Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

The original Fev for Drummond and Richatelli deal fell through because the Lions boys didn't want to go to Carlton.

Given the way uncontracted players manufacture ways of getting to the club they want most times, I don't see why they need free agency. They've already got more power than most players in other sports without it. I guess they get paid peanuts compared to a lot of sports so this makes up for it.

geoffryprettyboy said:
On one hand this could be blessing in disguise but on the other it irritates me he is wanting out, the club has put so much time & money in him.
please please would someone confirm that tambling wants out,
or it it just nixon sticking his big fat toe in the water to test if it is hot, warm or freezin.

tropicaltiger said:
please please would someone confirm that tambling wants out,
or it it just nixon sticking his big fat toe in the water to test if it is hot, warm or freezin.

I don't think anyone knows at the moment. Not outside of Nixon, Tambling and the club anyway. Just speculation.

skiptomystu said:
I don't think anyone knows at the moment. Not outside of Nixon, Tambling and the club anyway. Just speculation.
thanks, i would expect richie to be as keen as possible to stay and show the club he does appreciate the faith they have shown in him and why he was a top notch youngster
with star written all over him.

Every club is looking at him because they know because of his injuries this year ,his currency is down and is a bargain buy.

Hope we are sensible and keep him.

smasha said:
Every club is looking at him because they know because of his injuries this year ,his currency is down and is a bargain buy.

Agree.

Pity Nixon demonstrated his usual charm by outing Tambling in the first place.

smasha said:

Other clubs can think what they like. I have confidence in the club they'll be asking for as much premium as they can get.

smasha said:

Every club? Wow, he is hot property.

Apparently Tambling was on the Marngrook footy show last night?? Anyone watch it? Does it get replayed?

skiptomystu said:
Apparently Tambling was on the Marngrook footy show last night?? Anyone watch it? Does it get replayed?

Watched Marngook last night and the opinion i got was that Richie aint going anywhere.The young Aboriginal girl asked questions about Hardwick(Who he rates highly and said the structures in place are coming along nicely),his future(In which he said he's looking forward to next year with Richmond).Spoke very well and sounds committed to Richmond.Make of this what you like,but it sounded to me like he's very determined to succeed next year with the Tige's.

Plus,the young Aboriginal girl asking the questions was terriffic,professional & no *smile*. :fing32

Thanks Dave. Do they repeat that show at all do you know? It's on NITV?

Disco08 said:
Thanks Dave. Do they repeat that show at all do you know? It's on NITV?

No worries Disco.There's a replay @3:00pm today on NITV,Channel 180.

Have been thinking about Tambling a lot lately. I cannot in my head got a true feeling for what I think is his true form. But I am starting to understand the reasons why.

In Tamblings first year, I think we did him no favours. We didn't manage the OP and put him through surgrey that may or may not have fixed the problem. But we assumed he was ok. And to be honest I haven't seen a real Richard Tambling burst since that famous goal with Scott Burns as the Coyote. He had the broken toe and the hamstring problems as well that don't help speed.

Last year we had the compartment syndrome and for what ever reason he looked a shadow of the 2009 player that began to look like a footballer for a couple of months.

Now he is getting the hips shaved and corrected. So we have had OP, compartment syndrome, hip injury that needs correcting through surgey. Pretty damaging stuff. How close to damaged goods is this? If Tambling fails next year he has no currency at all. This is the last chance. I understand at least why the club would dangle him. Let's find the what the price is while someone wants to pay something.

SCOOP said:
Have been thinking about Tambling a lot lately. I cannot in my head got a true feeling for what I think is his true form. But I am starting to understand the reasons why.

In Tamblings first year, I think we did him no favours. We didn't manage the OP and put him through surgrey that may or may not have fixed the problem. But we assumed he was ok. And to be honest I haven't seen a real Richard Tambling burst since that famous goal with Scott Burns as the Coyote. He had the broken toe and the hamstring problems as well that don't help speed.

Last year we had the compartment syndrome and for what ever reason he looked a shadow of the 2009 player that began to look like a footballer for a couple of months.

Now he is getting the hips shaved and corrected. So we have had OP, compartment syndrome, hip injury that needs correcting through surgey. Pretty damaging stuff. How close to damaged goods is this? If Tambling fails next year he has no currency at all. This is the last chance. I understand at least why the club would dangle him. Let's find the what the price is while someone wants to pay something.
I clearly remember that goal he kicked in the pre season cup. It was done by a kid full of confidence who was looking forward to the challenges of AFL football. 12 months later he looked like a kid who was shot of all confidence and looking for somewhere to hide. You pretty muched summed it up in your first paragraph. The club handled him poorly in his first year and he has not recovered from it.

Whether he can recover at a new club remains to be seen. For the best interest of both player and club the time is right to part company.

I don't see why that should be. The people that mistreated him are mostly gone.

Scoop, agree with your post. He's getting to the point where the odds of ever getting back to full tilt start getting longer and longer. He did say on that TV show that his hip surgery went well and he's back running in 2 weeks and looking forward to a full preseason though. Plenty of slips twix cup and lip still of course. Fingers crossed for the kid though whether he stays or goes. He seems like a genuinely nice bloke and great clubman.

Disco08 said:
I don't see why that should be. The people that mistreated him are mostly gone.

Scoop, agree with your post. He's getting to the point where the odds of ever getting back to full tilt start getting longer and longer. He did say on that TV show that his hip surgery went well and he's back running in 2 weeks and looking forward to a full preseason though. Plenty of slips twix cup and lip still of course. Fingers crossed for the kid though whether he stays or goes. He seems like a genuinely nice bloke and great clubman.

He's not a 'kid' anymore Disco.

As SCOOP says, things aren't getting better, so it's time for us to let go.

SCOOP said:

We have two choices with Tambling.

We can be a social conscious on behalf of Tambling (and yes, we have done it for Polak and Cousins in the past) and wait until he is fully fit, or we can judge him on his past playing record and ask ourselves if, in 2011, Tambling's inclusion will make the current Seniors a better (and value add to the) team?

Can we finally work out a spot for Tambling on the field (and this is also his fault) where he can be consistent, or are we willing to try another player or kid in the position Tambling fills?

IMO, Tambling can't hold down any spot in the current Richmond Senior team.
And our squad is getting better...is Tambling?

I'm tired of the injury excuses. I'm tired of the victim mentality.
The new Richmond needs to toughen the frig up!!

Tambling is now surplus to our needs.