Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

bowee said:
RFC should go straight to GC before anyone else, they've got a HEAP of picks for sale, surely you'd ask if there is any interest first. You're more likely to get a better pick, given the lack of good players they have over the line at the moment

Spot on.

We must get for him a pick under 20.

Tambling will be good with a fresh start seeing that his form problem is all in his head.

Tigers of Old said:
Agree that we hopefully get a 2nd rounder. The Bock compensation will do.

I'd be happy with that as well.

Bock - b&f winner, A-A CHB
Tambling - one top-10 finish in a bottom club's b&f

Bock at least has some runs on the board. With Tambling, it's still about what he might do if everything clicks.

bowee said:
RFC should go straight to GC before anyone else, they've got a HEAP of picks for sale, surely you'd ask if there is any interest first. You're more likely to get a better pick, given the lack of good players they have over the line at the moment

Agree. Would be the main club I'd pushing towards trading any of our players to.

Tigers of Old said:
Sounds like he's struggling mentally.

I been saying that for a long time on here Oldie, but some who disagreed with me I think wanted me to produce a doctors certificate.

year of the tiger said:
send to GC, add in Thursty and the steak knifes (McMahon) surely that is a late first rounder or for Josh Toy (they would have to at least ask the question wouldn't they).

Tambling, Thursfield and McMahon for a late first rounder (ie up to Pick #25)? Glad you're not our recruiter.

Tigers of Old said:
Agree. No surprise after the year he had.
This confirms to me that the injuries were not the main reason for his form slump this year.
Whilst it may have played a part, Tambling has predominantly been struggling mentally and with Hardwick's style.

Not really interested in wishing him luck elsewhere. I am disappointed that he's opted out when we are on the verge of turning the club around.
If he turns into the next McLeod at Adelaide I'll be disappointed but also surprised.
Agree that we hopefully get a 2nd rounder. The Bock compensation will do.

Good call. You certainly aren't the only one around here who believes that there was more to it than injuries for Richie.

And I also agree about wishing him luck. We have given him games when he hasn't deserved them, given him a 2 year contract when his form didn't warrant it, seem to have given him every chance in the world to show us what he is made of. And how does he repay the faith? By wanting out so he can enjoy his football again! Good grief. I certainly don't wish him luck.

According to Ricky Nixon on the AFL website:

He also said he believed Tambling would attract a draft pick somewhere in the 20s and would be a rejuvenated player at a new home.

"I thought it was terrible what he was put through last year, when he was booed at the MCG by the Richmond crowd because he was taken ahead of [Lance] Franklin," he said.

"I watched that under 18s carnival that year and everyone would have agreed Franklin was nowhere near the talent that Tambling was at the time.

"For Richard, it's all about a fresh start and getting to a club that's well coached."

OUCH!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103725/default.aspx

seems like there's an issue between tambling and hardwick. perhaps tambling didn't like being demoted to work on his game. also I found it strange that tambling went in for an operation immediately after he was dropped but managed to play with his injury while in the firsts.

Harry said:
seems like there's an issue between tambling and hardwick. perhaps tambling didn't like being demoted to work on his game. also I found it strange that tambling went in for an operation immediately after he was dropped but managed to play with his injury while in the firsts.

Hardwick probably has an issue with Tambling because he's soft, lacks awareness and is a very dumb footballer who makes poor decisions.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

He also said he believed Tambling would attract a draft pick somewhere in the 20s and would be a rejuvenated player at a new home.

"I thought it was terrible what he was put through last year, when he was booed at the MCG by the Richmond crowd because he was taken ahead of [Lance] Franklin," he said.

"I watched that under 18s carnival that year and everyone would have agreed Franklin was nowhere near the talent that Tambling was at the time.

"For Richard, it's all about a fresh start and getting to a club that's well coached."

OUCH!

Ooh it's cheap shot at the Tiges time! What about the "Tambling bid for freedom" headline. Just wait mofos, just you all wait on.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

"For Richard, it's all about a fresh start and getting to a club that's well coached."[/i]

OUCH!

Tambling wasn't booed because he was taken before Franklin...he was booed because he was playing crap and the crowd thought it was about time in his career that he pulled his finger out. Clearly according to Nixon it's everyones fault but Richard Tambling. Those that drafted him at four, the crowd for not cheering him even when he didn't deserve it and the three senior coaches and their assistants plus selection panels who have gifted him games even when he hadn't earnt them. The only thing Nixon hasn't played is the race card, can hardly wait to see Tambling leave

So Deledio will the be sole remaining member of the class of 2004....disaster with a capital D.

Clinton Casey hosted the BBQ- gone
Greg Miller was the architect - gone
Terry the saviour - gone
Polo the tough hard running flanker - to be gone
Pattison the promising KPP - gone
Meyer the silky runner - gone
Tambling the speedy onballer with great skills - to be gone
deledio - remains

Punxsutawney Phil said:
So Deledio will the be sole remaining member of the class of 2004....disaster with a capital D.

Terry the saviour - gone
deledio - remains

Also gone Dean Limbach but remaining (at least until the end of this week) = McGuane

the recruits in 2004 were deledio, tambling, meyer, pattison, polo, mcguane, limbach.

oh to have picks 1,4,12,16,20,36 again.

Punxsutawney Phil said:

Terry the saviour - gone
deledio - remains
:-[
Don't forget the Mark Graham 'The insurance'.

Just seeing that on paper makes me sick! 5 picks in the top 20 and only 1 player still at the club. No other club could've stuffed up as badly as we did? How does Wallace pretend to be an "expert" in the media and actually look at himself in the mirror!

Harry said:
the recruits in 2004 were deledio, tambling, meyer, pattison, polo, mcguane, limbach.

oh to have picks 1,4,12,16,20,36 again.

Don't wanna start anything about that draft really, but when you look at it now, there was about 2-3 great players, 2-3 good players, and a hell of a lot of spuds in that draft. Mitch Morton is also now with us. Yes it was a monumental FU, but not that many clubs did well.