Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Skills said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj3AmVO0DLw

So...excited to be starting a new career...back at home hey Richard?
Dont disgrace the #23.
He was in Sri Lanka so he meant getting back home to Australia.

Obviously wasn't rapt to be at Tigerland so good riddance. Might go some way towards explaining his poor form but I'm still at a loss to understand why he continued to be selected each week.

rosy23 said:
Obviously wasn't rapt to be at Tigerland so good riddance. Might go some way towards explaining his poor form but I'm still at a loss to understand why he continued to be selected each week.

I was also surprised with why he was selected each week based on his performance. We gave him every chance.

rosy23 said:

Exactly right Rosy. 'Good riddance' are the true words when looking at his enjoyment in getting traded. Going by his dialogue, I think Tambo was more a dud than I ever thought. Poor form was just a high 1st round pick being used to the extreme by Dimma until it proved he was worthless.

"New life".........yeah no worries...good luck in a team who's as vulnerable as.

Come on every one admit it now. Don't we want to see him dragged from the ground when we next play against the Crows. Or the Bronx cheers from the Adelaide faithful when he finally manages to collect a posession sometime during the last quarter? Yes I admit I'm a petty bitter little man, but at least I'm honest about it ;D

rosy23 said:

I cant understand all that excitement to play for a side that wont put up with his *smile* performances, so he better get use to the Sturt theme song.
Good bye and farewell King dud..

Well, he got to over 100 games and perhaps because he has kids they might be able to be drafted F/S before Richo ever has kids... :hihi

aaah the witness. how I'll miss you pretending to chase and being thereabouts at every contest.

rosy23 said:
Obviously wasn't rapt to be at Tigerland so good riddance.

No pleading from Hardwick to keep him at Richmond, really didn't see much in him and couldn't give a toss.

geoffryprettyboy said:
No pleading from Hardwick to keep him at Richmond, really didn't see much in him and couldn't give a toss.
I can more safely post these comments now, without fear of banning from Rosy(hopes), seeing as he's now flown west.....

From someone who has spotted talent over the last 10 years, and is still involved at an AFL club, it's their belief that Tambling is just never going to become the player that he was touted to be pre-draft. His decision making and skills under pressure just never lifted to the required level.
He's certainly not the first, and won't be the last highly touted youngster to not 'come on'.

I guess we'll see if the change of club makes any difference. I think the issue with Tambling is pretty concrete though.

I have to say from an outsiders perspective, I couldn't understand the games that he was seemingly gifted over the last 2 seasons.

Flame away.

rosy23 said:

Although his first reaction was interesting. I reckon he wasn't too happy, but put a positive spin on it.

theScabman said:
I can more safely post these comments now, without fear of banning from Rosy(hopes), seeing as he's now flown west.....

From someone who has spotted talent over the last 10 years, and is still involved at an AFL club, it's their belief that Tambling is just never going to become the player that he was touted to be pre-draft. His decision making and skills under pressure just never lifted to the required level.
He's certainly not the first, and won't be the last highly touted youngster to not 'come on'.

I guess we'll see if the change of club makes any difference. I think the issue with Tambling is pretty concrete though.

I have to say from an outsiders perspective, I couldn't understand the games that he was seemingly gifted over the last 2 seasons.

Flame away.

Geez mate, not sure why you'd worry about being banned for those comments.

FWIW, I disagree, as usual. IMO he had and displayed the talents you feel he lacked but for whatever reason wasn't able to produce them under Beavis.

theScabman said:

Flame away.

From an insiders perspective it was hard to understand as well. The only theory at the time was that the club was doing it to try and increase his trade value. As a tactic it would have worked brilliant last year (although he did deserve selection for the most part). This year it just seemed to devalue him. So who knows. I guess they were just being one hundred percent sure and didn't want to be left wondering. if as many suspected even during the season, that he would be traded at years end.

Disco08 said:
Geez mate, not sure why you'd worry about being banned for those comments.

