Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Disco08 said:
I think they can if they want but don't think they're obliged to renegotiate.

Whose? Big difference between 27 and 47.

Dunno who is interested. INstead of talking first, second or third rounders this year perhaps we are better off simply talking numbers. On that basis I think Tambling may be worth 20 - 30 on the trade market. Higher would be a good deal I think - hope clubs aren't put off by someone like Brock McLean going for pick 11 (or whatever it was).

Disco08 said:
:hihi

What do you reckon we'll get for him jimbob?

apparently is a good chance to go to adelaide for the bock compensation pick. which this year i think is 26

I'd much prefer to go after Adelaide's 14.

jb03 said:
Dunno who is interested. INstead of talking first, second or third rounders this year perhaps we are better off simply talking numbers. On that basis I think Tambling may be worth 20 - 30 on the trade market. Higher would be a good deal I think - hope clubs aren't put off by someone like Brock McLean going for pick 11 (or whatever it was).

Hope you're right. Seems there a real bunch of guys quite even from maybe 4 to 15 or so. If he's worth +/- 25 we might be able to use him to upgrade 29 to Adelaide's 14 or Brisbane's 10.

Surely Brisbane's gotta be the target. Rawlings loves him and they're only a player like Tambling away from being a finals side. ;D

Disco08 said:
I'd much prefer to go after Adelaide's 14.

Hope you're right. Seems there a real bunch of guys quite even from maybe 4 to 15 or so. If he's worth +/- 25 we might be able to use him to upgrade 29 to Adelaide's 14 or Brisbane's 10.

Surely Brisbane's gotta be the target. Rawlings loves him and they're only a player like Tambling away from being a finals side. ;D

After last year I doubt Brisbane will take anyone older than 17! And I think Raines is causing them some TPP problems.

Trading a fit Tambling will bite us. we will get under value for him IMO due to his year this year which was injury caused.

Tambling fit will show his worth, a shame it won't be with us.

I don't care about the general consensus on here - his best last year during that period was very good, he was our best player for a fair stretch of games.

Hes a HBF - FULL STOP and showed it when allowed to settle and play there. His development has been hurt by Wallace IMO - getting moved everywhere.

He will be a big loss to this club IMO.

Good luck Richard, I hope you show a lot of these Tiger Fans wrong.

"It was a bit mutual"
"...club agreed on seeking elsewhere"

Richard Tambling sound grab on SEN 4/10/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if anyone still thinks Tambling will hurt us and we shouldn't flick him,
you're on your own, cause along with the many supporters, the club no longer thinks he's worth persisting with.

Tambling is going to try and rekindle his love for the game. Well Richard...It's gotta come from yourself first.

Scribblar said:
"It was a bit mutual"
"...club agreed on seeking elsewhere"

Richard Tambling sound grab on SEN 4/10/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if anyone still thinks Tambling will hurt us and we shouldn't flick him,
you're on your own, cause along with the many supporters, the club no longer thinks he's worth persisting with.

Tambling is going to try and rekindle his love for the game. Well Richard...It's gotta come from yourself first.

Well said Scribblar. Tambling has been one of my favourite players since his junior days, but maybe he is just not cut out to fulfil his true potential. I'll follow his career with great interest as he gets older, but I don't think we will 'rue' his loss, as I reckon we will get fairly compensated.

U2Tigers said:
Trading a fit Tambling will bite us. we will get under value for him IMO due to his year this year which was injury caused.

Tambling fit will show his worth, a shame it won't be with us.

I don't care about the general consensus on here - his best last year during that period was very good, he was our best player for a fair stretch of games.

Hes a HBF - FULL STOP and showed it when allowed to settle and play there. His development has been hurt by Wallace IMO - getting moved everywhere.
He will be a big loss to this club IMO.

Good luck Richard, I hope you show a lot of these Tiger Fans wrong.

Rubbish. He has had every opportunity and got twice as many games as he deserved.

