Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

TonyTheTiger said:
Gotta say I am in the keep tambling camp, I think one more year, then reassess. I would hate to see us off load him for bugger all and for it to come back and bite us.

He was pretty good in the backline last year and he can hit a target, gotta try him there next year injury free, if for no other reason than it will be blood depressing for another first round draft pick to be a complete waste.

That's not a reason?
It is depressing that we made the initial mistake and drafted him to start with. (Drafted 2004)

If one young guy forces Tambling out of the side in 2011 (which is highly likely) than we have lost any bargaining value for Tambling.

Scribblar said:
That's not a reason?
It is depressing that we made the initial mistake and drafted him to start with. (Drafted 2004)

If one young guy forces Tambling out of the side in 2011 (which is highly likely) than we have lost any bargaining value for Tambling.

It is depressing, so very very depressing.

Hard to say really what he is worth though, its a gamble either way, he may come good next year and return to 2009 form or better, or he may as you say be pushed out and be a fringe player and thus value is lowered, or he may be another McMahon and play out his career in coburg.

Gotta wonder what his value is currently, early second rounder? late second rounder? My gut says we keep him one more year.

I personally think we should keep him as the 09 form was worth watching but that is from a fan perspective - as the club has stated we wont lose anyone we want to keep so we must trust them (which I know is hard).

geoffryprettyboy said:
We need him to open up our indigenous centre.

what for we have the government grant money already..send him packing for pick 4

Tambling met with Crows officials in Adelaide earlier this week, according to reports in the Advertiser.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103529/default.aspx

bowee said:
Tambling met with Crows officials in Adelaide earlier this week, according to reports in the Advertiser.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103529/default.aspx

Good choice, they are the right club to get the best out of him. Bling is a NT boy so he won’t find Adelaide to be as boring as most Melbourne lads do.

Apparently Greg Denham just said on SEN that Tambling to Adelaide is a done deal.

He claims that we will get Adelaide's compensation pick they get from Bock.

If we get that though, surely we wouldn't use it this year? That would end up being a late 20's pick?

Doesn't sound like we will be upping our Sherman contract offer either.

skiptomystu said:
Apparently Greg Denham just said on SEN that Tambling to Adelaide is a done deal.

If we get that though, surely we wouldn't use it this year? That would end up being a late 20's pick?

Hmmm...would be a late 20's pick this year or a likely to be a late teens pick in 2012 depending if other teams use their compensation picks that year from GC and GWS.

Would have thought we'd get better for Tambling though I'd suppose we'd be lucky to get that if GC nabbed him if he was uncontracted. More salary cap relief too...seems like there will be talent available late first round...maybe use the pick this year??

Are we following Voss' formula for success - trading for duds and hope it turns out alright

skiptomystu said:

Wouldnt be surprised if that pick is on traded to Brisbane for Sherman.

Would explain myself and my better half spotting someone at a Henley Beach Cafe on Sunday who looked alot like Richie.

bowee said:
as long as we can get Dangerfield in return

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

not likely...

If we trade the Bling , then i wonder who will replace him as the PRE Mega Thread for 2011 .
RT has won the Mega thread of the year award for the last 2 maybe even 3 years running ,
Maybe Tyrone Vickery could be an early contender , he was a 1st round draft choice for the RFC touted to be our next white hope , (excuse the pun) and so far the only thing that stands out are his dreadlocks