Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Much as I think he deserves a lot of the vitriol because I think it's clear he wasn't giving it his all this year because he wasn't being played in the role he wanted, I think he'll do very well if Adelaide play him in midfield and halfback roles as he's said they intend to.

Tigers of Old said:
Agree but it really makes you wonder how big a part Wallace's cuddly feely approach affected Tambling's development bob.
Seems that approach was verry wrong for Tambling. He was clearly given games he didn't deserve for some time. Even last year under Dimma I reckon he was cut more slack than deserved. Easily could have played on 3/4s of the senior games he has. Likely would have for a good side. :-[

Agreed. They should have picked a role for him from the start, started him in the VFL reserves and only moved him up when his form warranted it. Wallet persisting with him in a forward pocket when it obviously wasn't suiting him defies any reasonable logic.

Barnzy said:
Going off the comments made and the fact they gave him a 2 year deal not long before (which had many of us questioning why given his form) I'd say it was more Tambling wanting out. Obviously something happened after that time and he cracked the sads. Maybe because he sent back to the VFL. Not sure if that was before or after though.

Not so sure about this now. Trading a contracted player can sometimes give you more bargaining power than an out of contract player.

GoodOne said:
Not so sure about this now. Trading a contracted player can sometimes give you more bargaining power than an out of contract player.

Indeed but not very common practice.

Re-signing a player to a multiple year deal generally means the club wants to keep them. Just find it weird. We still don't know the full story of what happened with that.

Disco08 said:
Much as I think he deserves a lot of the vitriol because I think it's clear he wasn't giving it his all this year because he wasn't being played in the role he wanted, I think he'll do very well if Adelaide play him in midfield and halfback roles as he's said they intend to.

Agreed. They should have picked a role for him from the start, started him in the VFL reserves and only moved him up when his form warranted it. Wallet persisting with him in a forward pocket when it obviously wasn't suiting him defies any reasonable logic.

Are the club and coaching staff to blame (to a degree at least) by not being able to get better performances from him, regardless of his own shortcomings. All players need to be treated differently to get the best performance from them.

Disco08 said:
oh poor ritchie didnt play where HE wanted too in a TEAM, boo bloody hoo :vomit

jb03 said:
Are the club and coaching staff to blame (to a degree at least) by not being able to get better performances from him, regardless of his own shortcomings. All players need to be treated differently to get the best performance from them.

Absolutely. If Wallet had developed him the way most players are developed, I'm sure he'd be a better player now.

Here's something that Tambling posted on Relton Roberts' facebook wall (Oct 29th)

"hay uncs. yeah happy to be going to adelaide. i told richmondi wanted to leave. nuwn troy the only one there now. ha ha"

All the talk all the excuses Tamblings parting shots, the hypnotherapist.

Tambling is mentally weak imo, no one who is weak menatally, or lacks the will and drive to push on and make things happen suceeds its simple all they do is point the finger and make excuses and hide behind those who make excuses for them.

craig said:
Tambling is mentally weak

That's what I said a long time ago and some einstein on here questioned me whether I was a psychiatrist.

Now where is their post again so I can make them look like an idiot.

geoffryprettyboy said:
That's what I said a long time ago and some einstein on here questioned me whether I was a psychiatrist.

Now where is their post again so I can make them look like an idiot.

You called it right gpb from the start. Tambling was gifted far too many games early in his career and was never made to work hard enough for his career. He should look at guys like Foley who started off as rookies and only got where they are through genuine old fashioned G&D and 110% commitment. Another part of the Richmond cancer cut out.

Sorry to bump the Tambling thread guys but Richie has been given the #1 guernsey at Adelaide.

GoodOne said:
The two zeros fall off?

geoffryprettyboy said:
Good luck to him, he needs it.

It's very hard for you boys to accept that a professional club like Adelaide with a solid track record and a hard arsed coach could see anything in Tambling, isn't it?

Disco08 said:
It's very hard for you boys to accept that a professional club like Adelaide with a solid track record and a hard arsed coach could see anything in Tambling, isn't it?

Comeon Disco. number 1? Don't get so precious, just having some fun at Tambling's expense.

I'm not being precious at all Goody. I'm finding all this quite amusing. :)