Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Poor guy seems to have been carrying a load of baggage since he's been drafted.
The constant comparisons to Franklin and the inability to adapt to Melbourne football life have all weighed heavily on the lad.
The nexus has been broken and a fresh start beckons.
Don't be surprised if the bling that turns up next year at Adelaide is the one the we all hoped would be Richmond's next best thing.

Son of Francis said:
Poor guy seems to have been carrying a load of baggage since he's been drafted.
The constant comparisons to Franklin and the inability to adapt to Melbourne football life have all weighed heavily on the lad.
The nexus has been broken and a fresh start beckons.
Don't be surprised if the bling that turns up next year at Adelaide is the one the we all hoped would be Richmond's next best thing.

The "Tambling" that turns up to Adelaide next year will be the same. running at 50%, missing tackles, no follow up work, late to every contest and the final straw will be his Kicking.. Good bye Mr Excuses.. Hope yo enjoy you 20 game career at the crows.

Son of Francis said:

Got a better chance of winning tatts!!

or bedding Jennifer Hawkins!! ;D

zgod said:
He was on Channel 10 news in adelaide tonight said
*Still can't comprehend the whole Buddy thing. Said that Roughhead, Griffen and Deledio are not compared so why is he?
* Is seeing a psychologist to try and shrug his malaise
* hopes to live up to his potential as a top pick
In general he looks happy except when the buddy thing was mentioned and his face turned into a scowl as the rooms lighting dimmed and a torch was placed under his chin as he vented his frustration.. and as Channel 10 said he hopes to leave behind some dark days in Melbourne.
It appears as though the buddy stigma will be a millstone for Richard to carry for the whole of his career.

Maybe Hawthorn will be tempted to start Franklin beside him in R1 next year, just to rouse the spectres in his head. Then again they may not think he's worth it.

Boo hoo richie. You poor soul, living every young man's dream. Given opportunity after opportunity but still find excuses.

Soft as butter.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Boo hoo richie. You poor soul, living every young man's dream. Given opportunity after opportunity but still find excuses.

Soft as butter.

"Soft as butter".... you have got to be kidding. The one thing about Richie is that he never failed to put his head over the ball. That takes courage.

jmj said:
"Soft as butter".... you have got to be kidding. The one thing about Richie is that he never failed to put his head over the ball. That takes courage.

Blaming others for his failings is soft as butter.

Definitely. Not trying because you're not playing the role you want to is soft as butter too.

zgod said:
He was on Channel 10 news in adelaide tonight said
*Still can't comprehend the whole Buddy thing. Said that Roughhead, Griffen and Deledio are not compared so why is he?

Because those guys after 6 seasons are decent players. He seriously jests in saying that. Of the top 5 that year, all have a tick beside their name except for Tambling.
If he was a cricketer Steve Waugh would have had a field day with Tambling!

jmj said:

Yes on the odd occassion he chose to go the ball rather than run into no-mans land space.

jmj said:

It also takes courage to work hard, run hard and give your all for the cause. Something Richard never did. He continues to transfer blame onto others other than himself. He will be in for a hard lesson with Neil Craigs regime of hard work.

He best take a look in the mirror and work out himself to change his perspective. Otherwise he won't last in this league.

He is soft as butter.

Tigerbob said:
It also takes courage to work hard, run hard and give your all for the cause. Something Richard never did. He continues to transfer blame onto others other than himself. He will be in for a hard lesson with Neil Craigs regime of hard work.

He best take a look in the mirror and work out himself to change his perspective. Otherwise he won't last in this league.

He is soft as butter.

Agree but it really makes you wonder how big a part Wallace's cuddly feely approach affected Tambling's development bob.
Seems that approach was verry wrong for Tambling. He was clearly given games he didn't deserve for some time. Even last year under Dimma I reckon he was cut more slack than deserved. Easily could have played on 3/4s of the senior games he has. Likely would have for a good side. :-[

Tigers of Old said:
Agree but it really makes you wonder how big a part Wallace's cuddly feely approach affected Tambling's development bob.
Seems that approach was verry wrong for Tambling. He was clearly given games he didn't deserve for some time. Even last year under Dimma I reckon he was cut more slack than deserved. Easily could have played on 3/4s of the senior games he has. Likely would have for a good side. :-[

I always said he was gifted games. I tend to agree with you.

I have no idea why he was gifted games this year, one of the few things that had me scratching my head with Dimma, but alas, they obviously didn't rate him that highly to trade him out.

Don't be worried about Richie coming back to bite us on the arse. He lacks the ticker to do so. Watching Tambling play live, not only on tv was the most frustrating experience. To witness a guy in our jumper not give his all, is just pathetic. Glad he is gone.

Tigerbob said:
Don't be worried about Richie coming back to bite us on the arse. He lacks the ticker to do so. Watching Tambling play live, not only on tv was the most frustrating experience. To witness a guy in our jumper not give his all, is just pathetic. Glad he is gone.

Having seen it first hand this season I could not agree more.

Tigerbob said:
I have no idea why he was gifted games this year, one of the few things that had me scratching my head with Dimma, but alas, they obviously didn't rate him that highly to trade him out.

Going off the comments made and the fact they gave him a 2 year deal not long before (which had many of us questioning why given his form) I'd say it was more Tambling wanting out. Obviously something happened after that time and he cracked the sads. Maybe because he sent back to the VFL. Not sure if that was before or after though.

Agree with you about not coming back to bite us though. Tambling's potential talent has always been overrated because of where he was drafted, his junior form and who was drafted before him, IMO. Doesn't work hard enough or have the mental approach to take advantage of his limited talent. May play the odd good game but will never be a consistently good footballer. Happy he is gone too and after those comments, good riddance.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
he's just moved clubs, what did you expect him to say?

not really liking the way this thread has gone. classless

it's like hanging a guy and then cutting him down to do it again

let it go

there are a lot of guys who didn't get us into the finals off their own boot over the years. Bling is just one of them

DirtyDogTiger said:
it's like hanging a guy and then cutting him down to do it again

let it go

there are a lot of guys who didn't get us into the finals off their own boot over the years. Bling is just one of them

It's a long wait till Round 23. Good to get some vitriol out now, especially if you lost on the punt today.  ;D