Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

If Andy Krak is worth pick 25 and Sherman 21 it puts the Bling trade in perspective.

Lets just hope for the sake of his career he looks within himself and addresses his own weaknesses, rather than blame external factors for his failures like his manager and many apologists around here have. Otherwise, his time at the Crows will be short and unfulfilling.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
If Andy Krak is worth pick 25 and Sherman 21 it puts the Bling trade in perspective.

I would rate Sherman higher than Tambling...IMO he has had a better career than Richie has.

As for Krak, aren't the vermin getting two players- Krak and some other for pick 25?

Punxsutawney Phil said:
As for Krak, aren't the vermin getting two players- Krak and some other for pick 25?

John Ceglar, who I don't know is a set of steak knives or has genuine vaule

U2Tigers said:
Good luck Ritchie. I for one am a fan.

IMO injury and Wallace cruelled your time at Richmond.

I certainly won't be booing you. I wish him all the best.

agree Adelaide may see him replacing McLeod in his spot.

Fair deal.

Disappointing, but understandable and well done to the club for making a tough decision and getting it done. Perhaps a signal that it's not enough to play on potential?

mk33 said:
agree Adelaide may see him replacing McLeod in his spot.

Except that McLeod was a genuine matchwinner and champion who was tearing Grand Finals apart as a kid. Not to mention incredibly consistent long-term performer, mentally tough as nails and not prone to injuries.

I like Richie too but he still has a few light years to travel before arriving at McLeod status.

Tigers of Old said:
173683.jpg

So much hope in 2004 and now Richie's gone.

The fab 5 of 2004 is now just one. Lids is a ripper too thank heavens.

Lesson learned taper expectations of draftees until they have actually achieved something of note.

Who's the old fella? Any good?

kiwitiger said:
That whole draft was a disaster for us ,not just Tambling, 4 picks inside 20 ,

With only one player left to show for it.

Agree, he had to have pick 1 to get it right. Although I must say that a lot of the other top 20 picks of that year haven't set the world on fire either, only Griffin and Franklin have become elite. It would have been very nice to have got Lids and Griffin.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
The venom some posters have spit here on Tambling makes me think they must lead a miserable life.

Agree.
It's not fair what was said about Richie.

U2Tigers said:
Good luck Ritchie. I for one am a fan.

IMO injury and Wallace cruelled your time at Richmond.

I certainly won't be booing you. I wish him all the best.

+ 1

I wish Bling all the best. I hope this fresh start helps him finally get to play the footy we know we can on a more consistent basis. I hope that this can come through the crows playing him in one position on the ground and settle hime there. He tried his best at the richmond footy club and more a number of reasons over the time didn't allow him to perform at his best the whole time. Getting away from melbourne may help him to blossom.

Sir said:
Aw gee

Tambling out - after being picked in 2004!

Can anyone name 3 winning games that he influenced?

I wish him the best (purely because he didn't do anything "wrong")

But - all this feel good - "gee he tried really hard" CRUD is over-whelming!

He never lived up to it - and DARE I suggest - if he wasn't aboriginal - he would COP a hounding (fairly) like no man who has ever donned the yellow and black.

FAREWELL - NO LOSS! :clap

:star :star :star :star :star Spot on.

Col.W.Kurtz said:

i know... we got screwed!!! (not really)

Tigerflag2008 said:
We still have Polo...

til next week. this is the saddest out of all them all coz i genuinely believe polo has talent.

Nixons stance was pathetic, embarrasing, and ultimately *smile*. He of all people know that this is pro footy. sooking about a few, justified, bronx cheers, good grief. RT asking to be traded is dissapointing too, we've cut him as much slack as could be cut, and given every support. As I've said before, just not quite good enough. A good trade I reckon.

How is it that Krakouer is going to be traded for a higher draft pick than Tambling. I really feel we are selling him off too cheap. To think McLean went for pick 9 last year or whatever it was.

Not sure I am overly convinced we got a deal here.
Surely Tambling was worth a pick inside 20.
He will absolutely star next to thomo vince knights, perfect fit, good luck.

tiger_25 said:
How is it that Krakouer is going to be traded for a higher draft pick than Tambling. I really feel we are selling him off too cheap. To think McLean went for pick 9 last year or whatever it was.

A player is worth what someone is willing to pay for them, no more no less.

GoodOne said:
A player is worth what someone is willing to pay for them, no more no less.

Yep. Hopefully Essendon and Carlton realise that today and let us finalise our trading before the weekend.