Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Have been having a think over this one while destroying some satay chicken and veggies.
For years Richmond have held onto players until they were a corpse in footballing terms. We had to be sure that it couldn’t come back and haunt us. As Disco and Evo point out there is a chance that Tambling puts it together for a full season and becomes a super player. But Richmond have made a aggressive list decision and are trying to get better by making tough calls and buying into a rebuild through the draft. For that I can only commend the club and hope it continues. It is a calculated risk that I am glad we have taken.

And good luck to Richard Tambling, he did nothing wrong at Richmond and I hope he finds happiness at the Crows.

skiptomystu said:
That's certainly what I'd be looking at for Thursfield....is this a little unrealistic???

Will Thursfield + Bock Compo
for
Pick 20 + Pick 41???

So basically, if Freo decide to hang onto that pick until 2012, that basically equals there Pick 20.....so essentially making it Pick 41 for Will Thursfield.

Reckon that could be a possibility??

Would give us....

6, 20, 32, 41, 49, 53, 66, 83.

At least it is in play. Things are wide open after this deal, we can get involved in making other deals happen.

Good times, good business.

Agree Scoop. Have to make hard decisions sometimes. McGuane, Nahas, Polo etc. won't get us anything useful.

SCOOP said:
And good luck to Richard Tambling, he did nothing wrong at Richmond and I hope he finds happiness at the Crows.

Oh SNAP!

Someone really needs to do photoshop of Tambling's head on Will Smith's body on the cover of "The Pursuit of Happiness"

good bye, good riddence :clap, one of the most over rated and well protected players in the comp 8) :,
even sanchez showed more heart and skill than the witness..... :cutelaugh

Tango said:

I always suspected it, but now you've just confirmed that you have no idea.

imagine we get bitten on the darren glass twice by this guy and he becomes a star for adelaide, unlikely i know, but imagine. think i would neck myself if that happened

Reasonable deal. Too early to say whether it's good or bad. Seems fair on what we have seen to date from this player.
I'm disappointed to see him go as he's clearly a nice guy and has some skills but there's obviously a lot going on in that head of his.
If he can shake the monkey off his back he might end up a reasonable player but I'm fairly confident he'll never be the next Andrew McLeod that we had hoped he would be.
Adios p4 2004.

SCOOP said:
For years Richmond have held onto players until they were a corpse in footballing terms. We had to be sure that it couldn’t come back and haunt us.

Good call there Scoop. Agree. We need to be decisive with players not in our future plans. Expected to receive just the one pick at the end of the first round, so pick 50 is a bonus and golddust can be found in the middle of the draft. Increases our %s of getting a few beauties with our mid range picks...

It was clearly the best move for both player and club. Richie has been bearing a big cross at Togerland, so should benefit from the change. I won't begrudge him a decent future if he can find it. Was always a gent at the club functions from what I saw. This trade fits very well with our strategy and I hope now the recruitment team to deliver the goods

The Crows think they have secured a david Rodan mark 2 :cutelaugh
Absolutely rapt that we got 2 picks for him, that's great wheeling and dealing tigers. Now don't go crazy and loose the 1st pick on another Tambling type.. once again well done C.C

Baloo said:
I always suspected it, but now you've just confirmed that you have no idea.

really Baloo, u obviously rated RT, good thing that DH didnt

evo said:
Pick 50 isn't worth anything.

I think is is a good bonus as I didn't expect to get a second pick.

Pick 50 while not a great pick still gives as a chance to get a solid player if FJ gets it right. And the way some people have been talking about picking up Miller as the final Rookie pick at over 100 they might see pick 50 as gold. 8)

Tango said:
good bye, good riddence :clap, one of the most over rated and well protected players in the comp 8) :,
What do you recon we will get for sanchez anyway?

Disco08 said:
While he certainly looked to jog at some very inappropriate times he definitely wasn't afraid to put his body on the line when he was a part of a contest. Even some of the bigger detractors concede that.

I think you're wrong and "definitely" is a big call.  Make it sometimes definiately but there were certainly occasions when it was an issue.  As I already said I doubt you'd notice what I was referring to on telly.  I don't either.  I'm confident others at the ground know what I mean, in fact some in our reserved area were very vocal about it.

I'm not bagging Richard but I'm not blind to his deficiencies either.  He needs to get his act together for his career to end up successfuly.   I hope he does.  It appears on face value though that those in the know didn't fight too hard to hold him at the club.  

I am rapt with this result.

It became pretty clear this season that his future was in serious doubt. As most players improved, Richard just stood still.

I thought maybe the Suns might want him, just to get another player with AFL experience on their list. Other wise, I doubted any other clubs would want him, or at least be prepaired to give up much for him. I thought a 2nd round pick would be about the best you could get.

To get two picks, and one of them a 1st round pick plus a 3rd round is fantastic, and more than my personal expectations.

Excellent for our club to be able to move Richard on while he is worth something to someone. Another year or two and he would be worthless.

And to be able to get two more kids at that level of the draft is great. And it is a real bonus to get the Bock pick. No way I thought they would give that up. Fantastic to have the flexibility to use it when we think it will be of most benefit.

So glad we are one of the clubs these days getting the draft picks to get kids, instead of trading picks away pick for other clubs discards as we did for years. We are finally on the right path to building a strong list with depth.

Well done Tigers.

And all the best Richard. Nothing personal, but it is the best for him and us. I don't think he will suddenly become any better in Adel. He just doesn't seem to have what it takes inside, that real passion and desire to be a top player unfortunately for him and us.

Happy with the deal rapt it was done early why stuff around now we move on to the next one and richie all the best in ur new endevour hope it all goes well for you and the family and thank you for your time at punt road