Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

All my Christmas' have come at once.

May have been a nice guy, but he lacks the heart for putting in the effort required.

The deal we got for him was great. A compo pick that will be a dead set asset in trading or using in later drafts and pick 50 as a bonus which looks to still be able to net us a good junior. With our new recruiting initiatives we will be able to get a kid more suited to playing our style of football. A style that requires hard work and selfless acts.

Geez are you people still banging on about this bloke? He's gone now,we didn't get Buddy, we're not getting Buddy, get over it. :sleeping

Joe Lynn Turnip said:
Geez are you people still banging on about this bloke? He's gone now,we didn't get Buddy, we're not getting Buddy, get over it. :sleeping

its funny beside hack reporters just about the only people who mention buddy these days are those that say we should get over him.

Brodders17 said:
its funny beside hack reporters just about the only people who mention buddy these days are those that say we should get over him.

Yes I'm sure that has not a contributing factor at all to the fact there's over 200 pages devoted to the pro's and cons of just one player. ::)

If that were the case there'd be over 1000 pages on Bowden's 260 game career of soft unaccountable football that was a bigger blight on our team and it's culture than Tambling ever was, and it would still be going. Lucky for him he wasn't drafted 1 pick ahead of someone like Nick Riewoldt I guess.

Brodders17 said:

Exactly.

Joe Lynn Turnip said:
Yes I'm sure that has not a contributing factor at all to the fact there's over 200 pages devoted to the pro's and cons of just one player. ::)

If that were the case there'd be over 1000 pages on Bowden's 260 game career of soft unaccountable football that was a bigger blight on our team and it's culture than Tambling ever was, and it would still be going. Lucky for him he wasn't drafted 1 pick ahead of someone like Nick Riewoldt I guess.

Are you a tigers supporter?

Joe Lynn Turnip said:

Turnip .

Clearly many who have played the game disagreed seeing he was AA twice but let's not start that debate again .

Big Cat Lover said:
Are you a tigers supporter?

That old chestnut. Save that juvenile "you criticised a player I like, you're obviously not a real supporter" crap for the bottom feeders and mental midgets of Big Footy. I support Richmond Football Club, not "Insert my favourite player's names here" Football Club. I certainly don't feel obligated to praise players or coaches I feel were/are detrimental to the club.

Sintiger said:
Turnip .

Clearly many who have played the game disagreed seeing he was AA twice but let's not start that debate again .

Well seeing as you started off with a personal insult and the followed up with a pathetic "people who played AFL know better" inference, I won't heed your request not to go "down that road."

Bowden was a selfish , lazy footballer , who wasted his talent. His negative effect on the club was far greater than Tambling's who many here -rightly or wrongly- have levelled the exact same accusations of laziness and wasted talent (those who at least admit he had talent anyway) against.The fact that supposedly "astute" judges (who f.e.? Gerard Healy? :rofl) deemed him worthy of AA status on the basis of accumulating a stack of uncontested possessions that rarely hurt the opposition game after game really means sweet f.a. to me in the final wash-up. Other things like the fact that an almost equally talented player like Newman is only now just having that crap shaken out of him after years of Bowden's negative influence mean more. I stand by my comments.

FWIW, I think Tambling's comments , not too mention he's seemingly tacit agreement with that inbred idiot Cornes' comment about the club in that interview, are a disgrace and smack of appalling lack of graditute.

Either way, you can all discuss whatever the hell you like until the c(r)ows come home, just saying I don't understand why we need to keep going over it. He was one player who's on-field impact was fairly minimal for the most part. Played a few good ones, played a few shockers, played a lot of games that were neither here nor there. Looked good as a junior in the minor football of the NT and the second tier of the U'18's champs. Was taken too high , before a bloke who was regarded as unstable but has since won a Coleman and Premiership medal, because Wallace &co. thought a rebuild of our midfield was more urgent at the time. In the wonderful clarity hindsight, they were wrong. Still got Deledio and have picked Cothin, Martin and a Coleman Medalist of our own since. Helped get the club a couple of million dollars off-field. Now he plays for Adelaide. The End.

