Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

I enjoy your posts Scabby. I actually wish we had a resident poster from every other club like you.

As for the observations re Tambling - spot on. Exactly how I saw him.

Tambling will need to get over some psychological demons which inhibit his play in order to do well in Adelaide. If they can get him relaxed and have his mind right he will do well.

He deserves to be considered a failure at Richmond.

I find the psychological story an interesting one with Tambling. I think it's fascinating that a bloke who ticked all of the boxes in terms of a being a mature young kid with a good head on his shoulders and professional attitude failed to adjust to AFL despite ample opportunity over 6 seasons.

Whereas the other young talent taken in 2004, at pick five, and who is roundly considered precocious, a party animal, arrogant and of questionable attitude ends up being the one to have a champion's mentality on the ground.

Amazing the way psychology relates to elite sporting performance.

rosy23 said:
Have you ever been warned, suspended or had posts edited by the mods on PRE? I don't think so so I find the comment a bit strange and quite unecessary. Non-Richmond people are more than welcome to contribute as long as it's not just to troll for reactions. Nobody is banned or moderated for expressing opinions as long as they're within the site guidelines. Makes no difference which club they support.
Settle Rosella.I don,t think he was having a go at Pre.If anything it says more about how welcoming we are to "outsiders" compared to those sooks over in Bomberblitz. ;)

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Settle Rosella.I don,t think he was having a go at Pre.If anything it says more about how welcoming we are to "outsiders" compared to those sooks over in Bomberblitz. ;)

Yeah, I agree. I actually thought it was posted in jest.

That's what I got from it, I thought he was actually saying something nice about PRE not nasty Rosy!

No need to settle.  Perfectly reasonable to respond civilly, as I did, to comments naming myself in regard to banning.  Scabman has never even been remotely in danger of that on PRE and he's been here a long time and made many posts. Quite the opposite in fact. I've supported his right to post here when others have had a crack about it in the past.

Streak said:
Yeah, I agree. I actually thought it was posted in jest.

The following comments in response to Disco questioning the banning comments were an explanation of a post done in jest? Could have fooled me. :)

theScabman said:
I think I posted elsewhere that Bomberblitz banned me for a month in the minutes after the Hawks defeated Essendon this year, simply because I was a Hawk. I hadn't even posted about the game at that point, and for a time most of my other posts regarding neutral games got deleted straight up, regardless of how harmless they were(made no mention of Hawthorn or Essendon players or games).
So I understand the team specific boards can be pretty quick to wield the muzzle.

Would imagine Streak was referring to the first post of Scabman, not the second.

Reckon you've taken his comments too much to heart.

Mind you, if he'd seen what SP got away with, he'd never have felt reluctant to post what he did...

skybeau said:
Would imagine Streak was referring to the first post of Scabman, not the second. 

Mind you, if he'd seen what SP got away with, he'd never have felt reluctant to post what he did...

The second comment explained the first though.  It indicated, to me at least, that it wasn't made in jest. If it was there would be no need to explain his banning history or how quick some sites are to" wield the muzzle".    Not sure about taking it to heart.  If it's falsely alluded to that Scabman's tenure here was at risk for his comments the mods have every right to advise readers of the site that there was no basis to the concerns.  It would have needed no further comment if yourself, Streak and johnno didn't choose to chip in.

Hungry said:
Tambling will need to get over some psychological demons which inhibit his play in order to do well in Adelaide. If they can get him relaxed and have his mind right he will do well.

Don't think Tiger supporters will be doing anything to help Ambling relax next time he's at the G.

skybeau said:

If you reckon you can do a better job of it.........

Hungry said:
I find the psychological story an interesting one with Tambling. I think it's fascinating that a bloke who ticked all of the boxes in terms of a being a mature young kid with a good head on his shoulders and professional attitude failed to adjust to AFL despite ample opportunity over 6 seasons.

That's because he's a softcock and got no heart, you don't see this sort of stuff in the stats.

Apparently no one saw it in the interviews either mate. Agree though. He was sooking about something this year instead of putting his head down and honouring the jumper. There's only one word for dudes like that.

He's gone. He's no longer one of ours. I don't care what he does, until we play the Crows.

Baloo said:
He's gone. He's no longer one of ours. I don't care what he does, until we play the Crows.

He will sure know that he will be playing against Richmond, the supporters I know will certainly make him feel at home and give him a few home truths about his mental issues!

geoffryprettyboy said:
He will sure know that he will be playing against Richmond, the supporters I know will certainly make him feel at home and give him a few home truths about his mental issues!
Every Richmond Supporter to wear a Buddy Franklin mask,That should send him a clear message.

geoffryprettyboy said:

If he gets a game for the Crows.

Tigers of Old said:
If he gets a game for the Crows.

Yeah. If Hardwick and Wallace were Santa, Neil Craig is Scrooge. At least half the season at Woodville for RT.

rosy23 said:
No need to settle. Perfectly reasonable to respond civilly, as I did, to comments naming myself in regard to banning. Scabman has never even been remotely in danger of that on PRE and he's been here a long time and made many posts. Quite the opposite in fact. I've supported his right to post here when others have had a crack about it in the past.
Sorry Rosy, for the misunderstanding. CaptnJonno has nailed my thoughts though.
I was in no way casting any aspersions on you or your board. Merely stating that I'd copped my wack at BB for far less than I was about to say about one of your ex-Tiger boys, that's all.

For a public board, this place is ran pretty damn well, and that's with a great deal of effort from yourself, no doubt. I do enjoy being able to voice an outsiders opinion without being flamed for it which once agan is thanks to yourself, and even if someone does disagree with my thoughts most here handle themselves pretty well.
And I certainly didn't mean to offend or bring your moderating into question, that's for sure.

Once again, sorry for taking the thread off course.