Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Just got back from Tassie and having a hip operation/clean out with mike Prichard who most melb clubs use for the same operation. While I was down there I was informed that Tambling had the same operation during the year. Anyway apparently he asked and had the procedure done under a local not general and watched the who operation! :eek: and we all thought was soft!
Thought it was a good story I'd share

mtench said:
Just got back from Tassie and having a hip operation/clean out with mike Prichard who most melb clubs use for the same operation. While I was down there I was informed that Tambling had the same operation during the year. Anyway apparently he asked and had the procedure done under a local not general and watched the who operation! :eek: and we all thought was soft!
Thought it was a good story I'd share

He was probably hypnotised

thanks for the link disco.
richie, as always, comes across as a down-to-earth guy.
he didnt bag tiger fans, just said he felt a lot of pressure in his 1st 4 yrs. reasonable as a 18-21yo coming from where he has.
his only complaint bout the tigers was being moved around too much.
would have been interesting to hear him say more about this year, but he didnt.

one thing disco, ive often thought u give rawlings too much credit for tamblings 2009 form. he also played good football under wallace that year.

I believe RitchieT will do much better at the Crows. I don't care though if we win a flag sometime soon.

Brodders17 said:
he didnt bag tiger fans, just said he felt a lot of pressure in his 1st 4 yrs. reasonable as a 18-21yo coming from where he has.

one thing disco, ive often thought u give rawlings too much credit for tamblings 2009 form. he also played good football under wallace that year.

Agree he is a nice guy and can understand the pressure he felt, although I imagine all high draft picks feel pressure.
Don't know how he'd cope in finals if he can't cope with expectations and positional moves though.
Good players play well anywhere, make positions their own etc he's no great loss.

Really getting sick of hearing Richie blame everything else for his poor form. It was only really the last 18 months that I heard fans really get after him when his performances didn't meet expectations. I've also heard him blame the coaches for not giving him specific roles & the Buddy factor. Here is an idea, how about blaming himself. He was given more chances than most other players on our list and yet you don't hear all of them whinging and complaining about how everything is against them. Most of them just put their heads down and try and fight back.

The one thing I really didn't like in that interview was when Cornes piped up about how we don't deserve to follow the Tigers and all Richie could do was laugh. Surely he could have shown a little bit of class and said something like "Thats not right, for the most part they were pretty good, but like all clubs they have their supporters who are going to let their feeling known". Instead it just came across like he agreed with the clown.

Agreed Ruthless. He might be a great bloke and all that, but he's also a sook IMO. Didn't like where he was being played? That's no excuse to not give it 100%.

Brodders17 said:

Fair point. I've said often enough his 2009 season as a whole was good though. IMO, aside from the one game against Freo running off half back, all of Tambling's best games came while playing the attacking midfield role Rawlings gave him.

Great post Ruthless.

All year we have speculated that he's had injury problems but the truth has come out re his poor performances.

He was simply sooking.

If I'd known that I'd have joined in the bronx cheers.

Big Cat Lover said:
Agree he is a nice guy and can understand the pressure he felt, although I imagine all high draft picks feel pressure.
Don't know how he'd cope in finals if he can't cope with expectations and positional moves though.
Good players play well anywhere, make positions their own etc he's no great loss.

many others have struggled until they have been allowed to settle in a position. a couple of great examples IMO are Hodge and Goddard. both really improved once allowed to settle across HB. once established there they could continue their form around the ground.

also keep in mind he said he struggled with the pressure his 1st 3 or 4 years. as a 18-21yo. i think many do feel the pressure at that age, and many are affected by it.

Disco08 said:
Agreed Ruthless. He might be a great bloke and all that, but he's also a sook IMO. Didn't like where he was being played? That's no excuse to not give it 100%.
youve jumped ship quickly. not sure you can say he didnt give his all bc he didnt like where he was being played. as i said above many players struggle until settled in a posi. richie was never given that chance to settle in a position. him being traded doesnt mean the ops/interrupted preseason that youve written of many times didnt happen.

True, but now that it's out that he was disgruntled it seems obvious to me that this was the defining factor in a lit of his play this year. At the time none of us really had any idea he wanted out so injury was the only thing that made sense.

I wouldn't call it jumping ship either. I support the Tiges, not Richard Tambling.

Disco08 said:
I wouldn't call it jumping ship either. I support the Tiges, not Richard Tambling.

fair point. glad your not a whinging sook who is so upset his favourite player is gone that he spits the dummy and follows that player.
actually glad we dont have any posters like that on PRE at all. fans like that are the lowest of the low. lower than carlton supporters even.

Brodders17 said:
fair point. glad your not a whinging sook who is so upset his favourite player is gone that he spits the dummy and follows that player.
actually glad we dont have any posters like that on PRE at all. fans like that are the lowest of the low. lower than carlton supporters even.

Agree.

Disco08 said:
A bit more insight into why he wanted out from the horse's mouth.

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/audio_crows-star-recruit-richard-tambling_100069

Seems a terribly nice bloke. While I wish him luck, he'll need more than that when he's denied time & space and things aren't going the way he'd like. He shouldn't expect Crows supporters to be any more forgiving than ours, either.

Two words for Neil Craig cos I know he's reading this...

DUD! DELIST! (c) Baloo (whenever-whenever)

What always disappointed me most with Richie was his lack of awareness .

That being said he is an Adelaide player now so I don't really care.

Brodders17 said:
many others have struggled until they have been allowed to settle in a position. a couple of great examples IMO are Hodge and Goddard. both really improved once allowed to settle across HB. once established there they could continue their form around the ground.

They probably didn't struggle for 6 years though - don't recall Hodge really struggling although agree Goddard was under pressure to live up to the No. 1 tag early in his career albeit not for 6 years. One thing these guys have and have always had is a fierce will to win

For Tambling to be mentioned with those guys in the next couple of years he'd want to really get on his bike - I think he will go the way of other early picks like Fiora & Tenace, unable to really improve on their junior careers and an inability to cement a position. Personally think its to do with the determination to work hard enough to grasp the opportunity.

Jason King said:
He sure wont add anything to adelaides midfield thats for sure. He might replace scott stevens off half back or even go up forward, but neither are his strengths.

Who knows what the future holds for Ritchie, I held out great hope that he would come on, I now hope he doesn't either way he's Adelaides problem now.