Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Is it right to suggest that what we got for Tambling is not a great deal different from what Geelong got for Ablett?

jb03 said:
Is it right to suggest that what we got for Tambling is not a great deal different from what Geelong got for Ablett?
Only if we both use those picks this year or next, and even then they get an extra one. From 2012 the Cats get a mid-first-round pick plus one straight after their own first rounder. So if they finish 9th they will have picks 10, 11 (their first-rounder), 12, while we would have our first-rounder plus pick 20 at best.

Cats get two round-one draft selections after their 1st round pick in the draft(s) of their choice (draft must be nominated prior to the season)

We get pick 19 or so in a draft of our choice (nominate prior to season, eg: 2012) and pick 50 in this 2010 draft.

I think... yeah what he said.

Hope we are not paying any of his salary over the next 2 years given he was still contracted !!

Tiger74 said:
On SEN nixon said he approached tambling back in jun or jul, saying he should look at a new club for a fresh start.

I'm not sure if he initially wanted to stay in Melbourne. I've heard that two months ago he took a trip to the sunny gold coast to have a meeting with the suns. It seems he was exploring his options, not sure if he met with any vic teams.

snaps truly said:
I'm not sure if he initially wanted to stay in Melbourne. I've heard that two months ago he took a trip to the sunny gold coast to have a meeting with the suns. It seems he was exploring his options, not sure if he met with any vic teams.

in the interview, Nixon said after he said Tambling should consider his options, they sat down and compiled a list of clubs that would suit him

they had the Saints, the Crows, and one other club on the list (forget who it was)

Tiger74 said:
in the interview, Nixon said after he said Tambling should consider his options, they sat down and compiled a list of clubs that would suit him

they had the Saints, the Crows, and one other club on the list (forget who it was)

Tiwi Bombers

shame he went ..................will most probably star at adelaide ,just like rodan at port

schuey2003 said:
shame he went ..................will most probably star at adelaide ,just like rodan at port

Major differences...
Rodan keeps his feet, can get in and out of packs, drives the ball long, is brave, is hard at the ball, takes on the player without turning the ball over, can take a hit and doesn't get monstered off the ball.

Tambling is not in the same league as Rodan and will not star at the Crows.

Rodan was delisted based on poor medical advice. Tambling was traded because of consistently poor on-field performance. Big difference.

Juffaricho said:
Rodan was delisted based on poor medical advice. Tambling was traded because of consistently poor on-field performance. Big difference.

I think the medical advice was fine, Rodan and Port just got lucky.

Actually I think Rodan just pulled his finger out after being one of the last, if not the last players picked up in the draft after being delisted
He's even admitted as such

schuey2003 said:

Rodan's not a star. All of Martin, Cotchin, Deledio are more consistent and better players than Rodan. Rodan can put in pearlers but he is way too inconsistent to be called a star.

GoodOne said:
Rodan's not a star. All of Martin, Cotchin, Deledio are more consistent and better players than Rodan. Rodan can put in pearlers but he is way too inconsistent to be called a star.
Rodan does very little different at Port to what he did at Richmond, it's the players around him that make him look better. You're also correct GO he's fairly inconsistent. Another club with a different playing style may suit Richard better and I hope he has a successful career at Adelaide, he just wasn't the right fit for the Tigers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj3AmVO0DLw

So...excited to be starting a new career...back at home hey Richard?
Dont disgrace the #23.