Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

alot of people seem to have forgotten that Tambling was drafted from DIVISION 2 of the under 18 comps..... should never have been a top 30 pick let alone a top 4 pick :mad:

JR8 said:
That's right jb.

I heard Kevin Sheehan the other day on SEN and he said the first 50 players in this years draft are as good as any other draft in recent years. Did not think its a watered down draft at all.

some recruiter said the same thing in one of the papers

tigertough12 said:
alot of people seem to have forgotten that Tambling was drafted from DIVISION 2 of the under 18 comps..... should never have been a top 30 pick let alone a top 4 pick :mad:

:spin

Jack Reiwoldt was a division 2 player taken in the first round. Does that upset you too?

very pleased with the deal we achieved in trading Richie. pick at end of 1st round & Crows 3rd round pick can hopefully be well utilised.

Apart from the position normally played, when i watch Richie i see a Leon Davis Mark II. just feel he would of gone the same way if we kept him.

Rockster said:
i will miss this thread now that he's gone ,

I thought I'd merge all the Tambling threads now Richie is no longer a Tiger but then found out there are 4 pages of them on DyerTribe alone. Some of them are mighty long threads too. If they were merged it would possibly be the longest thread on PRE.

evo said:
Adelaide were short changed for Bock I suspect.

They've passed the short changing onto to us.

Pick 50 isn't worth anything.

According to the experts on the youngsters (Kevin Sheehan etc), they're saying the first 50 players in this years draft are as strong as ever.

Disco08 said:
:spin

Jack Reiwoldt was a division 2 player taken in the first round. Does that upset you too?
I think Jack`s cousin was a division 2 player as well.

Disco08 said:
So essentially Adelaide's footy department was unable to see what you can? Otherwise surely they'd have kept the picks, right?

Correct.

Fair enough Leysy and good onya for backing your own judgment over that of a very successful and well funded AFL club.

michael roach said:
I think Jack`s cousin was a division 2 player as well.

Yeah Cyril Rioli another recent Div 2 player and if my memory serves me correctly RICHO was a Div 2 player with Tasmania way back in the early 90's. So was your mouth out TT12!

I've always supported Bling and realise that for him this is probably the best for him and for us. Maybe he is a little mentally weak because maybe he can not get over all the comments about being taken over Franklin and maybe that perceived pressure will be alleviated now by going to another club.

We got a couple of picks for him he got to another club a win all round and good luck to him and he can't be another Rodan because we delisted Rodan didn't trade him.

Disco08 said:
Fair enough Leysy and good onya for backing your own judgment over that of a very successful and well funded AFL club.

Leysy's siding with St Kilda, Geelong among other footy depts who didnt deem him worth a mid 20's pick.

You obviously believe you know more than their footy depts if you think he's worth that??

I've said at least 3 or 4 times I didn't think he was worth more than a 3rd rounder after the year he had.

I don't believe I know more than Eastlake's footy department, let alone an AFL club's.

IrockZ said:
Glad he is gone.

LOL at the Tambling apoligists

Don't laugh at us. At least we can help you feel like you're better and smarter than others.

Disco08 said:
Very good return for a player who came near last in the 15th team's B&F. Not sure a player with glaring long-term limitations would have secured an excellent return after such a bad year also compounded by injury concerns.

All I can say is lucky Adelaide were interested because as it turns out no-one else was. Am also very happy with the end result. I like others do wish Tambling the best though, have thought for a while now a change of scenery is his best chance of success after all the luggage he's accumulated in 6 years at the Tigers.

JR8 said:
heard Kevin Sheehan the other day on SEN and he said the first 50 players in this years draft are as good as any other draft in recent years. Did not think its a watered down draft at all.

What if he's wrong?

good trading. everyone had hopes that tambling would be a consistent a grader for us but we can't live in hope. he's had 6 full seasons and the number of pages in this thread tells you that he hasn't delivered on that hope. yes he has some talent but he also has some serious flaws in his game. right move by the club to trade him considering he doesn't want to be here any longer. wish him all the best but more importantly our recruiting guys need to have done their homework and pick a couple of good players for us with these picks. as we are in a rebuilding phase we had to take the risk with the picks - we cannot afford to be conservative and need to fully utilise the next few drafts, compromised or not.

I'm really warming to holding onto the compo pick until 2012. 19 in an uncompromised draft is a lot better than 30 this year if you think about it. We can still stockpile picks by trading Thursfield and even Foley if we really want to.

GoodOne said:
All I can say is lucky Adelaide were interested because as it turns out no-one else was.

It was reported regularly that multiple clubs were interested. The media was on the mark with Adelaide so I see no reason to doubt that info either. Tambling would have stifled interest somewhat by nominating Adelaide though.

GoodOne said:
All I can say is lucky Adelaide were interested because as it turns out no-one else was. Am also very happy with the end result. I like others do wish Tambling the best though, have thought for a while now a change of scenery is his best chance of success after all the luggage he's accumulated in 6 years at the Tigers.

Houli and his manager (and Miller and his manager too I guess) are likely saying the same thing about Richmond. It seems often the case where only only other club is interested in a player.