Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

CK said:
If this is true then that is very disappointing.

Considering the amount of time & effort the club has put into Tambling along with giving him games when his form didn't warrant selection, than rather than hardening up & repaying the faith, this is a poor response from Tambling IMO.

Even more reason why we should be glad to see him go.

Good riddance, players like Tambling are a cancer that we don't want at this club. I think it is a good sign that Tambling is going, it shows that we finally have a coach who is brave enough to have the really hard conversations and tell players that they are not performing. Not that long ago we would have been giving Tambling more chances and making excuses for why he hasn't delivered on his potential. This club was at it's peak when GR was running things and we were ruthless on and off the field, I would be glad see this again.

Tigers of Old said:
Sounds like he's struggling mentally.
Maybe the AFL isn't for him.

What I've been saying all along. There have been many signs of mental weakness in the past. It may be because of injury this time around, who knows, but he clearly struggles to get through the mental barrier when the chips are down.

This is going to burn us. He will go to a good side or at least a semi decent side like Carlton or St. Kilda, have blokes feeding it out to him on a plate and he will become a good player.

Hopefully we get a good pick or Grigg, who I like.

timYCW#7 said:
He will go to a good side or at least a semi decent side like Carlton or St. Kilda, have blokes feeding it out to him on a plate and he will become a good player.

I'm sure our club will be pitching that to other sides who are interested.
Weather we'll be burned I'm not so convinced anymore.

timYCW#7 said:
This is going to burn us. He will go to a good side or at least a semi decent side like Carlton or St. Kilda, have blokes feeding it out to him on a plate and he will become a good player.

Hopefully we get a good pick or Grigg, who I like.

Couldnt give a rats clacker how Tambling goes at another club.
All I know is that when he plays for us hes useless.

Look, I really, really wished he'd come on and won a brownlow and justified us taking him instead of Franklin.

I'd hoped he would turn into an Andrew McLeod.

However, he earns the nickname "The watcher" for a reason.

Most people have to pay general admission or buy a membership to go watch the Tigers. Tambling gets paid to do it.

I like Bling and would be happy for him to stay. If he feels he would do better at another club then good luck to him. I think he will become a very good player at another club. But now we will look to what is the best available trade for him. My submission is a straight swap for Andrejs Everitt from The Dogs. I thought he had a great first season and I think not sure he may have been the favourite to win the Rising star award next year. I think he could be quite a good defender.

The_General said:
Look, I really, really wished he'd come on and won a brownlow and justified us taking him instead of Franklin.

I'd hoped he would turn into an Andrew McLeod.

However, he earns the nickname "The watcher" for a reason.

hey get it right - it's the witness.

Tigertool said:
I like Bling and would be happy for him to stay. If he feels he would do better at another club then good luck to him. I think he will become a very good player at another club. But now we will look to what is the best available trade for him. My submission is a straight swap for Andrejs Everitt from The Dogs. I thought he had a great first season and I think not sure he may have been the favourite to win the Rising star award next year. I think he could be quite a good defender.

Everitt??

No thanks.

May have potential but is a total tool and doesn't deserve a spot on our list.

Rfc4Ever said:
Everitt??

No thanks.

May have potential but is a total tool and doesn't deserve a spot on our list.

Apparently he wants to come to us, I would be happy.

send to GC, add in Thursty and the steak knifes (McMahon) surely that is a late first rounder or for Josh Toy (they would have to at least ask the question wouldn't they).

If they go, so be it but we should aim for more drafts (no more hislops / Thompsons please). My view is the stronger teams (Sydney and Coll) do well out of recycled players - not clubs like rfc

Harry said:
hey get it right - it's the witness.

You'll have to forgive me Harry, been overseas for 2 months and had forgotten which "W" best fitted his playing style. I'll stand corrected on the witness, although, not sure what he's actually witnessed, apart from 6 years fly by.

The only way Tambling will leave Tigerland is if pick 6 is improved.

He wouldn't be worth a 3rd rounder on this year's form. Hopefully enough clubs are interested that we can at least use him to upgrade a 2nd rounder into a first maybe from Adelaide or Brisbane.

Disco08 said:
He wouldn't be worth a 3rd rounder on this year's form. Hopefully enough clubs are interested that we can at least use him to upgrade a 2nd rounder into a first maybe from Adelaide or Brisbane.

Geez you judge Tambling hard - a third rounder! Worth much higher than that.

Disco08 said:
:hihi

What do you reckon we'll get for him jimbob?

Second rounder. I suspect Tambling has been shocked at the potential love out there for him hence his decision to seek an altenative club after re-signing with the Tigers.

Can another club pay him more than his current two year RFC contract?

I think they can if they want but don't think they're obliged to renegotiate.

jb03 said:
Second rounder.

Whose? Big difference between 27 and 47.