FWIW, I disagree, as usual. IMO he had and displayed the talents you feel he lacked but for whatever reason wasn't able to produce them under Beavis.
I think I posted elsewhere that Bomberblitz banned me for a month in the minutes after the Hawks defeated Essendon this year, simply because I was a Hawk. I hadn't even posted about the game at that point, and for a time most of my other posts regarding neutral games got deleted straight up, regardless of how harmless they were(made no mention of Hawthorn or Essendon players or games).
So I understand the team specific boards can be pretty quick to wield the muzzle.

Anyway, I guess my feeling watching Tambling was that he looked like he lacked the concentration or endeavour of those around him. I remember watching a Richmond game where he gave a looping handball while under pressure to Foley or one of your other mids while running through the middle. The player in question had to take the ball above his head and was subsequently set up by his opponent and dumped to the ground, and even though Tambling was still within 3 metres of the contest, he showed no inclination to follow up and help out. He was in fact 3rd or 4th to the two players on the ground, who were still struggling to gain possession of the ball.
At that point I remember thinking 'Geez, son, if you're going to make it, you've got to show a bit more urgency at the ball, and when you *smile* up, at least have the ticker to get in there and try and remedy the situation'.
That may have been a harsh judgement at the time, but to me, he just looked like a kid who was playing senior football, but didn't quite understand what he should be bringing to the table.

Those comments about him being cooked come from someone who has seen a lot of players over time, but as you well know everyone can make mistakes in judgement.

theScabman said:

Agree with most of this. It was the seeming absence of any sense of urgency that frustrated the hell out of me.

My problem in 2011 is: Who will be the new whipping boy? I'm a fan of King, so not him. McGuane I guess...

Was that incident this year Scab? I reckon he played like someone who didn't want to be there all year. I'd hoped it was injury or something hampering him but from his reaction to hearing about the trade (and reading between the lines of some of the comments he made this year) I think his poor form was 100% attitude related.

theScabman said:
I think I posted elsewhere that Bomberblitz banned me for a month in the minutes after the Hawks defeated Essendon this year, simply because I was a Hawk. I hadn't even posted about the game at that point, and for a time most of my other posts regarding neutral games got deleted straight up, regardless of how harmless they were(made no mention of Hawthorn or Essendon players or games).
So I understand the team specific boards can be pretty quick to wield the muzzle.

Anyway, I guess my feeling watching Tambling was that he looked like he lacked the concentration or endeavour of those around him. I remember watching a Richmond game where he gave a looping handball while under pressure to Foley or one of your other mids while running through the middle. The player in question had to take the ball above his head and was subsequently set up by his opponent and dumped to the ground, and even though Tambling was still within 3 metres of the contest, he showed no inclination to follow up and help out. He was in fact 3rd or 4th to the two players on the ground, who were still struggling to gain possession of the ball.
At that point I remember thinking 'Geez, son, if you're going to make it, you've got to show a bit more urgency at the ball, and when you *smile* up, at least have the ticker to get in there and try and remedy the situation'.
That may have been a harsh judgement at the time, but to me, he just looked like a kid who was playing senior football, but didn't quite understand what he should be bringing to the table.

Those comments about him being cooked come from someone who has seen a lot of players over time, but as you well know everyone can make mistakes in judgement.
Can't see you getting banned for a whole month scabby one, maybe a week or two for bagging a recent Tiger hero. Had hoped the Blingsta would perform a fair bit better than he eventually did, my blind Tiger bias was rammed home fairly hard last week when my Geelong supporting brother praised the Tigers for finally getting rid of Bling. The words gutless lurker were about the only ones he used that could be put on here without me getting a six month or maybe permanent ban. He was surprised the Crowbaits were willing to give up two picks of whatever value for him, reckons he'd be lucky to last two seasons in Adelaide unless he has a major overhaul of his approach to footy.

theScabman said:

Flame away.

Absolutely nailed it Scabby. Dont think anybody on here will flame you.

theScabman said:

Have you ever been warned, suspended or had posts edited by the mods on PRE? I don't think so so I find the comment a bit strange and quite unecessary. Non-Richmond people are more than welcome to contribute as long as it's not just to troll for reactions. Nobody is banned or moderated for expressing opinions as long as they're within the site guidelines. Makes no difference which club they support.