Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Rockster said:
If we trade the Bling , then i wonder who will replace him as the PRE Mega Thread for 2011 .
RT has won the Mega thread of the year award for the last 2 maybe even 3 years running ,
Maybe Tyrone Vickery could be an early contender , he was a 1st round draft choice for the RFC touted to be our next white hope , (excuse the pun) and so far the only thing that stands out are his dreadlocks
Except his dreadlocks have been gone for 12 months and he's only a 2nd year ruckman so shouldn't be expected to be dominating AFL level yet
Keep up!

If Bling goes, Disco08's rapidly increasing post count is going to taper off.

is tambling worth bock's compensation pick? i would have thought he's be at least worth a top 20 pick (which i guess may well be a top 20 pick in 2 years)

Baloo said:

It’s going to be a sad day in the Disco household.

I’ve got a number 30 Richmond jumper so I don’t know what the hell I’m going to do with that

Col.W.Kurtz said:
I’ve got a number 30 Richmond jumper so I don’t know what the hell I’m going to do with that

Perhaps it will be safe to start wearing it to games again :hihi

Col.W.Kurtz said:
It’s going to be a sad day in the Disco household.

Hope that Dustin Martin gets promoted from 36 to 30.

Does anyone else find it interesting that Bling has supposedly instigated this trade?
That to me suggests that his problems this year were much deeper than any injury problems.
He had a fresh start under Hardwick but in 2010 he certainly played like he'd rather have been somewhere else, injury or otherwise.

Obviously doesn't like Hardwick's uncompromising, hard at it game style. Move him on.... next!

Tigers of Old said:
Does anyone else find it interesting that Bling has supposedly instigated this trade?
That to me suggests that his problems this year were much deeper than any injury problems.
He had a fresh start under Hardwick but in 2010 he certainly played like he'd rather have been somewhere else, injury or otherwise.

Yes I do find it interesting. Unlike a Thursfield who wants more opportunities, Tambling can't complain about that. He now has a new coach and a team hopefully on the up, would have hoped he would want to be a part of it (whether us supporters want him to be or not).

Certainly if it is the pressure of being the number 4 pick, or he is shitty because he isn't playing in his preferred spot or whatever,
then we are better off without him.

Would love to know why he is wanting to leave, particularly given the ink on his 2 year deal probably hasn't even dried yet.

Baloo said:

I noticed its already been tapering off in anticipation.

I'd say the fact that it's being reported that a number of clubs have shown interest speaks for itself and backs up most of the points I've been trying to make. :)

If it's true there are a number of clubs interested then the Tigers should play hardball.

Sad he didn't make it with us but it's time to part ways. I don't think I'll miss him as a player, it's the pick 4 that hurts.

Tigers of Old said:

Don't blame Tambling...he was under hypnosis when he decided to look for a trade.

Spooooooooky!

:hihi

Disco08 said:
I'd say the fact that it's being reported that a number of clubs have shown interest speaks for itself and backs up most of the points I've been trying to make. :)

Leysy'd say the fact that its being reported that the club that his him currently under contract is happy to trade him backs up most of the points leysy's been trying to make. :)

There's a difference between a player asking to be traded and a club being happy to trade a player. If they were actively shopping him you'd have a point.

Don't think multiple clubs would be interested in a 6 year player with no awareness whose only possible position is the back pocket or flank, especially when he's indicated his preferred role is something else. Nor do I think the RFC would be demanding a premium for such a player.

Disco08 said:
There's a difference between a player asking to be traded and a club being happy to trade a player.

If the club wasn't happy with him shopping himslef around they would say he is a required player and will not be traded.

Puts the entire saga to bed.

BrisTiger24 said:
Perhaps it will be safe to start wearing it to games again  :hihi

;D
I had actually been expecting some sort of smart ar*e comment when I wore it to games, but I’ve never got one.