Joe Lynn Turnip said:
That old chestnut. Save that juvenile "you criticised a player I like, you're obviously not a real supporter" crap for the bottom feeders and mental midgets of Big Footy. I support Richmond Football Club, not "Insert my favourite player's names here" Football Club. I certainly don't feel obligated to praise players or coaches I feel were/are detrimental to the club.

Well seeing as you started off with a personal insult and the followed up with a pathetic "people who played AFL know better" inference, I won't heed your request not to go "down that road."

Bowden was a selfish , lazy footballer , who wasted his talent. His negative effect on the club was far greater than Tambling's who many here -rightly or wrongly- have levelled the exact same accusations of laziness and wasted talent (those who at least admit he had talent anyway) against.The fact that supposedly "astute" judges (who f.e.? Gerard Healy? :rofl) deemed him worthy of AA status on the basis of accumulating a stack of uncontested possessions that rarely hurt the opposition game after game really means sweet f.a. to me in the final wash-up. Other things like the fact that an almost equally talented player like Newman is only now just having that crap shaken out of him after years of Bowden's negative influence mean more. I stand by my comments.

FWIW, I think Tambling's comments , not too mention he's seemingly tacit agreement with that inbred idiot Cornes' comment about the club in that interview, are a disgrace and smack of appalling lack of graditute.

Either way, you can all discuss whatever the hell you like until the c(r)ows come home, just saying I don't understand why we need to keep going over it. He was one player who's on-field impact was fairly minimal for the most part. Played a few good ones, played a few shockers, played a lot of games that were neither here nor there. Looked good as a junior in the minor football of the NT and the second tier of the U'18's champs. Was taken too high , before a bloke who was regarded as unstable but has since won a Coleman and Premiership medal, because Wallace &co. thought a rebuild of our midfield was more urgent at the time. In the wonderful clarity hindsight, they were wrong. Still got Deledio and have picked Cothin, Martin and a Coleman Medalist of our own since. Helped get the club a couple of million dollars off-field. Now he plays for Adelaide. The End.
The turnip reference was to your PRE name ! I think you have misunderstood. Sorry if you took offence .

Sintiger said:
The turnip reference was to your PRE name ! I think you have misunderstood. Sorry if you took offence .

No worries. Assumed you were doing the old turn someone's username around on them thing. Don't want to reference the "other" board in consecutive posts, but I guess I've read too much of the place over the past few years. The "you're not a real fan" crap from that other poster didn't help my mood. ;)

Joe Lynn Turnip said:
No worries. Assumed you were doing the old turn someone's username around on them thing. Don't want to reference the "other" board in consecutive posts, but I guess I've read too much of the place over the past few years. The "you're not a real fan" crap from that other poster didn't help my mood. ;)
No problem . When I read it again , I see why you may have thought that .

I was pretty harsh on Bowden's last few years, but to say he offered less than Tambling is taking artistic license a bit far

Joe Lynn Turnip said:

I asked the question because the exaggeration of your post suggested otherwise. I doubt your rant would be given much time by any players, coaches, officials etc that were involved with the club in Bowdens time. he was a much respected team mate and player, recognised by his peers. I'm not to sure you'd get many agree he was detrimental to the club. You referenced Big footy, reckon your style is probably more suited there.

BTW, Joel was picked at CHB in the AA, not really a LMID role. The selectors obviously thought he was better than a cheap possesion gatherer, you were obvioulsy not on the panel?

Everybody needs to realize that over 6 years, he was lucky to have played 10 good games. Considering he was a top 5 pick, he had no influence in improving the club. I've seen 1st year players give more.
He will play better at the crows because they wont give him 6 years let alone 6 bad games..

I am just glad he is gone.

For his sake, he needs to realise playing AFL football isn't his right just because he was a talented junior, which is the way he seemed to treat much of his time at the RFC. Given what he served up this season and the way he left because it got too hard, he can get *smile*. I hope he fails at Adelaide.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Given what he served up this season and the way he left because it got too hard, he can get *smile*ed. I hope he fails at Adelaide.

Agreed, he is just another scum opposition player now that needs to be drilled!