Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

rosy23 said:
There's one thing that didn't show on telly but was glaringly obvious at the ground if you paid close notice. There were many times Richie didn't exactly try to get to a contest no matter how hard he tried to make out he was giving his all. Kayne Pettifer was the other expert at it. No matter how talented a player is it's a concerning habit that could cost bigtime when 100% commitment to the ball is needed.

Very true Rosy. People who only see games on tv don't realise this. He's not called the Witness and Ambling for nothing.

rosy23 said:
Was well past his use-by-date at Tigerland.

I reckon, largely thanks to his managers comments, Richie will cop massive Richmond supporter backlash when we play the Crows. If he's so upset by it now he'd better pull a sickie when we're due to meet next season.

I reckon he will turn it on against us, has the talent when motivated

Col.W.Kurtz said:
I reckon he will turn it on against us, has the talent when motivated

Only time will tell. One thing for sure is he'd be no use to us if he had another season like his last one.

rosy23 said:
Only time will tell. One thing for sure is he'd be no use to us if he had another season like his last one.

Agree totally. If bling wins the brownlow then it was still right to trade him because he wouldn't have done that with us

velo said:
Very true Rosy. People who only see games on tv don't realise this. He's not called the Witness and Ambling for nothing.

You could see it very well on TV. The names were funny and appropriate as I've said before, but it's also no coincidence that they weren't used once on this site between round 5 last year and round 1 this year.

Shame we couldn't get any interest out of Brisbane with Clark up for grabs.

Re: Tambling Done Deal.

Disco Stu said:
Agree, I'm still trying to work out where the first rounder came from.

Adelaide's GC compensation pick for Bock. A pick between 27 and 30 depends if other clubs activate their comp picks this draft. Adelaide's pick 50 (currently) but may become 54 depending on comp picks used

Crumpet_Avenger said:
thanks ya overated hack. hopefully we get the next buddy as we shoulda earlier

I hate it when people say this. WE WERE NEVER AFTER FRANKLIN. We were going to get Roughhead at 4. Tambling was set to go at pick 2, Hawthorn instead took Roughead at 2, then we pounced at pick 4. Franklin had a terrible draft camp. Tambling had a great one. There was no "who should we get Franklin? Tambling?" Then on a snap judgement went Tambling. It was either Roughhead or Tambling.

As far as pick 4 went he was all we were left with. It's not his fault he just wanted to play football.

Reckon we have won out on this deal. It may come back to bite us but the truth is that Richie was going nowhere at the Tiges. Hope he does well at the Crows and cab fulfill his potential. Good luck.

Disco08 said:
You could see it very well on TV. The names were funny and appropriate as I've said before, but it's also no coincidence that they weren't used once on this site between round 5 last year and round 1 this year.

That's when we observed it most actually. Didn't get to too many games this year.  There were times we watched at the ground then watched the replay and his lack of effort off the ball, and his efforts to make out he was giving his all to get there but just failing, certainly didn't always show on telly.

Never forget the day listening to the fraft on the net at work & when Hawks read out Rougheads name & it dawned on me that we would get Tambling.I was wrapt & thought how good is this.Oh well,good reslt for us today though all things considered.

geoffryprettyboy said:
On a serious note I wish him all the best in Adelaide and hope he never overcomes his injury issues.

You're all heart geoffry. :eek:

rosy23 said:
That's when we observed it most actually. Didn't get to too many games this year. There were times we watched at the ground then watched the replay and his lack of effort off the ball, and his efforts to make out he was giving his all to get there but just failing, certainly didn't always show on telly.

If he wasn't trying 100% during that time one can only imagine how good he'll be if he ever does.

Pick 30 and Pick 54. Doesnt seem much to me.

Sherman is attracting pick 21 currently.

Tambling is a much better player than Sherman.

When Carlton land a pick under 20 for Walker and his wonky shoulders, this deal for Tambling is going to look disappointing IMO.

If they can land a couple more picks it'll look good as pick 19/20 in the 2012 draft.

rosy23 said:
There's one thing that didn't show on telly but was glaringly obvious at the ground if you paid close notice. There were many times Richie didn't exactly try to get to a contest no matter how hard he tried to make out he was giving his all.

Might explain his pathetic efforts at times last year. Oldie and I both made the comment that the way he jogged along behind the play, it looked like he had no interest in the outcome what so ever.

Dunno what the underlying issues were, but if he reckons this new start will release the Buddy Demons I reckon he's in for a rude shock. Running away from reality only papers over the cracks. Good luck to him, but my guess is he is mentally soft, might be a great guy, but that won't help you make it in league football.

rosy23 said:
There's one thing that didn't show on telly but was glaringly obvious at the ground if you paid close notice. There were many times Richie didn't exactly try to get to a contest no matter how hard he tried to make out he was giving his all. Kayne Pettifer was the other expert at it. No matter how talented a player is it's a concerning habit that could cost bigtime when 100% commitment to the ball is needed. I've beena supporter of him overall but am not the least bit sorry to see him leave just the same. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Totally agree on this. He would read the play but somehow would be "just" short to get to the contest.

See ya Ambling, good ridance. :happy

He fails @ the Crows or tries the same crap his career will be finsihed