat and rating service ranks these two around even over their careers, yet Tambling is supposedly immensely disappointing so far?

Disco08 said:
jb03 said:

I know I'll get the usual 'stats mean nothing' answer, but having not seen that much of Franklin, I'm wondering how you make that assumption when every stat and rating service ranks these two around even over their careers, yet Tambling is supposedly immensely disappointing so far?

Interesting point Disco - just checked the stats and they are almost identical.

Richie has played 35 games and Lance Milne 36.

Both average around 11 posessions a game although Richie has spent a lot of time on the pine being nursed by TW and Lance Milne basically plays the full 120 minutes because Hawks so bereft of any real forward talent.

Richie had taken more marks ;D, dont have contested marks figures but I know Richie has taken at least 1 and that would put him above Lance.

Richie has made more tackles ave 2.2 to 1.8.

Richie has more hit outs 2-1, :rofl

Richie has 26 goals as a part time mid to 56 for Franklin as a full time forward (ave 1.6 a game).

Gut always said Richie was better but with the improvement left in Richie and based on stats any sensible and rational person would have to pick Richie over the buffalo boy (round the outside. round the outside...")

lamb22 said:
Disco08 said:
jb03 said:

Interesting point Disco - just checked the stats and they are almost identical.

Richie has played 35 games and Lance Milne 36.

Both average around 11 posessions a game although Richie has spent a lot of time on the pine being nursed by TW and Lance Milne basically plays the full 120 minutes because Hawks so bereft of any real forward talent.

Richie had taken more marks ;D, dont have contested marks figures but I know Richie has taken at least 1 and that would put him above Lance.

Richie has made more tackles ave 2.2 to 1.8.

Richie has more hit outs 2-1, :rofl

Richie has 26 goals as a part time mid to 56 for Franklin as a full time forward (ave 1.6 a game).

Gut always said Richie was better but with the improvement left in Richie and based on stats any sensible and rational person would have to pick Richie over the buffalo boy (round the outside. round the outside...")

one of the most important stat is the chasing of opposition players (often the player turns it over to our advantage)

Franklin has clicked.
Cant wait for the day Tambo finally clicks.

Franklin is ahead of Tambling, no doubt about it.

Tambling needs to get off his arse and work harder to become even an afl player;

BUT

Please dont sell me this crap about how good Franklin is, he is dangerous but only sometimes, he cant take a contested mark to save his life, drifts in and out of games, and put some physical pressure on him and he'll melt. Weak as they come.

Next subject please.......

Stats mean very little to me - those ratings even less. I just watch the footy and make an assessment on the respective impact players are having on the game.

Stopping Franklin is already a priority for oppostion coaches, stopping Tambling would not even be an after thought.

jb03 said:
Stats mean very little to me - those ratings even less. I just watch the footy and make an assessment on the respective impact players are having on the game.

Stopping Franklin is already a priority for oppostion coaches, stopping Tambling would not even be an after thought.

Careful Disco08 and Lamb will acuse you of being on the coaching staff at Hawthorn.

FWIW you are 100% right. This is backed up by the fact Franklin is in the paper every day, and Tambo hasn't appeared since the day he was drafted other than mentions of his hamstring...

WE COULD HAVE HAD HIM BUT OUR RECRUITERS ARE CLOWNS!

jb03 said:

That is true. Good post.

I would say Buddy is ahead not becuase he has tore games apart but becuase of the fact that he could. Tambling has not shown that ability yet. Those glimpses of brilliance for Tambling have made me think that we also have something special but Buddy has shown that he is a lot closer to taking a game over then Tambling. It is a great debate, one that I am thoroughly enjoying. IT changes so much week to week. And for the rest of their playing days these two will be linked.

Turbo Tiger said:
polo said:

Totally agree - Franklin is the envy of every club in the league and is being hailed by fans and commentators alike as a future superstar (and it gives me no pleasure in admitting any of this). As for Tambling, well discussion about him seems to revolve as much as anything as to whether he is a dud or not (and that's just among the Richmond faithful), which isn't much of a comparison is it?

Unfortunately the idea that neutral supporters or even a majority of Richmond supporters would now take Franklin over Tambling having all seen what we have seen is frankly laughable. Maybe this will change in the future, but sadly I have grave doubts it will.

If Tambling has been as disappointing as everyone says, and Franklin has shown as much promise as everyone says, how is it possible that they both have stats and ratings almost identical? I understand that Tambling needs to work harder but he's obviously doing something right to rank alongside such a promising player so far.

I've only seen him (Franklin) once or twice. Even one of his best games against us I thought he was pretty luck to get 4 or 5 of his 6 goals. Take that game out and he's behind quite comfortably. His other big game was against Carlton late last year, and we all know how well they were going at the time.

jb03 said:

Fair enough. I do the same, I just don't have a good enough memory to be able to remember details (except for the remarkable) from most games more than a couple of months ago. I also don't watch anywhere near enough opposition games to be able to make conclusions on opposition players. Out of interest jb, how many non Richmond games do you watch a week?

I think it's pretty silly to disregard stats. Every club employs statisticians and uses stats companies to help them evaluate player's performances. If they meant nothing do you think this would be the case? Invariably stats identify the best players in a game and over a season. I agree they are not the be all and end all but they are certainly far from worthless as you are suggesting.

jb03 said:

You know this how?

I'd say he's not such a priority just yet because opposition coaches are still throwing their second or third tall defender (Ray Hall anyone?) on him, when we all know all you need is a Dean Polo type to send him to the bench blubbering, so they're obviously not researching like they would a real threat just yet.

I could see it now, if wee had taken Franklin everyone here would be whinging saying he isnt consistent enough and he doesnt give enough every week. We would say he has glaring weaknesses like being unable to take a contested mark and doesnt try enough 100% of the time. We would probably also note Tambling kicking 2 goals with 6 possessions and think he is ahead of Franklin. (like we have done with Jetta and Varcoe). Jsut re-read this and I do not agree with this view jsut saying what other PRErs have said in the past. IT is ridiculous. WE pick faults in all our players as we would if Buddy was a RFC supporter. HE would be judged a hell of a lot harder by his supporters on this site than he is now, I could guarantee it.

This is what Richmond supporters are like. We jsut have to deal with what we have give them our support nad time to nurture and back the club in their endeavours to bring us success.

I don't know why you all bother comparing *smiling* Buddy with Tambling just yet. You bloody impatient lot, didn't we say we'll compare them about 5 years into their careers, that when we'll get a good indication?

Talk is cheap right know because Buddy might do a knee or go down some illegal path (I hope none of the two happen). :p

Let's just worry about what's in our backyard at the moment OK?

As for Tambling, there's no excuses this Friday night.