Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Yep, the other angle for looking at this decision is not only in terms of what we give and what we get in return, but the message it sends to the playing list.

To those that have played footy and watched Tambling you would know that he plays scared which is unfortunate as I was always wanting him to be the player we wanted. Could never achieve the standard required because of this one basic deficiency - hopefully he visits the Wizard of OZ in SA to collect what's required.

Tigermad2005 said:
I will ask it again are we paying his contract?

I don't think any of us know the answer.  I certainly we aren't though.

He was on a 2 year 250k deal. I doubt Adelaide would need us to pay that for him.

Under Hardwick's game plan Tambo finally realised that AFL is a full contact sport. Never did like the hard stuff. Nowhere to hide with Hardwick. Fwiw I think he needed a fresh start and all the best to him. I 'm well happy with what we got in return.

Probably was a top 20 pick last year, top 30 this year. Right move by both parties. A little sad to see him go, purely for the potential-tag.

Sad we couldn't develop him, he's certainly not the first.

I was not around this year to witness his decline, so don't harbour the same level of disrespect as others.

Rapt with the picks, really hope we can keep them for the draft.

Judge Smailes said:
unfortunately I live in SA, and will have to deal with reading about it EVERY DAY that he does something good.

If not, I will just have to punch every Crow supporter I know. Of which there are many. :p

Sorry you live in SA, start punchin !

A win/win for both clubs.

All the best to Tambling on your playing future. :clap

The drier,warmer conditions will suit him I reckon.
He has been haunted by the Franklin trade ever since he was at Tigerland.

Hopefully this removes the shackles.

P.S. Two nice picks for us.

Aw gee

Tambling out - after being picked in 2004!

Can anyone name 3 winning games that he influenced?

I wish him the best (purely because he didn't do anything "wrong")

But - all this feel good - "gee he tried really hard" CRUD is over-whelming!

He never lived up to it - and DARE I suggest - if he wasn't aboriginal - he would COP a hounding (fairly) like no man who has ever donned the yellow and black.

FAREWELL - NO LOSS! :clap

Tigers2011 said:
Biggest shame here is that after 5 years, we're trading a No 4 draft pick who didn't deliver to the standard we needed. I know player drafting is not easy, but we can't afford these situations to ever happen again. Whether it be the initial selection or the poor development coaching, these areas must be fixed (if they haven't been already).

That whole draft was a disaster for us ,not just Tambling, 4 picks inside 20 ,

With only one player left to show for it.

Told my wife I don't need any Xmas presents this year. The Richmond footy club just delivered it :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
The venom some posters have spit here on Tambling makes me think they must lead a miserable life.

This sure is a kick in the guts to all the 'yellow-and-black' "experts" lurking in the dark out there

- more in the dark than ever!

Congratulations Richard on getting the fresh start that you have thoroughly earnt !!

173683.jpg

So much hope in 2004 and now Richie's gone.

The fab 5 of 2004 is now just one. Lids is a ripper too thank heavens.

Lesson learned taper expectations of draftees until they have actually achieved something of note.

Tigers of Old said:
173683.jpg

So much hope in 2004 and now Richie's gone.

The fab 5 of 2004 is now just one. Lids is a ripper too thank heavens.

Lesson learned taper expectations of draftees until they have actually achieved something of note.

Yep. Such hope after that draft. Was personally over the moon about snaring Lids and Bling. Oh well. 5 picks in the top 20. 1 remains.

Best of luck Richie.

Panthera tigris FC said:
Yep. Such hope after that draft. Was personally over the moon about snaring Lids and Bling. Oh well. 5 picks in the top 20. 1 remains.

Best of luck Richie.

Just shows what a gamble even the early picks are. And before the hind sighters say we shoulda picked players x, y and z, based on junior form Tambling was a worthy choice but for whatever reasons he didn't develop into a gun AFL player at Punt Road. Good luck Ritchie!

Heres hoping the picks we got turn out to be an upgrade on what we had

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
The venom some posters have spit here on Tambling makes me think they must lead a miserable life.

Same applies to venom directed towards other players and PREnders too. Personal abuse is becoming a bit too common on this site.