Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

I think we need to look beyond what pick WE got Tambling for in analysing whether we got a good deal or not.

Lets be honest, Richie in his 6 years and 100+ games has hardly set the world on fire. His only claim to fame is finishing 4th in last year's B&F, in a side that was hopeless....hardly something to get too excited about. To put that into context Daniel Jackson, a guy with deficiencies that are continually debated around here came second in the B&F and Cousins only finished just behind Tambling despite missing 7 games. IMO his 2009 year has been greatly overrated (although I am sure stats will be wheeled out to try and prove me wrong :hihi).

He followed that up with a shocking year this year, where he was lucky to play as many games as he did.

It appears that the list of potential suitors was thin, and that is understandable given what he has shown. The Crows obviously believe they can get more out of him than we have, but they have taken a risk in giving away 2 picks in hope that they can.

I am happy with it. If richie produces the form he did in 2009, then I won't be unhappy- I reckon it has been overblown around here anyway. I doubt very much whether he can meet that level again, let alone exceed it.

the crows will find out sure enough that RT plays the way he wants, when he wants to run and chase he does when he doesnt he wont.
when asked to play hard contested, accountable footy he just cant do it and lucky for us we finally have a coach with balls to do something about it regardless of where we drafted him. Its no wonder RT wanted a trade - he always takes the soft option

RT still thinks he is playing with his mates back home, half hearted efforts and highlight reels....

Well done DH if other coaches of the RFC had your guts we wouldnt have been down for so long,

"Hopefully I can fulfil my potential and get out there for the Adelaide Football Club and show the world what I was drafted for," he added.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103843/default.aspx

And what, you couldn't do that anywhere else? ::)

I like you Tambo but if you couldn't do what you think that you could at our club, how long is the motivation going to last at a new club?

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Lets be honest, Richie in his 6 years and 100+ games has hardly set the world on fire. His only claim to fame is finishing 4th in last year's B&F, in a side that was hopeless....hardly something to get too excited about. To put that into context Daniel Jackson, a guy with deficiencies that are continually debated around here came second in the B&F and Cousins only finished just behind Tambling despite missing 7 games. IMO his 2009 year has been greatly overrated (although I am sure stats will be wheeled out to try and prove me wrong :hihi).

You don't need stats to know his form after Rawlings took over was very good. :) Even overall despite some poor performances early on it was a good year. Not great but certainly good and enough to consider him a part of our future.

We certainly got a good deal though. Very poor recent form, injury concerns, psychological concerns and wanted out - we were very lucky to get what we got IMO. Pick 19 in 2012 could turn out to be a real treasure.

Disco08 said:
We certainly got a good deal though. Very poor recent form, injury concerns, psychological concerns and wanted out - we were very lucky to get what we got IMO. Pick 19 in 2012 could turn out to be a real treasure.

on this we agree. ;D

On SEN nixon said he approached tambling back in jun or jul, saying he should look at a new club for a fresh start.

Said some tigers supporters are okay, but there were some who wouldn't forgive over franklin (words to that effect)

Tiger74 said:
On SEN nixon said he approached tambling back in jun or jul, saying he should look at a new club for a fresh start.

Said some tigers supporters are okay, but there were some who wouldn't forgive over franklin (words to that effect)

Yeah he also said, but make sure you first sign up for another 2 years so I can still get my commission.

GoodOne said:
Yeah he also said, but make sure you first sign up for another 2 years so I can still get my commission.
Good point. As his manager, would he have been better off advising his client not to sign the contract with Richmond? What if we had not have been able to arrange a trade for him? He would still be at Richmond playing in front of those horrible supporters who have never forgiven him for being picked ahead of Franklin in 2004.

Roll on 2011 when the new improved Tambling playing off a half back flank is tagged by Jake King.

This I gotta see !!

Tiger74 said:

does the club have any way they can get rid of this wanker managing our players? It appears Nixon thinks very little of the RFC and it's supporters and obviously had a word to tambling and turned him against us. I fear that this prick will be a negative influence towards us with Jack and Dustin, who are our 2 biggest prospects.

Harry said:
does the club have any way they can get rid of this wanker managing our players?

Isnt it up to the players to decide who they want to manage them?

GoodOne said:

gee that really makes him look incompetent in hindsight

Why is there so much conjecture about what we got compensated, if he was at another club and wanted to come to us. What would you give up?
Personally for me he is nothing under 35 or a straight swap for a Polo or White.
I'm happy with what we got because this could've turned really ugly if his poor form continued into next season, farewell to him. and i hope his great form continues in crows colors..

smasha said:
A win/win for both clubs.

All the best to Tambling on your playing future. :clap

The drier,warmer conditions will suit him I reckon.
He has been haunted by the Franklin trade ever since he was at Tigerland.

Hopefully this removes the shackles.

P.S. Two nice picks for us.

And for PRE!

The Spanish Omelette will now flake off and vex the Crows site.

Harry said:
does the club have any way they can get rid of this wanker managing our players? It appears Nixon thinks very little of the RFC and it's supporters and obviously had a word to tambling and turned him against us. I fear that this prick will be a negative influence towards us with Jack and Dustin, who are our 2 biggest prospects.

i would have thought it was supporters on several occasions booing him that might have done that.

i like Tambo and think he does have talent, all the best for the future to him and his family. A genuine and humble guy.