Tambling can turn into an AA for all I care, he aint going to be doing it for us.

Might aswell get sometime while we can.

IrockZ said:
Rubbish. He has had every opportunity and got twice as many games as he deserved.

Tambling can turn into an AA for all I care, he aint going to be doing it for us.

Might aswell get sometime while we can.

no qualms with you thinking like that, my opinion just differs.

As I write this (Tues 12.18am), that deluded guy 'Ray' has just rung SEN & is still arguing in favour of keeping Tambling.

Even the two commentators are trying to let 'Ray' down gently.

(1.We can't find a position for Bling...he's been tried everywhere but in the Ruck!
(2. He can't cement a spot.
(3. The team doesn't miss him when he's not in the team.
(4. We know no more about the player than we did 6 years ago.
(5. He turns the ball over.
(6. His trade value is now. No later.
(7. He has suspect focus towards his football.
(8. He's not accountable on the field.
(9. The time for excuses is over.

Unbelievable. ::)

Thank god you didn't point out his limitations, imagine how hard you'd find it trading him then!

RICHARD Tambling has told Richmond he wants out as Adelaide and a handful of other clubs circle.

Tambling's manager Ricky Nixon informed the Tigers on Sunday night of Tambling's wish to be traded, almost certainly ending his 108-game career at Punt Rd.

It is understood Geelong has shown a passing interest in the pacy midfielder, but the Crows remain in pole position to strike a deal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richard-tamblings-bid-for-freedom/story-e6frf9jf-1225934071590

No surprise, really. Despite the enthusiasm around the club, Tambling was one of the few established players who went backwards, and is never going to suit Hardwick's style. Good luck to him in fulfilling his potential elsewhere; hopefully we can organise a win-win trade.

well i suppose it cant be all bad, bling has been gifted a fair few games & we have managed to get him to 100 games
perhaps it was with intention to draft some of his kids under the father son rule !

by the way has he got any sons !!!!!!!!!!

turk-d-tiger said:
well i suppose it cant be all bad, bling has been gifted a fair few games & we have managed to get him to 100 games
perhaps it was with intention to draft some of his kids under the father son rule !

by the way has he got any sons !!!!!!!!!!
Yes Tyson was born not long after Richard got to the club in 2005

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richard-tamblings-bid-for-freedom/story-e6frf9jf-1225934071590

No surprise, really. Despite the enthusiasm around the club, Tambling was one of the few established players who went backwards, and is never going to suit Hardwick's style. Good luck to him in fulfilling his potential elsewhere; hopefully we can organise a win-win trade.

Agree. No surprise after the year he had.
This confirms to me that the injuries were not the main reason for his form slump this year.
Whilst it may have played a part, Tambling has predominantly been struggling mentally and with Hardwick's style.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Good luck to him in fulfilling his potential elsewhere; hopefully we can organise a win-win trade.

Not really interested in wishing him luck elsewhere. I am disappointed that he's opted out when we are on the verge of turning the club around.
If he turns into the next McLeod at Adelaide I'll be disappointed but also surprised.
Agree that we hopefully get a 2nd rounder. The Bock compensation will do.

Looks to me like Richie's career is going to be a lot like Daniel Wells'. Always looking like he's just about to fulfill his potential with occasional really good game. The timing for this trade is just about perfect (last year would of been better) and IMO will be seen as a master stroke by RFC in the future. I'd be happy with Adelaide's compensation pick, and I think we should save it for a less compromised or stronger draft.

Huchy just said that Tambling will give RFC a pick around the 30-35 mark.
If players like Mclean can get you pick 11, Richmond should and only give him up with a pick under 20.
If they let him go with a pick higher, Im not going to happy.

Tambling to Crows for benie Vince and our 2nd pick..

RFC should go straight to GC before anyone else, they've got a HEAP of picks for sale, surely you'd ask if there is any interest first. You're more likely to get a better pick, given the lack of good players they have over the line at the moment