Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

DragicevicFan said:
Pick 30 and Pick 54. Doesnt seem much to me.

Sherman is attracting pick 21 currently.

Tambling is a much better player than Sherman.

When Carlton land a pick under 20 for Walker and his wonky shoulders, this deal for Tambling is going to look disappointing IMO.

The thing is that if we want it to be....Bock's pick will be a top 20 pick....so not sure what your problem is.

rosy23 said:
You're all heart geoffry. :eek:

He is the opposition now, not to mention the crap his manager said about us Richmond supporters. I'll only retract my comments when I hear Ambling state it was rubbish what Nixon said.

I hope we play Adelaide at the MCG next year, if Tambling plays then he'll leave that arena disgusted by the language the Richmond supporters will give him. Then he'll really hate the Tigers.

Disco08 said:
If he wasn't trying 100% during that time one can only imagine how good he'll be if he ever does.

No matter how well a player performs they need to have the right mindset, and be willing to put their body on the line in high pressure situations like a grand final. We'll see how good Richie turns out to be but it appears he is a bit fragile mentally. Only hindsight will tell how good he'll end up. Overall he was pretty disappointing for us though. The sad thing is it's another high draft pick that's failed for us.

Re: Tambling Done Deal.

willo said:
Adelaide's GC compensation pick for Bock. A pick between 27 and 30 depends if other clubs activate their comp picks this draft. Adelaide's pick 50 (currently) but may become 54 depending on comp picks used

Cheers Willo, I know where Adelaide got the pick from, I'm making light of us getting such a good deal, ie why the first rounder!

After having a guess at who might use their compo picks, I reckon this leaves us with...

6, 28, 32, 49, 53, 66, 83.

Good start in a compensated draft :)

rosy23 said:
Was well past his use-by-date at Tigerland.

I reckon, largely thanks to his managers comments, Richie will cop massive Richmond supporter backlash when we play the Crows. If he's so upset by it now he'd better pull a sickie when we're due to meet next season.

I just thought of a chant for Ritchie when we meet the the Crows. I hope it won't get misunderstood by him or Nixon, its just more about how he plays;

" Ritchie is a Flanker "

;D

personally im sad to see tambling go.
until this year his career was tracking well. i guess we will never know the real reasons for his form slump.

i disagree with those who reckon he would never have reached great heights at the tiges. if his poor form this year was injury related then it is reasonable to think he could have got back to his level of 2009, and continued his improvement.

for those who reckon he only played a 5 game patch of good games, you are very wrong.

anyway good luck to richie, he will be one ex-tiger i hope goes well.

Brodders17 said:
personally im sad to see tambling go.
until this year his career was tracking well. i guess we will never know the real reasons for his form slump.

i disagree with those who reckon he would never have reached great heights at the tiges. if his poor form this year was injury related then it is reasonable to think he could have got back to his level of 2009, and continued his improvement.

for those who reckon he only played a 5 game patch of good games, you are very wrong.

anyway good luck to richie, he will be one ex-tiger i hope goes well.

well said paul

skiptomystu said:
After having a guess at who might use their compo picks, I reckon this leaves us with...

49 Grigg 53 Houli & keep whatever pick (ie 45) we get for Thursfield & still leaves open option for psd

leaving 6,28,32,45,66,83 + Houli,Grigg

rosy23 said:
No matter how well a player performs they need to have the right mindset, and be willing to put their body on the line in high pressure situations like a grand final.

While he certainly looked to jog at some very inappropriate times he definitely wasn't afraid to put his body on the line when he was a part of a contest. Even some of the bigger detractors concede that.

rosy23 said:
Overall he was pretty disappointing for us though.

No one was saying he was disappointing this time last year. Fact is he's gone at the worst possible time and that's disappointing from our perspective because odds are had we traded him at any other time we'd have received far better compensation.

His career here is disappointing overall now though I guess given we were patient enough with him to get him to the point where it looked like he could be a solid contributor or maybe more only to lose him after a terribly bad year (one of the biggest anomalies I've seen in footy) as he enters his prime.

skiptomystu said:

Whats our chances of up trading one or two of those picks with Thursty or Mcguane?

LidsBling&Cotch said:
bock and 50 for tambling

Adelaide were short changed for Bock I suspect.

They've passed the short changing onto to us.

Pick 50 isn't worth anything.

evo said:
Is Grigg over the line?

Not yet, but I'm assuming Pick 50 will be used for Grigg in a best case and Houli in a worst case.

ParisAmos said:
Whats our chances of up trading one or two of those picks with Thursty or Mcguane?

That's certainly what I'd be looking at for Thursfield....is this a little unrealistic???

Will Thursfield + Bock Compo
for
Pick 20 + Pick 41???

So basically, if Freo decide to hang onto that pick until 2012, that basically equals there Pick 20.....so essentially making it Pick 41 for Will Thursfield.

Reckon that could be a possibility??

Would give us....

6, 20, 32, 41, 49, 53, 66, 83.

For those saying the picks we got for Tambling are rubbish, going on last year, we could land a Mitch Duncan or Callum Bartlett and a Troy Taylor type...the draft may be compromised, but it also got a great deal of depth.