Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Disco08 said:
Don't think multiple clubs would be interested in a 6 year player with no awareness whose only possible position is the back pocket or flank, especially when he's indicated his preferred role is something else. Nor do I think the RFC would be demanding a premium for such a player.

Let's wait and see what eventuates shall we? Then we can also wait and see how he then performs at his new club. Plenty of clubs have traded for duds before. Not saying that is the case with Tambling, however, successfully being traded doesn't automatically confirm a player's capabilities.

Disco08 said:
The HS is quoting Cameron as their source.

I'm talking about the reasons being put forward here. Unless of course someone is close to both player and club.

Apparently has officially requested a trade from Richmond according to SEN.

Meh. Good riddance.

Barnzy said:

Meh. Good riddance.

agree - if he's not prepared to go back to coburg and do the hard yards as the coach expects, like Morton did, then show him the door.

Cmon Saints Bling will be the difference next year in your search for the premiership.

Pick 23 and he is all yours.

Tambling has left the building!! FINALLY
I would be happy if we got a untried kid either from another club or take our chances in the draft. He has not lived up to expectations and its great the club has reacted now to trade him when he holds some value..

Barnzy said:

Meh. Good riddance.

If this is true then that is very disappointing.

Considering the amount of time & effort the club has put into Tambling along with giving him games when his form didn't warrant selection, than rather than hardening up & repaying the faith, this is a poor response from Tambling IMO.

mb64 said:
Are Saints interested
Not sure if they are interested but would very surprised if they dont make a play for him. Outside player who could become very important around the likes of Hayes, Montagna, Dal Santo. Not too dissimilar why they went after Lovett.

btoz_01 said:
They should be as Tambling would be the difference between them winning or again losing the GF.
Agree.

Tambling very hard done by posters on here.

just my opinion - I say that knowing others entitled to have their own opinions, I have no problem with that. It just seems I differ to a lot of posters on here.

btoz_01 said:
They should be as Tambling would be the difference between them winning or again losing the GF.

The Saints have already got a spud with No awareness in Kosi, why would they want another one? Tambling is definitely not gonna make the difference in them winning a premiership. Deledio maybe, but not a very average outside player who can't even get a game at Richmond. If Saints offer pick 23, which should take as quick smart and run!!!!!

I just heard a little snippet of Richie talking on SEN news....."I need to get the love of the game back into me"....or something like that...interesting. A guy who found it all just a bit too quick, a bit too hard at this level imho.

ToraToraTora said:
I just heard a little snippet of Richie talking on SEN news....."I need to get the love of the game back into me"....or something like that...interesting. A guy who found it all just a bit too quick, a bit too hard at this level imho.

Well then the ultra-defensive Saints mightn't suit him then?

Tambling has been hampered by injuries all year long thats why he was not able to show us what hes really got.
Which is pace to burn with the ability to run through the lines and set up play for the forwards.
Tambling and the Saints are a perfect fit.

ToraToraTora said:

Sounds like he's struggling mentally.
Maybe the AFL isn't for him.

C'mon - I heard it as well.

sounded more like the throw away line we hear all the time. nothing that shows hes not up to AFL or mentally fragile.