Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Tigers of Old said:
:-[
Don't forget the Mark Graham 'The insurance'.

:hihi We sure love insurance down at Tigerland. Wish the supporters could take out insurance on the damage inflicted on us by the RFC.

The sooner this gets resolved the better, He hasn't helped himself, hasn't worked hard enough, his lackluster approach to contest just proved what everyone has been saying for 6 years, His NO good.
as for Ricky Nixon close to the biggest flogger going.
If he thought he got booed this year, just wait till next year. I will cant wait to see him play against us!! :mad:

Punxsutawney Phil said:
So Deledio will the be sole remaining member of the class of 2004....disaster with a capital D.

Clinton Casey hosted the BBQ- gone
Greg Miller was the architect - gone
Terry the saviour - gone
Polo the tough hard running flanker - to be gone
Pattison the promising KPP - gone
Meyer the silky runner - gone
Tambling the speedy onballer with great skills - to be gone

deledio - remains

Funny summary Phil. :clap

zippadeee said:
If he thought he got booed this year, just wait till next year.

The verbal abuse will be enormous from the otherside of the fence, he'll need a fulltime psychiatrist after the game.

Tambling has had the same amount of time at Richmond as Jay *smile*. Tambling is better than *smile* but he has become an inconsistent player in his 8 years with the Tigers. IMHO
its good that Tambling has asked for a trade, rather than the Tigers put him up for trade. I've never been keen on Tambling, his inconsistencies outweigh his contributions on the field
quite a bit.

If the Tigers can get a 20ish draft pick for him, I'd settle for that and then some. As for Ricky (I know it all) Nixon, the less said the better.

ToraToraTora said:
Don't wanna start anything about that draft really, but when you look at it now, there was about 2-3 great players, 2-3 good players, and a hell of a lot of spuds in that draft. Mitch Morton is also now with us. Yes it was a monumental FU, but not that many clubs did well.

Yep shocking draft, and if you could jump in a Delorean and have that time again you'd take Deledio, Franklin and trade 12, 16 and 20 for some slow developers from the 2000, 2001 and 2002 drafts.

geoffryprettyboy said:
The verbal abuse will be enormous from the otherside of the fence, he'll need a fulltime psychiatrist after the game.

:hihi

Wonder if the Tigers will do a straight swap with the Blues, Tambling for Griggs. Now that Griggs wants out of the Blues, could be
a good deal in the making, what's the score on Griggs can he play or not.

Has this thread now become what you call a sticky thread? It has leaped up to first position, is it because we are now giving Tambling his last rights before he moves on?

I will guess the Tambling debate will go on until he retires from the AFL.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Has this thread now become what you call a sticky thread? It has leaped up to first position, is it because we are now giving Tambling his last rights before he moves on?

I will guess the Tambling debate will go on until he retires from the AFL.

Nah, just while this dud is at Richmond. :spin

Tygrys said:
Tambling wasn't booed because he was taken before Franklin...he was booed because he was playing crap and the crowd thought it was about time in his career that he pulled his finger out. Clearly according to Nixon it's everyones fault but Richard Tambling. Those that drafted him at four, the crowd for not cheering him even when he didn't deserve it and the three senior coaches and their assistants plus selection panels who have gifted him games even when he hadn't earnt them. The only thing Nixon hasn't played is the race card, can hardly wait to see Tambling leave
He was never booed, only bronx cheered after getting a touch for perhaps the 3rd or 4th time in the entire game

If he's worried about the bronx cheers now imagine when he plays for the opposition.

Massai said:
Wonder if the Tigers will do a straight swap with the Blues, Tambling for Griggs. Now that Griggs wants out of the Blues, could be
a good deal in the making, what's the score on Griggs can he play or not.

that would be an awesome result for us, Grigg is a decent player starved of opportunity at carlton, while tambling is a dud. fingers crossed this happens....

geoffryprettyboy said:
If he moves on to another club and fires blanks the Tambling debate here will have a heart beat.

If he fires or fails i reckon the debate here will rage on ;D

davidrodan said:
If he fires or fails i reckon the debate here will rage on ;D

I reckon our great grandhildren will still be debating it here on PRE.

GoodOne said:
I reckon our great grandhildren will still be debating it here on PRE.

Yeah, I can see it now. "Who was our biggest 100 game dud at the beginning of this millenium ? Tambling, Krak, Pettifer, Tivendale or Houli ?"

ZeroGame said:
He was never booed, only bronx cheered after getting a touch for perhaps the 3rd or 4th time in the entire game

Booed, Bronx Cheered, we all know what Nixon is complaining about...